“A great expereince. Good to stay there again”
Review of Dusit Thani Dubai

Dusit Thani Dubai
Ranked #80 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“A great expereince. Good to stay there again”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel on business in many parts of the world and this hotel is one of my favourites. Upon arrival late at night I was made to feel most welcome. My suite was excellent and very comfortable with a large reception room and kitchen as well as a really comfortable bedroom.
Although this hotel is one of the older ones in Dubai it has been well looked after and is extremely clean.

Staff are polite and friendly as well as being eager to please. From time to time live Thai music is played in the foyer.

The views of the great City of Dubai are excellent especially from the high level restaurants on 24th floor. There was a wide variety of food in the Californian restaurant to suit all tastes in the restaurant and it was extremely well prepared and cooked.

It is situated very close to the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa. Although these are in theory within walking distance, pavements are few. Taxis take a while to get there due to the traffic congestion at times and the road system. I tried using the Metro-the station is nearby- and this is an interesting and enjoyable alternative. The stations and trains are new, clean and fully air conditioned.

Overall this hotel is well situated, very comfortable and delivers what it promises.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
Dear Ian_from_UK,

It has been our pleasure serving you in your recent stay with us here in Dusit Thani Dubai. We look forward to welcome you back.

On behalf of the entire Dusit Thani Dubai team, we wish you and your family a wonderful 2014.

Prateek Kumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I travel to Dubai regularly on business, and have stayed in various hotels, but my last visit I choose Dusit Thani, and I was so glad that I did. The Hotel staff are excellent, and always please to help. Mr room was spacious, it had a good work station with plenty of power points for phones, laptop and iPad. Separate Shower cubicle and bath. Nice large TV. It is 5 minutes walk from the Metro. I would highly recommend the Dusit Thani to anyone travelling to Dubai. I look forward to stopping there in the near future.

Dear Steve B,

It gives us joy knowing you have enjoyed your stay with us. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back on your next business trip to Dubai.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Dubai, we wish you and your loved ones a more prosperous 2014!

Singapore
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Considering that this hotel is 13 or so years old and one of the oldest along the stretch of road known as Sheikh Zayed, the Dusit Thani Dubit is considerably well-maintained. The hotel is 7 minutes away from the Dubai metro (Financial Centre), and only one stop away from The Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa. In fact, not only can you take a metered taxi from the airport, but one can also take the metro to the hotel. Very convenient indeed.
Service-wise, the staff was pleasant enough, bringing along a touch of Thai hospitality to Dubai. I had expected nothing less, since I had been to the Dusit Thani in Manila, where I experienced great service. However, in my opinion, the Front Desk staff lacked sincerity in their service delivery. The check-in experience was clinical and textbook-like. Injecting warmth into the process would be good. But, I do appreciate all the concierge team has done. Through them, a safari tour was arranged and questions were ably answered. One person that stood out at the concierge desk was Shamin. He is an example for all to follow and definitely a role model. Often, he would ask how my day was and how the hotel can make my stay more pleasant. A fine example of Thai/Dubai hospitality indeed.
The same can be said of some of the team members at The Californian, the breakfast room. Kudos to Sarah, Nazrel (I think that is how her name is spelt) and Johny who made my day every morning. Great staff, keep it up!
Overall, this hotel is highly recommended. Location-wise, it is faultless, but it needs just a little improvement in their service delivery and that would be fantastic. In fact, comparing my visit to the Burj Al Arab, I found my experience at the Dusit Thani Dubai far better!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear CCHSingapore,

Your feedback is highly valuable to us. Thank you for sharing them here in TripAdvisor. We'll make sure we pass on your appreciation to Shamim, Johnny, Sarah and Neszel.

On behalf of Dusit Thani Dubai, we wish you and loved ones a more prosperous 2014!

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth stay in this hotel and I absolutely love it !! The furniture in the apartments is slightly worn out so I prefer the hotel rooms instead.

But overall. . Love the location. . The staff.. the aroma ..

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Maskati88,

Thank you for making Dusit Thani your preferred home in Dubai. To welcome you back for the 5th time would be our pleasure.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed here during a weekend visit to Dubai because I wanted somewhere close to the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa. The hotel itself is very nice, clean and well presented. The staff were excellent - attentive, polite and welcoming. Customer service was excellent and without fault. My allocated room was very well equipped and impressive, and all the facilities were as advertised. Despite being located immediately adjacent to the busy Sheikh Zayed Road, the hotel was very quiet and peaceful. It may not be the glitziest venue in Dubai, but I would highly recommend it to fellow travellers who prefer to be close to the city and yet still within a short taxi ride of all the main attractions.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south west side might have views of the Burj Khalifa. Mine was facing north east and th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear Stu S,

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback here in TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. It gives us delight knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It would be our joy to welcome you back in the coming weekends this December.

Budapest
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stayed here for a night delivering a course. I like this hotel since it is very cozy and have everything you need and staff is friendly. Not as glittery as other Dusit Thani hotels, but it is still a very good choice!

Dear Bumbi17,

We believe that what sets us apart is the level of service excellence that we provide to all our guests - the warmth and sincerity of our employees and the heart to provide a truly memorable stay with us.

Thank you for sharing your kind feedback and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I would really recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in this location on a visit to Dubai. The hotel itself is lovely - clean, tidy and with all of the elements needed to make a relaxing and comfortable stay. The staff were always attentive and helpful and the level of customer service really was excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Sarah S,

We take great pride in the sincerity and warmth of all our employees and it brings us joy knowing you have experienced this firsthand during your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.