“The Best Hotel in the World”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #26 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“The Best Hotel in the World”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a professional speaker I travel and stay in over 500 hotels around the world. The Le Royal Meridien remains my favourite.
When I return and think that the service can't get better, it does. This hotel has the best management and staff at any hotel I have been to.
The rooms are large and all have a sea view. There are 3 pools, all excellent and a great beach. The restaurants are excellent and a fantastic spread at breakfast. Free internet is a definite plus and it is fast....
I was amazed when Roy the Butler recognized me and remembered my name, he is marvelous.
This hotel has created the 'sticky' factor, I will come here every time I am in Dubai.

Room Tip: Try to get into the Club Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor.

As a well-traveled guest, it is a pleasure to know that our hotel remains to be your favorite and glad that you are extremely pleased once again with your stay.

Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates as well as the hotel facilities is much appreciated. We certainly do strive to deliver highest standard of personalized customer service to all our guests and it is always encouraging to receive such praise.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Pam Wilby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,341)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Got this hotel at a great price and as such wasn't expecting a lot. Got upgraded when we arrived. rooms were amazing all staff looked after you as if you were royality. a special mention to our cleaner Robert he was so polite and helpful and also Charlie who went above and beyond to get us information on activities happening all along the beach.
Cant rate this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: we ordered a triple room but it appears they do not have triple rooms, the roll out bed wasn't t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann-Marie P
Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Le Royal Meridien.

We are delighted to read from your comments that you had enjoyed your holiday at the resort and were pleased with the exceptional service provided by our associates.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.

Aylesbury
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I didn't really want to share this review as too many people will book.!! I cannot say one bad thing about this amazing hotel from the excellent friendly staff to the amazing rooms and food. We've never been to Dubai before and we loved it! This hotel is out of this world, we were greeted and within 10 mins shown to our upgraded room in the Club Tower, it was my husbands 50th and were were given a newly refurbished supierior suite, which had a lounge area, a huge bathroom, 2 flat screen televisions and a sea view. They arrived with a birthday cake and champagne. We had half board and the food was amazing we went to the the new Gelaes restaurant which is seafood and the service and quality of food was amazing. We also went to Shades the sports bar and the main buffet restaraunt. The hotel is immaculate always being cleaned and the pool and beach areas are also spotless, we were given cold flannels, cold body sprays and small ice cold slush around the pool and beach area everyday, lovely touch!. It was really hot everday about 43 the sea was also hot! We were told it gets even hotter July/August upto 51+, I can't imagine what that would be like! I love the heat but have never experieced heat like Dubai heat!
We met a lovely helpful barman called "Santhosh" who looked after us, his customer service was exceptional and I will writing personally to the hotel to express how pleased we were with his service and help.
You must go on the the Boat trip run by the Al Boom Marine Services, the guys were great and it was only only 150 D each for about 1 hour 15 mins and well worth seeing a bit more of Dubai by sea, the boat goes really fast at points it was great, we saw The Atlantis Hotel and the private houses of the rich and famous like David Beckhams private house!, it went around The Palms and around the Marina, lots of great photo oppotunites. If I go back I want to do this trip again.

I loved this hotel and i will be going back around November!
Hope it stays exactly how it is!

Room Tip: Club Tower
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LAURA L
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday at Le Royal Meridien.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us at the resort on your first visit to Dubai celebrating your husband’s special birthday.

