We stayed for 4 nights in November 2009.
- We arrived at 9.30am. At first we were told the earliest our room would be available was 12pm, but by 10.15am we were in our room.
- For both early arrival and late departure we were able to use the health club facilities.
- It's one of the older Dubai hotels, but still has an air of luxury and is impressive.
- Standard room was very spacious and comfortable.
- Excellent beach and pool facilities. Plenty of space on the beach and lawn areas, and facilities shared with The Westin next door. There seemed to be many more loungers than guests. Sea is sheltered, shallow and very safe making it ideal for kids. Pool is not huge, but it is an infinity pool which always rocks, and has a swim-up bar.
- The health club is probably the best I've seen in any hotel in the world...essentially a private health club which happens to be part of a hotel. Plenty of first class equipment, sauna, steam room, plunge pool.
- Our room was on the street-side, and was noisy at night from both traffic, and what I suspect were ventilation units outside. Without our trusty ear plugs, we'd have really struggled to get a good nights sleep.
- Breakfast was not included, and was a staggering 110AED per person (£19). Why do hotels do this? The cost to provide all guests breakfast is minimal, and when you're already paying a small fortune for the room, it's almost insulting to get fleeced for breakfast. That said, quality of breakfast was good.
- We had no need for it, but this is a hotel which charges through the nose for Internet access. Again, the cost to the hotel is virtually zero, so the high charges are unreasonable.
- Main reason for choosing this hotel was price. At the time of booking this was one of the cheapest beachside hotels, yet still £240 per night for a standard room excl. breakfast. Yes, Dubai hotels are expensive, but you can get much better value in other parts of the Middle East and beyond.
- It is true, there is a lot of construction work behind the hotel which creates some background noise, but nothing to spoil your day as some reviews have suggested. If you come to Dubai, you have to expect some construction noise because it's everywhere!
- The location is good. Close to Dubai Marina, Palm Island, golf courses etc. If you're heading to Downtown in the evening, there can be a lot of traffic on Sheikh Zayed Road.
Overall a very pleasant stay and would come here again...but would look for a better deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boasting a 1,200 m sandy beach, Le Meridien Mina Seyahi is located in Jumeirah. This 5-star luxury resort has several swimming pools situated amidst lush gardens and 5 dining and entertainment venues. Featuring a classic chic décor, Le Meridien rooms are air-conditioned. Each room offers free WiFi, a flat-screen TV and a safety deposit box. They all offer panoramic views of the Arabian Gulf or Dubai's skyline. All our sea-facing rooms have recently been sound-proofed in order to ensure our guests have a relaxing stay. Leisure facilities at the Mina Seyahi include a water sports centre and Club Mina fitness centre. Younger guests can enjoy Le Meridien Family Club which offers activities programme, beach games as well as 2 separate and shaded kids' pools. Guests can enjoy a wide range of international classic and hearty dishes at the Latest Recipe. Horizon offers casual snacks and cocktails by the pool. Gourmet by Kcal offers a variety of healthy dishes in an entirely gluten-free kitchen. For more upbeat evening, Barasti Bar offers live entertainment. Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort is a 10-minute drive from Emirates Golf Course. Mall of The Emirates is 8 km from the resort and Dubai International Airport is 31 km away. Mina Seyahi is a great choice for travellers interested in beaches, relaxation and food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort and Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort And Marina Hotel Dubai
- Le Meridien Dubai
- Dubai Le Meridien
- Mina Seyahi
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Dubai
- Le Meridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina