“Dusit Thani is the best” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dusit Thani Dubai

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Dusit Thani Dubai
Ranked #81 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Dusit Thani is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is probably my 5th time staying at the Dusit Thani Dubai and this hotel is really an amazing hotel. The Staff makes this place, the professionalism and the Thai experience are amazing. The Dusit is ideal for Business visits it is situated at the heart of Dubai business centre on Shaikh Zayed road which provides immediate access to the city business and leisure districts.

Whilst it is one the best properties in Dubai, it offers very competitive rates when you book via www.booking.com who are also vey professional and they are very attentive and responsive to their clients' needs. As I travel on business I tend to change my arrival and departure dates frequently. Booking.com has been extremely professional and helpful along with the Dusit looking after their clients' needs.

So in summary The Dusit Thani and www.booking.com are my winning brands when it comes to travel on business to Dubai. I am a committed client to both Brands who deliver an outstanding service

Room Tip: I stayed in the One Bed room apartment, it is lovely and big and allows you the opportunity to host...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Dusit Worldwide Co. Ltd

Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Ahmed T,

It was a pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay in our One Bedroom Suite. On behalf of my team, thank you for your kind words.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future especially with the launch of our newly renovated One and Two Bedroom Suites, Dusit Thani Dubai's most recent pride.

Prateek Kumar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights last weekend. I thought the hotel was lovely. Being part of a Thai brand of hotels, you could see thai touches around the lobby but it wasn't gimmicky. My room was on the 32nd floor, and was large and spacious. The bed was HUGE and extremely comfortable. The bathroom was also large, toilet and large shower cubicle were separated by glass screen and doors. There was also a separate bath with shutters which could be opened as a window into the bedroom. There were also an array of toiletries provided, one of which was a toothbrush which was great as I had forgotten mine! A small hairdryer was provided but if you ladies have thick hair, I would bring your own and the one provided was not very strong. There is also a minibar, fridge, iron and board, robe and slippers provided, and a complimentary safe in the wardrobe. As Dubai is very hot, the aircon worked a treat and was always set a suitable temperature, not too cold. I found the staff to be helpful and courteous. The breakfast buffet was great, a lovely selection of local and international foods, smoothies, omelettes made as you wish, you could order a variety of coffees and teas and the breakfast room had great views of the Burj Kalifa which was close by. You could also see the infamous Dubai Mall which was only a very short taxi ride away (about £2.50 ride), or 1 metro stip. The metro stop is about a 5 min walk from the hotel, although as it is so hot, I would recommend taxis everywhere as they are so cheap! (and easy to get outside the hotel). The hotel also had two restaurants, a Thai restaurant which serves authentic, traditional Thai cuisine. I was told by hotel staff that the chef used to be the chef for the royal family and the restaurant has won awards for their food. There is also an Italian restaurant which my friend ate at and said that it was one of the best steaks she ever had. There is a decent gym and roof top pool (partially covered) where you can relax. There is a spa being constructed but wasnt yet open while I was there. There is also an onsite 24 hour deli which serves various cakes, breakfast, gelato etc should you ever have the urge for something in the middle of the night. There is also an onsite hairdressing salon, and obviously a bar which had a singer and piano player there night I was there. The hotel is located amongst all the large hotel chains, The Ritz, The Shangri La is across the road, I don't know how the interior compares, but I was very happy with my stay at The Dusit Thani, I had no complaints and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Burj Kalifa.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Tara F,

Thank you for choosing Dusit Thani Dubai as your home in your recent visit to Dubai. It is our pleasure knowing you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us.

It would be great to usher you back in the near future, especially when the hotel spa opens.

With warmest regards,

Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was our first visit to Dubai, and based on previous reviews, we decided to opt for a club room. From the start with our collection from the airport in a 7 series BMW, the Hotel, and service, was first class. We met an American staying in the Hotel on Business, who stated that he would not stay anywhere else!. The staff could not do enough for us, whether it be helping with suggestions on what to do, or booking us a taxi or reservation. The room on the 34th floor was spacious, well equipped with great views. The upgrade to club was worth every penny, and we most certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: If you can afford it upgrade to club.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tom C
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Tom C,

If there is one thing that never fails to inspirit us, it is our guests' appreciation and kind words about their experience with us here in Dusit Thani Dubai.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback in TripAdvisor. Your words continue to inspire us to give our best at all times and ensure our guests enjoy a faultless experience.

It would be our joy to welcome you and your spouse once again to Dusit Thani Dubai.

Gosport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I went there for Friday morning Brunch we found the service excellent the staff were very attentive, waitresses, chefs, in fact all staff, helpful and always with a smile. The food was as you can imagine first class and choice was International; soups, cold buffet, English roast, Indian, Seafood, Chinese, Japanese sushi, Italian, etc.etc. and obviously the deserts were extremely good too. Unfortunately there is no pork meat served. There were various levels of charge levels depending on whether you wanted alcoholic beverage or just soft drinks, so look at this before you start. The children are catered for as there is face painting, balloons artist, even some adults were having their faces painted. Thai dancers perform about every half hour, and between times a singer/piano player performs. The restaurant is on the 24th floor so the views of Dubai are ideal for taking photo's of Burj Khalifa the tallest building in the world, and Shaikh Zayed Road the major route into Dubai from Abu Dhabi. The Brunch end at 4pm we got there at 12 pm and had plenty of time to relax between courses. Recommend you try this for your Friday Brunch but book first as it is very popular.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Malcolm D,

Your delectable review about our Friday Brunch is truly appreciated. Thank you for your kind feedback. It delights us knowing you and your family enjoyed our offerings from the three specialty restaurants located on the 24th floor - PAX Italian, Benjarong Thai and The Californian which serves international dishes.

