“Hotel is OK but not for the receptionist”

Ramee Hotel Apartment
Ranked #427 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I would recommended this hotel to stay.

But I dont really like the receptionist there. Most of them were reluctant to smile. Maybe they had a bad day everyday. If they put on a smile and be friendly to the guests, i would say this hotel will be superb!!

If you want airport transfer, make sure to book it early and ask them to write it in front of you so that there will be black and white. Or else, I dont think the transfer will be available for you. In my case, even I had booked it many times earlier (from the day i reached, 2 days before I depart, one day before depart, even on the day I will be departed- morning time) still when I asked the receptionist, he said that the transfer is not available. How can it be??? Luckily there was one staff named Sabitha volunteered to send me to the airport.

By the way, if you ask the condition of the hotel, I can say its with every penny. Near to souvenir shops, supermarket, al-Fahidi metro (about 7mins walk) and in front of the mosque (i dont think its convenient for non muslims since they will said the 'AZAN' disturbing their sleep.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank IntanDayana

Reviewed 17 November 2013

How this hotel is awarded 3 stars is beyond me!! The price is cheap but the hotel is absolutely awful.... the reception staff are not in any way helpful! There is no balcony or even a window that can be opened! There is a distinctive odour to the hotel that is rather overwhelming! I went with a friend and we was stared at every time we left the hotel by the locals! Very uncomfortable!
This hotel is extremely basic! The location isn't great but because taxis are so cheap you can get past that! I would never return or recommend this to anyone! SERIOUSLY AVOID!!!!!!

Room Tip: pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 780unknown
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Just don't stay there. Period. Cockroaches, dirty and you have to wake up every morning at 5am because of the incredible loud mosque... To go with that they don't have double windows and don't care at all to solve your problems... As I said. Just don't stay there... At all!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Diogo B
Reviewed 3 May 2013

In front of a mesq, you have to wake up at 5 am because the singing of the prayers. In the same block there is a huge supermarket. For the price is OK, maybe a little dirty, maybe you don't want to swim in a pool full of hindi guys, but its good located (very far from Jumeirah and the Dubai that you saw in Discovery Channel, but near the funny Creek and the Old Dubai) is a good reason. If I come back to Dubai, probably I go there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank simon_posada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I have been a long term guest of the Ramee Group in Abu Dhabi and had high expectations of their service in Dubai. Booked a studio and requested early check in (and this was confirmed in the booking voucher). At 7AM, me and my family (with a 1 year old baby) were initially told to wait as check in time was 2PM and room was not available. On raising a ruckus, they gave me a room in just 5 Mins (which just showed that the room was indeed available). There was neither a smile nor a welcome from the front office guy. We had come after a 1.50 Hours Drive from Abu Dhabi and were hungry but the check in guy denied us to eat the breakfast as we had early checked in. I requested him that we eat their BF today and will skip it on the last day, but he said "SORRY, I cant allow that". The worst guest experience to start with. Room was nothing great to write home about. I paid for double occupancy but they kept only ONE towel each day. When we requested for another towel, they never turned up. I even raised all the issues with the sales associate, but no action was taken by them. I have taken a vow, never to stay with the ramee group again, Hats off to the Abu Dhabi Group for taking such good care of us from the last 2 years, but the Dubai group failed us big time.

Room Tip: Never take a room in this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bharat K
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Hotel was filthy, room was filthy! We asked for a non smoking room, which we did not get and the room smelt awful. The kitchenette was dirty and the dirty utensils were minimal or non existent eg, no plates or bowels! The fridge when opened left a pong in the room for about half an hour! The sheets although appeared washed had yellow stains on them and the bed had small hairs all over it! The bathroom again was dirty, there was mould growing up the door! One positive was that the shower was ok with hot water! The safe had the wrong instructions with it and did not work, therefore we could not lock our valuables away! The bell boy was very friendly, but reception staff moody and unhelpful!

Location wise, it's a 5 minute walk away from the metro, which is cheap and easy to use, however do not ride the metro at peak time as it is not a great experience!

To sum it up, stay somewhere else and in a different district! We were not expecting 5 star facilities, but it still was not worth the
Money that we spent!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Stuffey1
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Best hotel in town near mena bazar and alkhaleej center dubai, best indian and pakistani restaurents around ramee hotel, price is right, rooms are neat and clean, hotel staffs are friendly, free breakfast in morning, i would like to go again in ramee hotel appartments at rolla street bur dubi, i really enjoyed it.

Room Tip: choose any room its good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family