Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina
Ranked #83 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Just returned from second visit within 2 years. Couldn't stay last year due to their refurb. Surroundings are second to none. Room was on the small size. Arrived with a family room booked but our sons bed had not been put up and wouldn't fit into the room! Offered another room which had to be cleaned! So we were told to go to the bar! Not what we wanted having flown for 7 hours! Food was great. Upgraded to club floor which had changed to not allowing children in the bar in an evening! So we used the outside terrace bar which was beautiful apart from we couldn't get the drinks we wanted! Internet connection in the rooms did not work! Reception admitted there was an issue with this since their refurb!! Other than the above. Fantastic holiday

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Sandydarlington
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Sandydarlington,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
I am very sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectation and that you experienced issues with checking into your room as well as with internet.
Notwithstanding, it was nice to read that our associates could upgrade you to the Club floor and that you seem to have had fantastic holidays despite the few issues.
Should you plan another visit, it would certainly be a pleasure to welcome you back.
J Stewart Selbie,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I spent 5 relaxing nights at the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi in a club seaview room. This Hotel is perfectly located to enjoy a relaxing beach holiday while having easy access to central Dubai. It avoids the bad traffic around the marina area where there are a lot of roadworks and a tram line is being constructed.The club rooms give you access to the rooftop club lounge where breakfast is served indoors or outdoors and complementary afternoon tea is available then happy hour drinks from 6-8 pm. There is a wide choice of restaurants on site since the hotel shares the facilities of the neighbouring Westin Hotel. The Bussola Italian restaurant and Hunters steak house were particularly good. The Barasti beach bar is a popular local night spot but can be a little noisy until the early hours at weekends. Not a problem if you want to dance and drink the night away.
There are a wide range of beautifully clean swimming pools to enjoy including adult only areas plus a private beach with boat hire available. All the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to provide information and be helpful. Taxis are readily available on the doorstep and relatively cheap. 50 AED to central Dubai.

Room Tip: Go for a club room with sea view. All the complimentary extras in the club lounge make the extra cos...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Nigel B
Dear Nigel B,
Thank you for giving us your feedback about your stay with us earlier last year.
It is great to read that you enjoyed our Club facilities as well as restaurants, including Bussola and Hunter's Rooms & Grill Steak House located in The Westin Dubai, our sister property.
I am also delighted that you liked our pool and beach facilities and that our associates were as helpful as they seem to have been.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back to the Resort in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just a short review of one of my memorable experiences or highlights here at the Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is the complimentary breakfast at the Latest Recipe. The staff of this restaurant were very accomodating and helpful at first but when it gets busy most of them become to occupied and therefore one of the Coffee and tea that I requested from an Indian server had forgotten about it although at the blink of disappointment, one young gentleman immediately approached us and politely told us is there any problem etc.. and our issue is resolved since the Coffee and tea we requested was brought back by him in a short period of time, forgot the name but he was a Trainee and I am sure about it. Lastly one of my friends mentioned to me that a staff from Latitude protected her from the pesky crows that lurks around outside the premises of the hotel, and for some coincidence it was the same Trainee of whom I knew earlier. Anyways my overall experience is great.. specifically the rooms, facilities, hotel staff, perks & privelages as well as memorable momments that I mentioned earlier that are worth remembering and cherishing to the fullest.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank itsjanice22
West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Returning back for the fifth time here, and now refurbished. My friend and I arrived at about 9am after a 7hr flight from the U.K. Unfortunately there wasn't a room ready but we were taken to the dining room and offered a complementary breakfast. We then changed into swimsuits and sat on the beach. Our room was ready by 12 noon. Everything from start to finish was perfect. The buffet breakfast was excellent with a lot of choice. We sat outside for this. Some of the birds can be a nuisance but I remembered this from previous visits. The answer seems to be not to leave food on your plates, not difficult! We had one evening meal at our hotel and then ate at The Westin, the sister hotel next door. We liked their buffet, such a lot of choice. The staff were lovely at both hotels, so polite and always smiling. Concierge were very helpful. Twice we caught the free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates, and got a taxi back. Can't wait to go back to this hotel again, by far my favourite.

Room Tip: We were on 6th floor with sea view, this was perfect. 1st and 2nd floor have restricted sea view bec...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank helibug
County Clare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Having stayed in Le Meridian in August as part of our honeymoon my husband and I would like to highlight some of the reasons why Le Meridian is worth a visit
1. Beautifully decorated room - clean, spacious, modern, fresh, with beautiful view
2. Situated on the beach and has a beautiful infinity pool
3. Shared facilities with the Westin hotel which means you get the best of both worlds
4. As a honeymoon couple we were treated to honeymoon cake, bottle of wine and decorations on the bed
5. Fantastic and very helpful on site tour advisor
6. ATM on site
7. FANTASTIC breakfast - best I've come across - huge choice and above all tasty
8. Very friendly, polite, accommodating restaurant staff (so sorry I forget their names but they were so friendly they really do deserve a mention)
9. Great half board arrangement although it can be confusing
10. Lovely beach bar

All in all we had a good experience at Le Meridian Mina Seyahi - the only criticism we would make is that reception staff in particular were not as friendly or efficient as staff in other departments. We were on our honeymoon - very excited about being on our honeymoon and being in Dubai but our excitement was not shared by staff. Le Meridian is a nice hotel that has everything one needs but in my opinion it is not a WOW hotel !

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mrs D
Arezzo, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Hi. I stayed in this hotel in october. Beautiful hotel, beautiful amenities and the possibility to go to Westin beach.
The beach are not too big and you can't walk too much
The room are spacious and elegant i had a sea view room. Very nice.
unfortunately this rooms are near al barasti disco and by night there is too much noisy untill late.
This is the only negative post.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mario F
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Dear Customer relations

I am regular business traveller to Australia which generally includes a stopover visit in Dubai.  I usually stay near the airport. Today I visited the marina area which impressed me greatly. I thought this would be a nice area to stay for a longer stopover. I called into  your hotel (accompanied by my wife and daughter) to see for ourselves what your hotel had to offer us in our future stopovers.

It saddens me to report that the reception I got having only walked a few paces accross the lobby was not welcoming or helpful. I was challenged about my presence, I explained I wanted to see your facilities. I was rather taken aback by this inquisition to say the least!

The female who spoke to me told me the facilities were only for in house guests. I decided not justify my reasons for the visit any further than I had already done, thinking this is not an establishment that wants my business and I should not have to justify myself to an over zealous security person.

Staff at hotels in the hospitality bussiness  should treat visitors better. Perhaps the security person was only following orders.  Either way I will not be staying your hotel.

Regards

A Jess

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alistair J
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Alistair J,
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent visit at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi.
I am sorry to hear that you felt like you were not welcome. The issues raised are certainly not reflective of the usual standards of our hotel, as we usually ask day guests to use the Club Mina entrance to enjoy our facilities.
We have contacted you in a private message to resolve the issue.