We hope to have you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Meanwhile, we wish you and your family all the best.

Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

My rating of ‘average’ for this establishment is based on the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff.

I travelled to Dubai recently, for a short break, to meet a friend who was celebrating a birthday. We were going to do the Friday champagne brunch, which was excellent by the way, and had decided to treat ourselves and stay at the Dusit Thani. We booked a two bed roomed apartment as this would mean that we would both have our own bedroom and bathroom.

Check in was smooth and the two bedroomed apartment was fine. It had a stunning view of the Burj Khalifa and it was big and comfortable and I was happy to offer to use the second bedroom and bathroom. I just assumed that in a 5* hotel the general standard of both bathrooms would be the same. The only difference perhaps being the size. Right?

Well, NO. The standard of the bathrooms in all the 3* hotel around the world, where I have stayed, are far superior.

The second bathroom has few amenities and the lack of comfort is shocking. There is only a shower in the bathroom which was fine. The base of the shower, however, is so small that there is just enough room to stand. There is also no way of getting out of the initial burst of ice cold water once you open the taps. There is NO shelf in the shower to put your toiletries, so you have to put your toiletries on the floor. While showering, you have to bend down and try to feel your way around the floor to get hold of your toiletries with one hand while, at the same time, you have to use your other hand to fight off the wet shower curtain that clings to you for dear life. Because of the small shower base there is NO room to manoeuvre. The old fashioned shower curtain does not keep the floor dry either.

The only shelf in the bathroom is a tiny glass one which is only big enough to hold the toiletries the hotel supplies. There is NO space anywhere in the bathroom to put your own toiletries.

I checked to see what the master bathroom had to offer and was dismayed and annoyed when I found the following.

The master bathroom contained the following:
Rubbish bin, ample space for personal toiletries, hand towels, face cloth, box with tissues, liquid hand soap. The second bathroom on the other hand contained none of the above and there was no space for my toiletries.

Luckily, I was able to use a hand towel and face cloth from the master bathroom but again there was nowhere to hang them. It should not have been necessary for me to 'raid' the master bathroom for things I should have had in a 5* hotel.

I know a lot has been written by management about the two bed roomed apartments currently being upgraded. My response to that would be that the lack of comfort and the poor standard of the bathroom are not something brought on by age like worn out carpets. When was this bathroom ever considered 5 star?

There is, unfortunately, only one conclusion I can reach - the PAYING guest or guests using the second bathroom is NOT valued by this hotel at all.

The staff is great. They are extremely helpful and friendly. The food is of a high standard and the champagne brunch was really excellent and delicious.

It is therefore a pity that my lasting memory of the Dusit Thani will not be the great food and service but rather the disappointing sub standard second bathroom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank saartjie189
Prateek_Kumar, General Manager at Dusit Thani Dubai, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear saartjie189,

Thank you for choosing Dusit Thani Dubai as your preferred home in Dubai during your recent visit. It saddens us that despite all the positive points you have experienced with us, your lasting memory only includes the second bathroom in our Two Bedroom Suite.

All our guests are highly and equally valuable to us and we apologize if you have felt otherwise. Most hotels have the same configuration in their suites having two bathrooms but of different lay out.

We hope that we will be given another opportunity to provide you with a pleasantly memorable stay with us - this remains to be our only desire for our guests to experience.

Thank you once again and to welcome you back would be our true pleasure,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a lovely stay, close to the airport so very convenient on a business trip, excellent service, staff respond quickly and efficiently to requests. Very nice rooms with a view of Sheikh Zayed road and some of Burj khalifa..spacious and cozy

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Raniaelhelaly,

It never fails to delight us when guests tell us of how much they have enjoyed their stay with us. Your appreciation of our efforts and offerings continue to inspire us. From the entire team of Dusit Thani Dubai, thank you very much.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Muscat Governorate, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The Reciption on the hotel during check in was simply horrible, rude, unprofessional and sarcastic... My booking was for an apartment and worse that I was not even asked if I wanted to change or anything, I was not offered a refreshing towel, the receptionist didn't communicate a single word except can I have your credit card, and the room is not ready.... Frankly the worst I have seen over my several visits to dust Thani. I gave myself the time to get to room 1518 but this was the last straw the room was horrible, poorly maintained and after more than an hour I was still waiting for an ironing board. After a very harsh complaint I was asked if I want to change the room to the main hotel and this time the receptionist was different and a real professional. I paid a bit more but moved to room 3112 which was a great room with a spectacular view. The room is big, have all what is expected from a proper 5 start hotel and the treatment was different and reflected real Thai hospitality.
I would still recommend the hotel despite the unfortunate start and the unprofessional 2 particular receptionists!!!!! I have to admit other than the clumsy start the hotel is good and located in a nice area and close by several attractions ...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear waleedma,

On behalf of the entire team of Dusit Thani Dubai, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay in our hotel and for taking the time to share your experience here in TripAdvisor. Your feedback is highly appreciated, especially as we have clearly failed to meet your expected standards in the beginning of your stay. It was definitely unacceptable and we don't tolerate such behavior. Rest assured that we have taken necessary action to ensure that our guests are treated with courtesy and warm welcome at all times.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Dusit Thani Dubai and we hope, as a result of your feedback, to serve you better when you return to our hotel.

All the best,