“Anushka Was Taken Care of As Well”

Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira
Ranked #125 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
“Anushka Was Taken Care of As Well”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is my first trip to the UAE and our reservations were made by corporate travel. This is a wonderful hotel and even during our Ramadan stay, everything was looked after. My room was wonderful, lots of space, a working desk and even a power bar for plugging all of my gadgets, laptop, iPd, iPod and 2 cellphones. The bed was to die for and for someone who does not sleep while on the road I slept like a baby.

I always travel with a bear named Anushka, she even had her own service and was wrapped in a pillowcase made to look like she was sleeping. How cute and thoughtful, you can see her picture at my facebook page DomainDiva.

The staff is kind and attentive without being intrusive. As they say: WELCOME TO DUBAI!

Room Tip: If you are in Dubai for business this is the PERFECT hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank OriginalDomainDiva
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

We are very delighted to read through your feedback and I will ensure that my team is thanked for the way they have made you and "Anushka" feel special. Furthermore I am also very pleased to receive your comments relating to the newly renovated rooms.

I hope to welcome you both back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Norman, OKI
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The CP Deira is a great place with beautiful rooms (at least the one I was in). I ate at Spice Island a couple of times. It can get crowded at breakfast but the selection was decent and overall relatively effecient. The gym is decent sized with nice equipment and his/her areas. The 6th floor lounge has decent food and drink during happy hour. Harry's is a great (non-smoking) sports bar with a decent beer selection. I was there during the World Cup so it was a lot of fun watching the games there. The room I had was set off from the main road in front of the hotel and above the pool (5th floor), so there was no road noise at all.

The hotel is close to the airport and a 10 minute walk to the metro from which you can get to many destinations. Taxis are plentiful out front and I never had to wait more than a few minutes to catch one.

Staff at the hotel are excellent! Everyone was well trained, attentive and provided great service.

My only complaint is the wireless was slow. It did not seem to matter what time of day/evening it was. I don't know if it was just my room location, but in any case it needs to be improved.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Deira.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and that the facilities and services met your expectation. I am very happy to note your comments regarding the service delivery of our team members. However I would like to apologise for the internet issue. We are currently checking all of our WIFI access points in the hotel in order to improve the quality of the signal.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a well established hotel located in an original urban area of Dubai. It is located within minutes from the airport by taxi and a great location for setting off sightseeing. We used to come here 14years ago when it belonged to Renaissance. The hotel has been well cared for and continually upgraded. We had an executive suite which was huge, very clean on arrival, beautifully decorated the bathroom had a large standing bath with separate shower cubicle and a beautiful mosaic feature wall. What is great with this property is the large pool area on the 4th floor which is often lacking in city hotels. The spa looked great and very reasonable but I didn't have time to try it out. The club lounge facilities surpassed expectations and the eating outlets are of a high standard (recommend Brioso in particular). I would like to recognise Fred at the pool bar and Neh in the club lounge for their service.The only negatives were related to housekeeping. We had our make up the room sign on from 9am which at that time most rooms still had their do not disturb. Our room was situated at the very end of the corridor. When we checked in the afternoon the room had not been done and the room cleaners were no where near our end of the corridor but now all the rooms we passed early on with do not disturb signs on were done or getting done in front of us. I think really that there were not enough staff. We phoned instant service to get the room serviced which it did but not to the standard I would have expected. The room was spotless on arrival but on this occasion merely made up ie bathroom floor not mopped etc also the toiletries were not of the standard we had received the day before ie not the molton brown products. Overall we enjoyed this hotel and would recommend and return but maybe would just like to place a little advice to increase housekeeping staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
DXBCPManagement, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dubai-Deira, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. In particular I am happy to note that you have liked our Club Flood facilities as well as the newly opened Brioso Italian restaurant.

I am sorry to hear the issues with regards to the timelines and efficiency of the room cleanliness. The Executive Housekeeper will ensure that she will follow up on your comments with her team.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room is very nice and cozy, very friendly stuff, clean , neat and nice.
very nice pool,nice breakfast, room service was good, bathrooms are clean and nice, very helpful we had our car battery drained they helped very well.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to have received your feedback and are very proud to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, as well as that you would highly recommend this hotel.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I Stayed in this hotel with Yes Bank group which was really a nice experience for me. Employees are really helpful concierge team, Banquets and Front office team. Rooms are really nice specially city view rooms i stayed in # 548 presidential suit really a nice room. whenever i coming to dubai i goona be stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: City view rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the services and facilities my team has provided you with, met your expectation. Additional I am pleased to read that you would consider to return to this hotel in the near future.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back on another occasion.

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is our 3rd stay at the Crowne Plaza in Deira and it won't be our last. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very well appointed.
Staff are polite and friendly. We enjoyed the pool and steam room.
Complimentary fruit in our room was a lovely touch.
Thanks again for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for returning to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel Dubai Deira.

We are very pleased to hear that you are keep coming back to stay with us. Additional we are delighted to note that my team continues to look after you in a polite and friendly way. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with them.

I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

My husband intended to book with a crown plaza he had been to before in another side of town but mistook the location and booked it in Deira instead. However, once we got here and settled in we both ended up being very happy with our stay. One thing that has consistently been the most outstanding here is the staff. Every single person working here has been kind, friendly and genuine. Our room is so comfortable we overslept more than once and for about an extra 100 dirhams a day we get a lovely breakfast buffet every morning and two hours of complimentary cocktails and appetizers every night. We personally have very much enjoyed our stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren N
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are thrilled to note that despite of accidentally booking our hotel you have really enjoyed the experience. In particular I was pleased to read your feedback regarding our hotel team members. It is pleasure to note that they have exceeded your expectation.