Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
6,640 results
All reviewstower roomclub toweral khaimagary rhodesclub roompenguin clubmain buildingpiano barsea viewhalf boardcold towelsafternoon teabuilding workgrosvenor housesister hotelbottle of champagnepre dinner drinks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As a professional speaker I travel and stay in over 500 hotels around the world. The Le Royal Meridien remains my favourite.
When I return and think that the service can't get better, it does. This hotel has the best management and staff at any hotel I have been to.
The rooms are large and all have a sea view. There are 3 pools, all excellent and a great beach. The restaurants are excellent and a fantastic spread at breakfast. Free internet is a definite plus and it is fast....
I was amazed when Roy the Butler recognized me and remembered my name, he is marvelous.
This hotel has created the 'sticky' factor, I will come here every time I am in Dubai.

Room Tip: Try to get into the Club Tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien on Trip Advisor.

As a well-traveled guest, it is a pleasure to know that our hotel remains to be your favorite and glad that you are extremely pleased once again with your stay.

Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates as well as the hotel facilities is much appreciated. We certainly do strive to deliver highest standard of personalized customer service to all our guests and it is always encouraging to receive such praise.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Got this hotel at a great price and as such wasn't expecting a lot. Got upgraded when we arrived. rooms were amazing all staff looked after you as if you were royality. a special mention to our cleaner Robert he was so polite and helpful and also Charlie who went above and beyond to get us information on activities happening all along the beach.
Cant rate this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: we ordered a triple room but it appears they do not have triple rooms, the roll out bed wasn't to bad. club lounge upgrade is fantastic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann-Marie P

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your visit to Le Royal Meridien.

We are delighted to read from your comments that you had enjoyed your holiday at the resort and were pleased with the exceptional service provided by our associates.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I didn't really want to share this review as too many people will book.!! I cannot say one bad thing about this amazing hotel from the excellent friendly staff to the amazing rooms and food. We've never been to Dubai before and we loved it! This hotel is out of this world, we were greeted and within 10 mins shown to our upgraded room in the Club Tower, it was my husbands 50th and were were given a newly refurbished supierior suite, which had a lounge area, a huge bathroom, 2 flat screen televisions and a sea view. They arrived with a birthday cake and champagne. We had half board and the food was amazing we went to the the new Gelaes restaurant which is seafood and the service and quality of food was amazing. We also went to Shades the sports bar and the main buffet restaraunt. The hotel is immaculate always being cleaned and the pool and beach areas are also spotless, we were given cold flannels, cold body sprays and small ice cold slush around the pool and beach area everyday, lovely touch!. It was really hot everday about 43 the sea was also hot! We were told it gets even hotter July/August upto 51+, I can't imagine what that would be like! I love the heat but have never experieced heat like Dubai heat!
We met a lovely helpful barman called "Santhosh" who looked after us, his customer service was exceptional and I will writing personally to the hotel to express how pleased we were with his service and help.
You must go on the the Boat trip run by the Al Boom Marine Services, the guys were great and it was only only 150 D each for about 1 hour 15 mins and well worth seeing a bit more of Dubai by sea, the boat goes really fast at points it was great, we saw The Atlantis Hotel and the private houses of the rich and famous like David Beckhams private house!, it went around The Palms and around the Marina, lots of great photo oppotunites. If I go back I want to do this trip again.

I loved this hotel and i will be going back around November!
Hope it stays exactly how it is!

Room Tip: Club Tower
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAURA L
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor following your recent holiday at Le Royal Meridien.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us at the resort on your first visit to Dubai celebrating your husband’s special birthday.

It is a pleasure to know that you were delighted with the exceptional service of our associates as well as enjoyed our diverse restaurant offerings particularly Geales, Shades, and Brasserie. It is always rewarding to know that our guests had an amazing experience with us.

