“Great hotel, excellent value”

Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina
Ranked #78 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
London, UK
“Great hotel, excellent value”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

What a great hotel. Excellent service, free room upgrade on arrival, half board option worked really well. Room was amazing for the money, very luxurious and superb views. Facilities were very good, beach (water was 29.5 degrees!), lots of swimming pools with life guards always on duty. Lots of different restaurants to choose from. Great for couples, kids or business...

Room Tip: Choose a sea facing room for the views and request a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SimonDee
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear SimonDee,
Many thanks for your review of your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your time at the resort and that you liked the views as well as the numerous activities available on the hotel grounds.
We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.
Tolga S Lacin,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed here for 3 days whils on Business in Dubai but did have a fair amount of time in the hotel. Stayed during Ramadan which concerened me before i got there not being able to take on fluids in the extreme heat. There was however no problem as all facilities were available except alcohol.(This was available at night).
The hotel is sat in beautiful grounds with a private beach, all areas were very clean and the service was exceptional, there is an adults only earea with a good pool if you want peace and quite this is in the sister hotel the Westin.
Overall i thouroughly enjoyed my stay one really nice touch was the cold face towels brought around during the day to cool you down. I really liked this hotel and would highly recommend it. One tip to any guest would be if you want to skype or any other VOI you will need to purchase the faster internet package as the complimentary one is far too slow.
I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Bluestellalover06
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 July 2014

What a superb hotel! Could not fault it at all. The breakfast was excellent, the evening meal we had at the Westin next door ( you are able to use all the facilities at the Westin ) was very good. The room very clean with a huge bed! The pool area is huge and very clean. As we had a late flight, they let us use the showers at the gym to freshen up before we left. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Nordickaz,
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience with us and it is always a pleasure to read comments like yours. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as our Heavenly Bed, which is always one of our guests' favourite.
We hope to be able to welcome you again soon in Dubai.
Baughurst, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I judge everything in Dubai by comparing them with JBH and Emirates Towers - and it doesn't quite match up unfortunately

Its one of the older hotels - and I'm not sure that it has kept up with the times

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Steve L
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This was my first stay in Dubai, stayed there for 3 nights in July 2014 during Ramadan.

The staff were very helpful, the room was comfortable and cleanliness was to a high standard. We were on the bed and breakfast rate but were upgraded to receive the AED195/day food allowance. Except for the hiccup on the first night (see below) food was good.

Our booking was mixed up so on arrival we had to accept a room with an extra bed as well as our king size bed - this just made the room feel smaller than it was beacuse of the space the extra bed took up.

Wifi in our room was very poor.

We arrived late afternoon on the first day and by the time we got to the Latest Recepie brasserie about 8.30 pm the remaining buffet food was in very poor condition - much of it unacceptably poor. When we visited the the next night for dinner (arriving at 6.30 opening time it was a complete contrast - the buffet was very good). Breakfast buffets were good.

The hotel pool and surrounds and beach were good, but the (non alcoholic) drinks from the bar there were overpriced.

We paid extra to use the club longe on the 10th floor, this was great - afternoon tea 2.30-4pm and 'sparkling' hour 8-10pm. I really enjoyed this.

Room Tip: Our room on the city side was very good and quiet, I admired the sea view and sunset from the club l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Lyon, France
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really awesome, the service is really friendly, all of the staff are smiling, the room is pretty Nice With a gorgeous view on the Palm ! To finish the breakfast is amazing With a lot of choice !
Only one problem With the AC who was noisy but only one call and the problem was solve ! Thanks

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hubert h
MSeyahi, General Manager at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear hubert h,
Thank you for giving us your feedback about your very recent stay at Le Méridien Mina Seyahi!
I am delighted to hear that you generally enjoyed your stay and especially the view on the Palm Jumeirah.
It is especially nice to hear that all our associates made you feel welcome and at ease, which is something that we always strive for.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back later in the year!
London
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was my 4th stay at Le Meridien Mina Seyahi. The first time I stayed there was over 10 years when there weren't so many luxurious hotels in Dubai. I loved it and went back knowing what to expect. I was also there just before the hotel was refurbed and spent Christmas there with my family. It was still great then and couldn't be faulted. This trip was slightly different though. Firstly, I had emailed the hotel in advance to inform them I was staying there and also wanted to see if the hotel was an option for a family wedding. I received numerous emails from various managers who said they would take care of things and ensure they showed us around. They also said we would be given Club lounge access. However, when we arrived this is what happened:

No one acknowledged my emails and even mentioned the wedding, viewing of the conference rooms or club lounge access! This was not a good start and we knew straight away that this was not a wedding venue option. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:

Hotel is not too big like some other Dubai hotels which makes it more personal. The rooms were lovely and this is probably the only hotel I have stayed at in the world (I am very well travelled) where the lighting in the room was excellent and they had lots of mirrors.....very important when doing make up! The staff would bring round cold towels and free shots of ice drinks in the morning when sat outside. This was important as it was over 40 degrees when I was there in June. Staff are lovely and always willing to help, reception called IT when I had an issue with my iPhone.

There was one morning when I wanted some croissants to take outside. A member of staff refused to give me a container to put them in but then a very nice man brought them to my room.

Hansel who is one of the restaurant managers was very kind and looked after us well.

Cons:

The food was not good at all. As mentioned, I have stayed at this hotel many times and the food selection and quality has certainly gone down. I would actually suggest not going for half board as there are so many other amazing restaurants in Dubai. We could eat at the restaurant at this hotel and also at Westin but neither were great so we then started going out for dinners. Note breakfast at Westin is much better, they don't normally let guests from Mina Seyahi eat breakfast there but Hansel kindly arranged this for us.

The pools were so cold that we couldn't stay in them for long. I know it's hot outside but there is no need to cool the pools down so much! We would go to the sea which was a nice temperature.

The WiFi is not great at all but this is the case with a lot of hotels.

Some people moan about the noise from Barasti....it was loud but we were out til late most nights so it didn't affect us. If anything, people on their speedboats on the weekend was more annoying!

We had a lovely time and always enjoy going to Dubai but if you're used to 5 star luxury, this isn't the hotel for you. If you have never been to Dubai, then I would say you would like this hotel but I have been spoilt by much nicer hotels

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank GR27
Dear GR27,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.
It is nice to read that you have been coming to our resort so many times and that you still enjoy the facilities and the rooms.
I am very sorry to hear that you did not like the food, as well as the temperature of the pools and I assure you the feedback was shared with our team.
Should you plan another visit, it would certainly be a pleasure to welcome you back.