It is a pleasure to know that you were delighted with the exceptional service of our associates as well as enjoyed our diverse restaurant offerings particularly Geales, Shades, and Brasserie. It is always rewarding to know that our guests had an amazing experience with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this resort and it just wasn't up to scratch for myself and my husband.
Firstly, the amount of birds they have making noise and flying everywhere, sitting in trees, drinking from the pool and everwhere you look theres birds on sun loungers and just surrounding the pool/ lounger area. The amount of birds areound the pool area often made me want to leave the pool area early.
Also, we have always stayed in JBH which is a much better standard of hotel and when you arrive at the pool area they find you a bed and lay your towels on your bed for you which is a nice service. This hotel doesnt do that and if the pool area is packed which it always was by 12pm then you have to get a sun lounger on the grass area which isnt in the view of any of the three pools.
The beach we went to once, I didnt like the beach as the sand was cobbly and the loungers were placed no where near the actual sea and the sand was too hot to keep walking across the whole beach to get to the sea. The beach area, I found was very poor.
The breakfast was awful, the buffet is mor elike a 3 star buffet. I used to go down for breakfast at 10am or 9:45am and was often told there arent any tables and they would try and put you in a different restaurant (smaller buffet and even worst) or you will have to wait for a table but with breakfast closing at 10:30am I found it frustrating to have to wait for a table.
The list of faults I found with this hotel can go on and on but all in all I would never return.
We had a free upgrade to a recently refurbished room which was a lovely room, however being in Dubai it would of been nice for the room to feel like your in Dubai and have some arabic decoration to the room but there is nothing like that, no character.
The club lounge - what a rip off that is !!!! All that the club lounge serve is a selection of 6 mini cakes which are tiny and the waiter has to serve for you as there behind a counter so it's not like you can serve yourself. More selection of food is definately needed for the club liunge, perhaps this hotel should have a look at the jumeirah beach hotel or Mina Salam's hotel club lounges cause this a 2star compared to those hotels.
The Dubai Tram line is also being built at the minute so I would not advise getting a taxi to places like Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates or anywhere really due to the amount of traffic everywhere...a taxi back to the hotel from Mall of Emirates cost 62.00 AED in the evening and we sat is traffic for 55mins for what should have been a 15 min journey.

The staff are really helpful at this hotel, thats the only good thing I can say really.

I would not return nor recommend, only because I have stayed in much better hotels in Dubai.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jade S
GHLRM, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

Please be assured that we treat all our guest feedback with the utmost importance and having read your review, we are concerned to read your comments.

Therefore, it would be very much appreciated if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally. With this in mind, may I kindly request you to contact us directly on guestservices.leroyalmeridien@lemeridien.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Kirby
Hotel Manager
Reviewed 15 June 2014

After being back from the LRM for a month now, I have finally got around to add my comments on our holiday. My wife and I arrived for a 10 nights stay to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.
Best at travel who we always book with, had informed the hotel of this and we were upgraded to a suite with already requested seaview and overlooking Skydive Dubai.
We were supplied with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries , a large bowl of mixed fruit and lots of water.
This was our 4th time at LRM, and it keeps getting better.We were on the half board option and had no problem whatsoever with what was or was not included.
As a Disabled traveller it is always interesting how I am treated on our holidays,the staff were excellent, especially when I fell on an outside slippy surface, calling the paramedic and checking with telephone calls over the next 2 days that all was well.
Special thanks go to the following people,Umesh and Vijitha,for making my wife and I comfortable at the Infinity pool every day and the pool lifeguards always seemed close at hand when I was getting in and out of the pool.Yousef and the waiters at the pool. Charlie Sampath,Cardozo,Ernie and Alex, main pool bar, who make great Caiperoska's,(refreshing but dangerous as they go down too easily after a day in the sun).Shabir of security. Brandon and John at the Brasserie restaurant, Ruwan at Maya's, The staff of Geales,especially Mr Edson who kindly organised a meal at Rhodes 2010 where we celebrated our anniversary and also came to congratulate us on the night.(At Rhodes our table was decorated with stars and rose petals, we did not have dessert but was supplied with a happy anniversary plate with jellies and small cakes on it and also a bouquet of roses.) Julia on restaurant reservations who was always smiling.Mehran for keeping our suite clean.Eddy in the front lobby area for being extremely helpful.
Ritesh, Meneka and Ali and Mark Kirby, hotel manager, who came to speak to us reference disabled accessibility to certain area's of the hotel.
Apologies if any names have been mis-spelt or we have missed anyone.
The last night of our stay we got back to our room to find another bottle of fizz had been supplied. We had a great holiday and look forward to returning in October.