Thank you once again for sharing your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests soon.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a 7 night stay at this resort and it just wasn't up to scratch for myself and my husband.
Firstly, the amount of birds they have making noise and flying everywhere, sitting in trees, drinking from the pool and everwhere you look theres birds on sun loungers and just surrounding the pool/ lounger area. The amount of birds areound the pool area often made me want to leave the pool area early.
Also, we have always stayed in JBH which is a much better standard of hotel and when you arrive at the pool area they find you a bed and lay your towels on your bed for you which is a nice service. This hotel doesnt do that and if the pool area is packed which it always was by 12pm then you have to get a sun lounger on the grass area which isnt in the view of any of the three pools.
The beach we went to once, I didnt like the beach as the sand was cobbly and the loungers were placed no where near the actual sea and the sand was too hot to keep walking across the whole beach to get to the sea. The beach area, I found was very poor.
The breakfast was awful, the buffet is mor elike a 3 star buffet. I used to go down for breakfast at 10am or 9:45am and was often told there arent any tables and they would try and put you in a different restaurant (smaller buffet and even worst) or you will have to wait for a table but with breakfast closing at 10:30am I found it frustrating to have to wait for a table.
The list of faults I found with this hotel can go on and on but all in all I would never return.
We had a free upgrade to a recently refurbished room which was a lovely room, however being in Dubai it would of been nice for the room to feel like your in Dubai and have some arabic decoration to the room but there is nothing like that, no character.
The club lounge - what a rip off that is !!!! All that the club lounge serve is a selection of 6 mini cakes which are tiny and the waiter has to serve for you as there behind a counter so it's not like you can serve yourself. More selection of food is definately needed for the club liunge, perhaps this hotel should have a look at the jumeirah beach hotel or Mina Salam's hotel club lounges cause this a 2star compared to those hotels.
The Dubai Tram line is also being built at the minute so I would not advise getting a taxi to places like Dubai Mall, Mall of Emirates or anywhere really due to the amount of traffic everywhere...a taxi back to the hotel from Mall of Emirates cost 62.00 AED in the evening and we sat is traffic for 55mins for what should have been a 15 min journey.

The staff are really helpful at this hotel, thats the only good thing I can say really.

I would not return nor recommend, only because I have stayed in much better hotels in Dubai.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jade S
GHLRM, Hotel Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

Please be assured that we treat all our guest feedback with the utmost importance and having read your review, we are concerned to read your comments.

Therefore, it would be very much appreciated if we can have the opportunity to speak to you personally. With this in mind, may I kindly request you to contact us directly on guestservices.leroyalmeridien@lemeridien.com

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Kirby
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 15 June 2014

After being back from the LRM for a month now, I have finally got around to add my comments on our holiday. My wife and I arrived for a 10 nights stay to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.
Best at travel who we always book with, had informed the hotel of this and we were upgraded to a suite with already requested seaview and overlooking Skydive Dubai.
We were supplied with a bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries , a large bowl of mixed fruit and lots of water.
This was our 4th time at LRM, and it keeps getting better.We were on the half board option and had no problem whatsoever with what was or was not included.
As a Disabled traveller it is always interesting how I am treated on our holidays,the staff were excellent, especially when I fell on an outside slippy surface, calling the paramedic and checking with telephone calls over the next 2 days that all was well.
Special thanks go to the following people,Umesh and Vijitha,for making my wife and I comfortable at the Infinity pool every day and the pool lifeguards always seemed close at hand when I was getting in and out of the pool.Yousef and the waiters at the pool. Charlie Sampath,Cardozo,Ernie and Alex, main pool bar, who make great Caiperoska's,(refreshing but dangerous as they go down too easily after a day in the sun).Shabir of security. Brandon and John at the Brasserie restaurant, Ruwan at Maya's, The staff of Geales,especially Mr Edson who kindly organised a meal at Rhodes 2010 where we celebrated our anniversary and also came to congratulate us on the night.(At Rhodes our table was decorated with stars and rose petals, we did not have dessert but was supplied with a happy anniversary plate with jellies and small cakes on it and also a bouquet of roses.) Julia on restaurant reservations who was always smiling.Mehran for keeping our suite clean.Eddy in the front lobby area for being extremely helpful.
Ritesh, Meneka and Ali and Mark Kirby, hotel manager, who came to speak to us reference disabled accessibility to certain area's of the hotel.
Apologies if any names have been mis-spelt or we have missed anyone.
The last night of our stay we got back to our room to find another bottle of fizz had been supplied. We had a great holiday and look forward to returning in October.

Room Tip: Seaview room, where you can sit out on your balcony and admire the view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael M

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us on holiday celebrating your wedding anniversary and your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates is much appreciated, which will be shared with the team. We certainly make every effort to deliver highest standards of customer service and it is always encouraging to receive such compliments and commends.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.