“Business transit”

Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #86 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
“Business transit”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have been a regular at Le Meridien for the past twelve years transiting to and from Yemen where I work. This hotel is excellent for the business and leisure traveller. Very friendly and helpful staff really good variety of restaurants and bars, dubliners if you want to watch the latest sport. Several pools and other leisure facilities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We are showing all world cup matches live in Dubliners. Thank you once again for appreciating the services in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Ranjan Nadarajah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,049)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Correct accomodation close to hotel (taxi for 30 DHS by night) and close to Terminal 1 where you can take metro. Room spacious, bathroom with both shower and tube however the overall is quite old, very clean but ancient. Room equiped with complimentary water, coffe and tea. Nice medium swimming pool, helpful staff. Complimentary shuttle upon request. Wide range of breakfast, rich and diversified.

Good for business stay.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us once again.

Thank you for appreciating the services in the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

south australia
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We arrived early in the morning after a long flight from Australia. We were upgraded to the Royal Club rooms in the new building .After a short wait we were able to check in early. Our room was very spacious with lovely King sized bed, Bathroom was amazing .Lovely big bowl of fruit. Staff are all very helpful and polite. Breakfast was good with lots to choose from. lots of extras included with Royal Club rooms. Evening cocktails, Afternoon tea which was superb, Bottled water in the room. Niqhtcaps and desserts left in our room each evening with the turn down service. Transfers to and from the airport are also included. Lots of restaurants in the resort. would stay again for a stopover in Dubai

Room Tip: Ask for a Royal club room in the new building
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carol T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in our new Royal Club rooms.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I arrived here after a delayed overseas flight, at 2am, after 30+ hours of travel, with one more flight to go, in desperate need of rest. For reasons no one ever explained to me I was put in a smoking room. I could smell it as soon as we turned down the hallway, and asked to be moved right away. I was then taken to the "Emerald Suite", a huge but terribly dated suite that looked like it was last decorated 30 years ago - depressing floral pastels and worn out furniture. The hotel staff seemed perplexed that I was not more appreciative of the size. This was their idea of making up for the smoking room mix-up. I finally checked in to the third room, some 30 minutes after I arrived. I was greeted by hair left in the bath tub and a light system that randomly turned on and off by itself (including as I tried to sleep). In the morning, the hotel forgot to do my wake-up call. Then I went to make coffee and the milk had spoiled - I only discovered this after drinking the coffee - a taste I shall not soon forget. I called for replacement milk, which never came. Then I headed off to the gym, discovering that while it was fully equipped with spa and pool, it was a 10-minute walk away outdoors that involved asking for directions 4 times. The hotel is just too big and sprawling for a short business trip or lay-over. When I got back to my room after the epic return voyage from the fitness centre, my key would not work. I had to walk back and forth to reception three times to exchange keys, drenched in sweat and yearning for a shower. I was in desperate need of recharging during my short stay at this hotel and I did not get that, and I wouldn't attempt it again.

Room Tip: One thing I noticed about the hotel is a lot of variation in refurbishment and I heard from a friend...
4 Thank greentravellercanada
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you were disappointed with your stay in the hotel.

We do hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Dubai again soon and while we can empathize with your disappointment and can understand your hesitation to stay with us again, I do hope that you will give our hotel another try and contact me directly for your next reservation in order for me to personally look after your arrangements and ensure that you will have a satisfactory and enjoyable stay with us.

Once again, our sincere apologies for the untoward experience at our hotel - I do look forward to hearing from you and hope to meet you personally on your next visit to Le Méridien Dubai.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I enjoyed the room, but since the only pair of trousers I brought were dirty, I was unable to visit any of the nice restaurants. Don't go there if you're coming back from a beach vacation. I was still able to visit the Irish pub, si it wasn't a total loss.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologise that you were not able to visit any of our 18 food & beverage outlets except for Jules Bar. Please do let us know in case your travel plans will bring you back to Dubai sometime soon.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at Le Meridian Dubai on several occasions during business trips while stopping over in Dubai, It is an older hotel who's best days have passed resulting in it looking a little tired in and around the public spaces. It is extremely convenient to the Airport ( just a couple of minutes by car).

The Reception and front of house staff are particularly attentive, helpful and friendly.

The rooms are very nice, both clean and spacious with complimentary fruit bowl, water and 1 litre bottle of Spanish Merlot upon arrival. Comfy beds with the biggest pillows I've ever come across always make for a good nights sleep. The extensive mini bar is reasonably priced (for Dubai) and the TV in the room is of a modern (flat screen) and more than adequate size for the room.

The only thing that let's the Le Meridian Dubai down is that as business customer there is no free WI-Fi in the room, this can however be purchased for AED 55 (£9:00 - $15:00 - €11:00) for an 8 hour period, which I personally think is pretty expensive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We regret to know that you were not particularly happy about the prices for WiFi. IF you are a regular business visitor to Dubai please send us your contact details so that we can discuss the business opportunity and to include free WiFi in your corporate contracted rates. You can email us your contact details on sales.lmdubai@lemeridien.com

Kind Regards
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is part of the Qantas-Emirates Dubai Connect program, and is woeful. A minibus transfer from the airport (less than 5 minutes) to a dedicated Emirates entrance to the hotel. The non-smoking room I had stank badly of old cigarette smoke. As a ground floor room facing the car park, opening a window when it is 35C outside is NOT an option! The carpet was filthy. The bathroom was badly in need of an update. At least the sheets appeared to be clean. This was not a pleasant night. Breakfast was included, and served in the main hotel - very good. This does the Le Meridien brand a very bad disservice.

Room Tip: Just don't use Dubai Connect.
2 Thank ian_hogie
Dear Guest,

My colleague from guest service department would have been in touch with you take more details so that we can address the issues at hotel level.