“Very Nice!”

Ranked #123 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Very Nice!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 day. Hotel is very nice and rooms were very upscale. Took the metro from the mall and walked a short way. Bed was very comfortable and A/C was very cold. Free wifi was hit and miss with the connection.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to have received your review and are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that the WIFI connection was not stable during your last visit.

It would would be a pleasure to welcome you back on another occassion.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed at the Crowne plaza for 3 days recently.

Pros:
1. The hotel is nice looking and has good dining options.
2. Metro is close by, but we mostly took Taxis which are readily available and cheap compared to US prices. There are couple of shuttles to nearby malls which is nice.
3. Nice pool at the 4th floor
4. Good customer service and very polite staff

Cons
1. Rooms are on the small side.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the location of the hotel as well as the facilities and service we have provided to you met your expectation.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights as part of a trip via Hong Kong for my 50th birthday.
The location is OK and was about 15 minutes by taxi from the airport which cost 38dh to the hotel and 20dh back to the airport when we left - very cheap.
The hotel is very smart and we had a nice room with a queen size bed and lovely shower room.
We were offered IHG membership on check in which gave us 25% off our bill in the restaurants. We used the Italian which was good and Spice island which was excellent value as with our discount in was about 200dh for all you can eat quality food and as much alcohol as you wanted.
Breakfast was also served in Spice Island restaurant and was very good.
The pool area was great with a large pool and it was easy to get a lounger as it was never very busy.
We went to the Burj Khalifa which was great and did a Creak cruise which was good although I thought was a little over priced. I would suggest you use taxis to get around as whilst the metro is cheaper it is very crowded because the trains are too small.
Staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful and I would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing break.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Portishead
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled and very pleased to have read through your feedback. It is pleasure to note that we have exceeded you and your wifes expectation and are delighted to note that your stay on the occassion of your wife's birthday was a success.

I am very happy to note that you felt well looked after by all of our staff members and that the IHG Rewards Club membership added immediate value to your stay.

With great pleasure I will share you comments with the hotel team and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Good business hotel, good access to Metro, not far from airport, quiet room, room facilities and aminities are nice.

Everything are available nearby the hotel, a mid size mall, shops, restaurants, supermarket. We can find easily. Metro is few minutes away, as long as heat permit. It is Dubai, sunglass and caps are important.

It is not a brand new hotel, but I notice it has been heavily refurbished, and the staff member are all excellent, want to help and want to assist.

We will come back soon, Insya Allah.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hanafi S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and the location of the hotel met your requirements. Additional I would like to thank you for your comments regarding the newly renovated rooms and the service provided by our team members.

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just spent 6 nights at the Hotel. The very first impression upon check-in at 2am was not that overwhelming, probably also as Hotel entrance is not that glamorous nor is the neighborhood nor do I like lobbys which are not on the ground floor. And the Hotel as such obviously is not new. But rather quickly I started to appreciate the convenience of the room where everything worked well, incl free wifi, and was clean. There are nicer rooms of course but it was perfectly ok. Both the italian Restaurant as well as the Tiki Bar were very good to have Dinner at and with acceptable rates and above all very friendly staff in both outlets, they do a very good job. Did not use the main buffet restaurant but some drink at Harrys Bar which is also ok. The Pool area, also clean, lacks a little bit of ambience/decoration. Also in the evening a few candles or torches or something to make it look a little bit more cozy.
Overall most of the staff friendly to very friendly and smiling, with some exceptions of course as everywhere. A Hotel with very good value for money I think, also the location is not that great but at least only few minutes walk to 2 metro stations. Would recommend Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira and for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to hear that overal you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you are planning to recommend our hotel. I am very happy to note your feedback regarding your experiences in out Food and Beverage outlets and I am gald to read that you have enjoyed them.

I would like to thank you for your consturctive feedback on the pool layout. Please be informed that we are planning to upgrade this area this summer in order to make it more attractive for our guests.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back on another occassion.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I am siska from Indonesia. i spent for 4 night at this hotel in room 248. I felt very cozy, i have good sleep there. Room very clean. All staff consierge, receiptionist, room service and bellmen very friendly. And i have nice memories with one of consierge staff there, his name is Ahmed Shabaa. He was very friendly, he gave me helpful. He gave me maps of Dubai.. And he offered me to be a guide..it was so nice... I hope I can stay at this hotel on my next trip, and I hope will meet again with Ahmed Shabaa.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. In particular I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our concierge team member Ahmed. We will ensure that he is thanked for the way he is looking after our guests.

London
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Amazing service where all hotel employees go out of their way to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. The personal, friendly service extends to being recognised and called by name very quickly. Club rooms offer lots of useful extras like use of the Club Lounge, Wi-Fi, laundry, etc. Would definitely stay here again whenever in Dubai. Good central location near Metro station and airport but quiet rooms.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BVauditor
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to read your comments with regards to the way our team members looked after you and how they made you feel special. This is our aim at Crowne Plaza Dubai Deira and I am thrilled to notice that we were successful in delivering this experience to you. I am proud to share you comments with my team

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.