Our annual visit to Le Royal Meridien was different this year...our son decided he didn't want to come with us having just finished his University degree- proud to say he got a First class degree. We'd booked a Tower room and upon arrival were immediately taken to our room on the 8th floor overlooking the pools and with a view of the Burj Al Arab...lovely.
Very quickly we got into holiday mode and enjoyed the spanking new club lounge on the first floor of the tower. A bit disappointing to see that Jagdesh no longer works at the hotel...a very nice man who was brilliant at hosting and managing the lounge....but I suppose people move on . Ariston and a few of the old faces were there which was nice as I firmly believe that it is the staff who work at this hotel who differentiate it from the competition. The staff are amazing and have a "Can do " attitude , clearly intent on making your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
The holiday was truly wonderful ....superb weather and not as humid as previous years...perhaps because we were visiting a bit earlier than usual. Pool staff- Ahmed in particular are great and always take care of us .
We had some lovely meals at the hotel especially at Maya and we had an anniversary dinner at Rhodes 2010 which although a little expensive was superb.
We like to visit restaurants outside of the hotel and in particular we would recommend the following;
Seafire at Atlantis for wonderful steaks
Pai Thai at Al Qasr hotel at Madinat Jumeirah....always nice to arrive at the restaurant by Abra boat - very romantic.
Zheng He's at Mina A Salam- Chinese
Indego at Grosvenor House hotel- delicious Indian food
Toscana at Madinat Jumeirah - Italian
We had a small issue with the hotel towards the end of our stay when (because the hotel isn't anywhere near fully occupied) they decided to do some paint work in a room near ours. The issue was satisfactorily and efficiently sorted by Mark Kirby , the hotel manager.
Thank you again to all the staff at Le Royal Meridien for giving my wife and I such a fantastic holiday- the best ever!
See you next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Destinology, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai