“Spectacular, simply spectacular!”

Ranked #32 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
jilin china
“Spectacular, simply spectacular!”
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I arrived late on a Thursday evening after flying in from Kuwait and was upgraded, but....found that my original booking request for twin beds could not be accommodated so was re-booked into the Tower complex which was spectacular!
Initial check in was efficient and staff were very helpful, but once "issues" emerged, and after a delayed flight and a long, long working day in Kuwait, I was starting to "wilt" so I was very appreciative of the personal attention given to me by......the articulate young man from Ukraine (?) Anatoly (?)....who facilitated my transfer to my new room with such a professional manner.
The room was ...beautiful....clean, spacious and had a balcony where I could sit and view the "traffic" down the Beach strip, but also see the water. Magic! Only in Dubai!
The beach, where I settled next morning, ( and the next morning as well) is divine with attendants jumping to help bring towels and drinks and ...will chat, only if prompted.
Breakfast in the Tower lounge was wonderful, as was check out and....the Lexus to airport topped off the decadent holiday.
I can't say enough about the over the top staff ...and the flowers....that were changed daily....and the spectacular decor.
will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank sallynix
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us, despite the inconvenience you had experienced on arrival with regards to your room preference which was eventually resolved and pleased to hear that our team handled it well.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Pam Wilby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,403)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a brief stopover and frankly I can honesty say I can't fault the hotel in any way. Arrived very early at the hotel and was checked in speedily, room service was speedy and not too pricey, the Piano Bar is a must visit, with lovely ambience. I found the staff to be extremely polite and helpful, from the check-in desk, to the concierge, to the room attendant, to the gentlemen at the entrance, to the staff at the poolside bar....oh all in all I really can't fault the staff in any way. I felt a real personal touch, and was very pleased to be given a selection of fruit on my arrival and the. Subsequently asked which I preferred.
I was disappointed in the size of the room and the bathroom, but the amazing sea view sure made up for it. I found the bed comfortable, with the pillows absolutely divine, in fact probably the best sleep I've had in a hotel for a while. The blackout curtains are effective against the middle eastern sunrise.
The grounds were very well tended and the surroundings were kept immaculately clean. Was fortunate to be there for a late night short but awesome firework display on the hotels private beach. There is a good variety of places to eat, and as the hotel partners with the grosvenor, there is a shuttle service between the both.
A wonderful plus was the card given to you if they call a taxi for you, which gives them a record of which taxi you were in, in case of any loss.. A wonderful idea and something I appreciate having left something behind in a Dubai cab..
There was some construction going on, but it didn't affect my own stay personally. All in all a pleasant stay, a slightly larger room would have sealed the deal, notwithstanding, I would stay here again and again ..
Location wise I can't say much about as I took taxis everywhere, but the Emirates mall is about a 10minute ride.

Room Tip: Sea view a must
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are glad to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and that our team really looked after you from the moment you arrived throughout the stay.

Please be assured that your feedback both positive and constructive is of immense value to us as it enables us to continuously understand the level of our guest satisfaction as well as to constantly review and improve our service and product offerings.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Radlett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Our only recent stay in Dubai was at the Dar Al Masyaf at Madinat Jumeirah - rated 1/469 (see my review 'Serendipity through TripAdvisor', January 2012)

Regrettably, we found this would be too expensive for an 8-day stay, and chose Le Royal Meridien (7/469) instead, with a little expectation of disappointment, and so, inevitably when we arrived we started to make comparisons.

The Dar Al Masyaf is quite special in my experience, and nothing matches it for its unique style with not only the magnificence of the design, but particularly the use of the waterways to travel from room to main hotel and the restaurants. But the Meridien, by comparison is a far more 'standard' style of hotel being almost 20 years old. However this has a particular benefit in that it was built when the land was presumably at less of a premium, consequently the plot on which it stands is probably far larger than more recent buildings, and so it offers extremely attractive, extensive and spacious gardens, and several lovely pools, as well as a large stretch of beach.

Although not in the commonly recommended Tower block, we were extremely satisfied with the 'De Luxe Sea View' room, which was spacious with a relaxing balcony.

We were lucky to have found a deal offering Half Board. This gave us use of the Brasserie for breakfast and dinner every day together with a 150 Dirham per person discount off the price of the other restaurants if we chose to use them. In the event, we found them to be fairly expensive (one person quoted having had a simple meal at the equivalent of £70pp (US$ 115) plus drinks) and we were extremely satisfied with the selection, variety and standard of the Brasserie food, and so we only used that one restaurant for the entire week! The night that we tried the Italian restaurant there was only one other table occupied, therefore no atmosphere, so we left.