Room Tip: Seaview room, where you can sit out on your balcony and admire the view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael M
Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us on holiday celebrating your wedding anniversary and your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates is much appreciated, which will be shared with the team. We certainly make every effort to deliver highest standards of customer service and it is always encouraging to receive such compliments and commends.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I decided to visit the Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa after 9 years again having been there in 2005. I was not disappointed after my stay :D

Many things have changed but overall, you still recognize the original hotel. But of course, everything around has changed/grown unbelievably - like everywhere else in Dubai.

Pros:
- I arrived with an overnight flight from Shanghai at around 0550am in the Hotel. I was absolutely not expecting being allowed to check-in and being given a room. However, having completed all formalities and having been welcomed on a very warmly basis, I was given a room around 0630am. That is more than usual service.
- All the employees around the check-in/reception area were very kind and friendly. Suddenly, everybody knew already my name. This indicates that the hotel trains its staff with success.
- The room was an old one in the main building on the 8th floor. Besides the carpet needs an exchange, everything was very nice, clean and welcoming. I had an amazing sea-view similar to 9 years ago although now including the palm-view.
- The breakfast is still outstanding in variety and quality, well done.
- I once had my dinner at Al Khaima. Whilst the dinner was ok, the price for what you actually get is from my point of view a bit hefty. I do not mind to pay a bit more compared when eating in a local restaurant, but then the food has to convince me also. From my point of view, one is better off using the room service and having a nice mezzeh dinner on the balcony which I did.
- The beach area is superb and - as I visited Dubai during low season - I had plenty of space and I could always decide where to relax. The staff is again very attentive and you can order drinks/food whenever you like.
- One of my favourites was the gym. It is very well equipped and all the machines are state-of-the-art. I also would like to emphasize that you can use the gym 24/7 which is fabolous.

Cons: (I already discussed with the GM personally before I wrote this here)
- I contacted the business centre/costumer service to book a flight for me to Iran during my stay. I had to chase them three times until they responded - that is not what I expect from a business centre. Finally, they gave me the necessary information on how to go the airline's ticketing office. Unfortunately, they told me wrong opening hours so that I ended up waiting 40 mins in front of the office until it opened.
- I always use the same taxi driver when I am in Dubai. He knows my name and knows always exactly where I'm staying. When he called the reception to pick me up on the day of my flight to Iran, it seems that the reception disregarded this call and did not call me up in my room that he was waiting for me. I do not call this service.
- There are quite a lot of cats strolling around in the resort. They also come to the breakfast/dinner facilities. I was a bit shocked as I am not used to it in other resorts in Asia/Africa. However, the GM assured that all the cats have the necessary injections and an veterenariy officer looks after them.

Overall, I had an amazing stay again at the resort and I will definitively come back again - hope it does not take 9 years again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Le Royal Meridien.

It was a pleasure meeting you personally prior to your departure to discuss your feedback and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us despite a few shortfalls.

Thank you once again for sharing your comments and we look forward to welcome you back at the resort in the not too distant future.

Mark Kirby
Hotel Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked in here for a weekend with a girlfriend, I had a 4 month old baby and needed a break. The Royal Meridien is really a best kept secrte, i live in Dubai and hadn't relised how great it is.

we were upgraded to the royal tower so had an amzing room with lots of ncie touches like fruit basket etc. all the staff are super friendly and jumeirah standard. the sports bar was great and gary rhodes restaurant is just the best in town.

overall amazing weekend off mummy duties!

Room Tip: ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your overall stay at Le Royal Meridien and glad that you had a relaxing weekend at the resort

It is also nice to note that you were extremely pleased with the service of our associates as well as very much enjoyed your dining experience at Shades and Rhodes Twenty10.

Thank you once again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.