“Third of my visits to Le Meridien” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre

Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #89 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Essex, UK
“Third of my visits to Le Meridien”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2009

We stayed as a group of 5 - myself, my 2 daughters aged 21 and 23 and a friend and her daughter. We stayed at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi for 3 nights and then because I loved Le Meridien on the last 2 occasions I booked us in for 1 night in Royal Club rooms.
We did not realise that there was a separate check in area for Royal Club so started off in the main check in area but with complimentary coffee and delicious chocs.
We had arrived at 12.30pm and when we got to the Royal Club area our rooms were not ready so they let us go into the Club Lounge where we had complimentary drinks.
We could not get into our rooms till around 2.30pm. We had stayed in a ground floor room with doors opening onto the pool before so I was a bit disappointed with the location of the Royal Club room. I did find the noise transferrence between rooms quite bad and my daughters who were along the corridor (why did they not put us next to each other when I had booked at the same time over 8 months previously?) were kept awake by noisy children which I would not expect in the Royal Club area.
Bathroom was small as on previous stay but the bed and pillows were as comfortable as ever with good coffee machine and TV.
We went down to the pool and the attendant was not as attentive as on previous occasions but we managed to find enough beds. We then used the swim up bar and ordered cocktails but were not too impressed as the bartender did not know how to make them. He also kept other guests waiting a long time.
We then decided to go for the complimentary afternoon tea which was lovely. Lots of sandwiches, cakes, chocolates etc. The decor of the RC lounge is relaxing and there is a TV lounge area and books and papers, and DVD's you can use in your room.
We then went for a rest in our room and headed back to the lounge for drinks and canapes.
We only had one canape as we were booked into Yalumba for a buffet meal, but you could have as many drinks as you wanted, which were served by a very good barman who treated us like royalty.
The buffet was 99 dirhams for 99 dishes and 15 dirhams for each drink. I must admit I had eaten so much over the last few days I did not have much of an appetite but there was a very good choice and the service was excellent.
We then were tired so went to bed and got our alarm call for 6.00 am.
There was a breakfast available in the RC from 7.00 (possibly 6.30) which was a buffet but also eggs ie eggs benedict with freshly squeezed juices.
We then settled our bill with no problems and got the courtesy transport to the airport.
All in all another excellent stay. I think that what gives it the edge is the courtesy of the staff towards us and makes you feel special. The value for money in the summer months is unbeatable and my only problem now is that we are hoping to go for Easter and it is working out rather more expensive - but for a really relaxing treat you cant beat it.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank jcorbygas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reykjavik, Iceland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2009

Last year I wrote two quite critical reviews of Le Meridien Royal Club. Because of Trip Advisor‘s policy of “one review per contributor per hotel“ these are no longer available to view. Although I had indicated my intention to change to another hotel, in the event I decided to try Le Meridien one further time, and I am delighted to advise on many positive changes.

As background, I have been a regular guest here for the past six years or so, and until late 2007 I couldn’t have been happier. Yes, the room décor is a bit dated, and yes, the bathrooms are small, but the service and extras more than compensated, particularly in view of the reasonable prices even in peak season.

On my recent trip (3 nights, arriving 28 June 2009) I again stayed in a Royal Club room. The chaffeured Terminal 3 pick-up arrangements, previously seemingly non-existent, are now much improved and offer a similar level of service to that available from Terminal 1.

Check-in was in-room at 01:30 and was quick and efficient. Overall, the room was of a reasonable size, with fixtures and fittings in good condition. A desk lamp would be useful; there was no hair conditioner amongst the complimentary toiletries, although both “shampoo“ and “conditioning shampoo“ were supplied. None of the skirt hangers functioned, the clamping bars failing to fully close. These were quickly replaced by housekeeping.

We ate an excellent breakfast daily in the Royal Club Lounge. I‘m pleased to say that the silver cruet sets have been polished since my previous visit, one of the many details which had dissatisfied me. We only used the lounge on one evening for the complimentary cocktail hour; it seems that the hors d’oeuvres are still rationed to one canapé and a bowl of mixed nuts per person.

On the first full evening we ate at “Al Minjana“, the Lebanese restaurant in the Meridien Village. Service was efficient, the cold meze was great. We were divided in our opinion of the hot meze, but united in our dislike of the whole meat course, which was overcooked to the point of inedibility. Personally, I felt that the live music was too loud, making it impossible to converse.

On the second evening we booked a table at the “Fish Market“. On arrival we were quickly shown to our table and presented with a cocktail menu each. We waited a full 15 minutes, repeatedly trying to attract the attention of waiters, then stood to leave, at which a waiter appeared. Telling him that we were totally unimpressed with the level of service, we went to “Yalumba” restaurant where we enjoyed an excellent seafood buffet and prompt waiter service. My only previous visit to the Fish Market was in April 2004, when I recall being singularly unimpressed with the service. I shan‘t bother again!