The staff are charming and thoroughly keen to help with anything. The first person I asked why she was always smiling was a waitress: 'Because I love my work', she replied. This attitude is a great asset in any hotel.

So the comparison? I do not believe that there are restaurants within the Dar al Masyaf, apart from the buffet; one needs to go out to find a different one (of 40 or so) for meals. whilst the Meridien has 5 or 6 on site. Therefore, apart from the opulence of the Dar surroundings, the Meridien has a more homely and comfortable atmosphere with excellent facilities. We would happily go again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Paulkann
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us at Le Royal Meridien and were pleased with the service and facilities we have on offer at the hotel.

It is nice to note that you liked the room allocated to you and also enjoyed your breakfast and dining experience at the Brasserie restaurant. All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future.

Bedford, England
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We are just coming to the end of another fabulous 2 week stay at this wonderful hotel. We decided on a suite this time, mainly for space as we have our teenage daughter in tow. This proved to be a really good decision as there was plenty of room for a more comfortable stay than in the standard size rooms we have stayed in before.( not to mention big glass windows that offer a fantastic view of the beach and resort- even whilst in the bath!) I cannot say enough good things about the way this hotel looks after their guests.The staff set it apart from anywhere else we have ever visited. If you want to be treated with the utmost care and respect, but also enjoy a friendly and welcoming atmosphere then this is the hotel for you!! I note there are some comments in previous reviews that mention the need for a bit of renovation may be needed here or there. True, this may not be the most modern hotel in Dubai but I guarantee it is the one who will look after you the best and make you feel like you are 'coming home' each time you visit. The selection of restaurants is great, with easy access to the JBR walk and a short taxi drive away from The Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Mall. We have been coming here now for 10 years and would not consider staying anywhere else. Thank you for another fabulous holiday!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Melanie S
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
First and foremost, we would like to thank you for being a loyal guest to the hotel and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

We are truly delighted to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable holiday with us once again.

It is a pleasure to note that you were pleased with the service of our associates and that the team really looked after you throughout the stay in every occasion. Please may I mention that customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is gratifying to receive such praise.

All your kind comments are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you all as our guests.

Thank you once again, for your continued support to us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family in a not too distant future.

United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Just returned from a week stay at this lovely hotel. We had a room in the new block which was very spacious, shame we didn't have a sea view though. The only complaint in the room was the bed, far too hard and the pillows too soft so not much sleep was had. The grounds were beautifully well kept and plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for all. Staff are constantly checking you are ok and bringing cold flannels to cool you down. Had half board the food was good but not brilliant and drinks very expensive. On the first few nights of our stay we found it very lively in the Maya bar but after that it was very quiet with no atmosphere, possibly this was due to the time of year. Ate in twenty 10 which was very good but very expensive, the buffet was ok but food got cold by the time you got back to your table. A bus is laid on by the hotel to take you to the Emirates mall. Overall the holiday was very relaxing and the staff were excellent.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Donlor1
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the service and facilities available at the hotel.

We have noted your various comments and please be assured that you feedback is of immense value to us and has been shared to the concerned managers and the team accordingly for further review.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

The grounds are just unbelievable...this is a perfect place for a nice get-away, alone, with friends, as a couple, or family. It is suitable to all. Nice facilities, friendly staff, something for kids, and amazing food.

Room Tip: overlooking the beach or pool
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your overall stay with us and were pleased with the facilities we have on offer.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Birmingham
Reviewed 21 March 2014

This was our 6th year to LRM, It is usually a treat for me & mom to spend some quality time together in luxury, my husband has never fancied Dubai even though we rave about it all the time, then last year after a short illness & having to miss a booked holiday he decided to tag onto our holiday (at the cost of an arm and leg for single occupancy) He loved every minute of it & couldn’t fault the hotel & loved Dubai, it was just the medicine he needed!!
We were fortunate to be upgraded to the tower which gave us afternoon tea & nibbles which we didn't really use as we wanted to make the most of the sun but we did love the 2 hours in the evening for drinks & canapés, I became addicted to their Cosmopolitan cocktails.
We have booked to return in November again – husband in tow!!
Fingers crossed for an upgrade again
If you’re thinking of booking LRM don’t hesitate it & it's staff are wonderful

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MPOV
Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

Being a regular guest at the hotel, we are glad to hear that you and your family had once again enjoyed your overall experience with us at Le Royal Meridien.

It is nice to note that you were pleased with the room allocated to you as well as the benefit of the Royal Club Lounge.

All your kind comments are truly appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.