“This place is perfect and in a superb location, does anyone know who runs it now?”
Review of Residence Deira

Residence Deira
Ranked #380 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Lockerbie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I loved staying here two years ago and would love to stay there in the future.

I am aware Le Meridien no longer rents the building but can anyone tell me who now rents it and if they rent the apartments?

I know I could stay at Le Meridien Fairway which would be superb and is extremely well priced with easy access to the metro and offers the same service as The Residences did in regards to using the facilities at Le Meridien Village, but I loved being on the creek, being able to cross the road and goto The Pub in The Radisson, having Ravi's next door and the most fantastic authentic chinese hot pot restaurant two minutes walk away.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Cameron

Room Tip: 1 bedroom suite
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cameron8595

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I first used these appartments on a trip to Dubai shortly after they opened for business. Pleased to report that several years later they look just as good and provide the same quality of service as they did on day one. The location is great, just a short stroll across the road to the dockside and an abras station for a speedy transit across the Creek.

There's parking right outside the main entrance and plenty of landmark hotels in the very near viscinity so you won't get lost or suffer from direction fatigue with taxis who appropriately get confused if you just mention 'Le Meridien'. There are at least six (last count) Le Meridien's in Dubai and the Residence Deira isn't one of them. So if you're making your own way from the airport ensure you have the address written down and rehearse your Arabic dialect in arrivals.

The apartments are all spotless and spacious with decent catering facilities and bathrooms. Beds are comfortable and there's no problem with noise. The views are not what you stay here for - they aren't great - but there's too much to do right outside the door (souks-a-plenty, shopping, strolling by the Creek, visiting merchants houses etc.) to spend time gazing at the lack of view.

If you prefer the Creek to the beach then this is an ideal spot, and if you prefer the beach but don't want beach accommodation prices then this is close enough to provide an economical way of experiencing both.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank timpaws
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We arrived in Dubai after having travelled through Asia and staying at 5 star resorts. We arrived in DubI T 6am and even though check-in wasn't until 1 or 2pm the staff let us check in at 6am. Very friendly and lovely staff, an absolute pleasure to deal with. I honestly enjoyed my 3 nights at this hotel than I did at all the other 5 star resorts we had just stayed in in Asia. Fantastic price, xcellent value and very friendly and helpful staff. The location was perfect for us and the MOST COMFORTABLE BED we've ever had the pleasure to sleep in. Very clean room and more importantly the bed linen was immaculate! I can't wait to return as I will most assuredly be staying here. There's an awesome Indian restaurant 2 minute walk away which we frequented. This is definitely more than a 2 star hotel. Loved it!!! 5 stars from me!

• Stayed October 2009
3 Thank OzOzTravellers
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2010

As a solo traveler; I really enjoyed my stay at residence Deira. For this price; you can't get a better deal. A big appartment overlooking the Dubai creek. The Union square metro station is in 5mins walking distance, which gives you the opportunity to explore the city. Or else take the Big bus (tourist bus). A hop on point is close to the hotel. Another advantage is the possibility to use the facilities at Le Meridien 5-star hotel. You can go for a swim or gym.
The staff at residence Deira was also very helpful and friendly! I will definitely come back.
The only disadvantage I could imagine is the location; however as I said with the metro you can easily travel to the new part of the city; the metro is an attraction in itself! Dubai is amazing!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandermann
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Don't judge this hotel by its exterior...The rooms were shiny clean and modern with a cute little kitchen. I woke up each morning to the call to prayer from the local mosque, which added to the local flavor.

The hotel is located on a busy street, but you can cross safely at a light just a block up the street. The Gold and Spice Souks was about a 10-15 minute walk, and boat rides at sunset and taxis on the creek were available in front of the Radisson Blu Hotel. The Blue line for the hop on/off bus was across the street from the Meridien and the Red line stop was close to the Gold Souk.

I had one of the best meals (of my life) in Dubai at Shabestan, a Persian restaurant at the Radisson Blu. I normally try to eat at local restaurants as opposed to eating at a hotel chain, but the restaurant was highly recommended by my travel book and other tourists. It was definitely a feast fit for a queen (me), and the live music and locals made it a special experience.

The Meridien front desk agents were very efficient and helped me with all of my tourist like questions and directions. There was a computer in the lobby for guest use with a fee. The front desk offered me a late chaeck out (without me asking), since I was moving to the Le Meridien Dar Al Sondos later that day. (You can see my other review). I much prefrred the Le Meridien Residence Deira hotel and location.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank jenjentravels
Auckland
Reviewed 18 June 2010

We had booked some months in advance the intention being a small break after a 7 week Morocco/Greece/Middle Eastern holiday. We were very pleased with both the room and the location of the hotel which is ideally situated a short walk from a Metro Station. There were also supermarkets and other shops in the immediate vicinity. This hotel is excellent value for money and we would not hesitate to recommend it to other like minded budget conscious travellers. We would certainly stay here again and hope to do so in the near future. All staff were very friendly and helpful too - always a plus wherever you stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stormj
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, 26 June 2010
Dear Stormj,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for your feedback, we always strive to deliver guests the highest levels of hospitality and it is very satisfying to know that this is being achieved and commented upon.

Look forward to welcoming you again.

With Kindest Regards,
Residence Deira by Le Méridien
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 June 2010

This was actually our second choice, after the first option wasn’t available for a second night. However, we lucked out, as it provided an excellent base for our two days in Dubai.

A large double ensuite with kitchenette, complete with daily paper, all for just Dh192 (AU$56) per night, after tax & service were added in. Best of all, it was a mere 5 minute stroll to Union Metro station, a real benefit, given that it was 40C outside during our stay.

The bustling main street of Deira (including 24h supermarket) was a few minutes away, and we had an excellent meal at Ravi’s, a stone’s throw from the Residence.

Union Metro is just five stops from Airport Terminal 3, where most Emirates’ flights arrive, so it took less than 15 minutes to get to our hotel.

The only thing missing from the room was dishwashing items – a strange omission, given the selling point of the kitchenette and wi-fi.

We would happily recommend Residence Deira to anyone making a Dubai stopover.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Residence Deira, responded to this review, 8 June 2010
Dear KaleneAndy,

Greetings from Residence Deira by Le Méridien.

Thank you for taking out the time to post a review of your stay experience.

We are delighted to read that you had a nice time during your visit to Dubai and look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit.

With Kindest Regards,