Generally, service levels throughout the hotel remain high. I still find the Internet expensive, particularly as it used to be complimentary in the Royal Club rooms. One little niggle – a couple of years ago the multiple service buttons on the telephone – housekeeping, reception, room service – were replaced with a single “service“ button. It‘s my feeling that this is less efficient, and disconnects the guest from the staff.

Overall, a much improved stay – I‘m pleased to retract my previous intention to find a new hotel – I‘ll be back!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FrozenBaz
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 23 July 2009
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time spared in giving us your feedback; we will take corrective measures accordingly.

We always strive to deliver our guests the highest levels of hospitality.

Hope to welcome you back in the future.

Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

My partner and i have just returned from a 6 night stay at Le Meridien Dubai, and i cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

We were a bit worried about it being so close to the airport,but we needed have been! You wouldnt even know it was next to an airport!

All the bars and restaurants were excellent, Dubliners is a must!! Pools were great, and the staff couldnt have been more helpfull. Great rooms too!

As i said, i cant say enough good things about this hotel, and we will most definatley be returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 16 July 2009
Dear Soozy,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Dubai for your stay; we are glad you had a great time and look forward to welcoming you again.

We would like to share with you our upcoming promotions and happenings at Le Méridien Dubai; hence would like to know your interest in receiving such information in the future. Please reply to us at customerservice@lmdubai.com

customerservice@lmdubai.com
greece
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2009

The hotel is really good and the staff really friendly especially in the Yaloumba restaurant where we had our breakfast. As hoenymooners we had a chocolate cake and a bottle of wine waiting for us when we got there. It was nice. Another great thing was the concierge. Everyone there were really friendly and at your ease.

The room was quite spacious as we stayed in a simple room. The breakfast was awesome, you had everything you can imagine. A great choice of everything and of course arabic food!
If you speak english always confirm twice what you need and what you want to arrange as sometimes they do not understand what you're talking about and you are rest assured that everything is arranged for you, but it's not!!!

All in all, a good hotel near the airport from where you certainly need a taxi. I would recommend a more central hotel for more convenience regarding the transport.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 15 July 2009
Dear Katiaj,

Thank you for your positive review.

We are delighted to hear that your experience at Le Méridien Dubai was an enjoyable one.

We will share your feedback with our associates who always strive to meet customer’s expectations.

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Le Méridien Dubai Team
customerservice@lmdubai.com
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2009

This is an amazing Hotel, spotlessly clean with very helpfull staff, spacious rooms and lovely beach and gardens. Five of us went on a girls holiday and asked for 2 inter-connecting rooms which we got. the only downside with the room was, 1 of our rooms was supposed to be a triple room, it had an enormous double bed which 2 of us slept in but the third person had to sleep on a camp bed now we didn't complain as we had such a great time and i'm sure if we told them they may have made changes but we wanted an inter-connecting room so we didn't complainbut I thought for a 5 star this was a bit of a let down.
the sea view was amazing from our balcony. the buffet style breakfast was fantastic, with a huge selection to choose from and excellent service.
overall it was a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, 7 July 2009
Dear Corcaigheire,

Thank you for taking out time to write this review; it is always nice to hear good comments from our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at a Méridien which we believe is a beach property.

Hope you’ll get time to enjoy the city experience on your next visit.

Best Regards,
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2009

Just back from 4 nights in Le Meridien and found it fabulous. Check in was very efficient and we were given a room within one hour of arrival at 7.00am despite check-in not officially being until 2.00pm. Spacious, comfortable, well appointed room though as others have said the bathroom, though fine for purpose, could have done with a bit of an update. Extensive breakfast (including chocolate fountain if it takes your fancy!!) until 10.30pm in Yalumba restaurant. Gorgeous pool areas open until 7-10pm. Le Meridien village was wonderful for food, I think there are 16 restaurants in there, French, Italian, Tex-Mex, Thai, you name it! We found service to be extremely friendly and efficient, everyone we came across was most helpful. What I found was that even though you are just right beside the airport it feels as if you are away in the middle of nowhere once you are inside the complex. It's fairly near the newly opened Dubai Mall too. Concierge was great upon our check out at 10pm, we were invited to the spa for a freshen up shower etc before departure. Highly reccommend it!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Sevenoaks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2009

Very good hotel . Staff very helpful and professional and free upgrade was a bonus!

Lovely pool and food and fantastic meridien village next door.

Excellent buffet deals in Meridien village which are all inclusive incl alcohol which can save you a fortune in Dubai.

Location benefits are dependent on purpose of trip. If business then proximity to irport is a plus. If pleasure then distance from beaches can be arduous. Taxis however are readily available from the entrance but be sure to hail you own as the hotel taxis are significantly more expensive.

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple