“It just gets better and better”

Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have just returned from my third stay at Le Royal Meridien and it just continues to impress. The standards which it sets are so high and every member of staff works tirelessly not only to attain them, but to exceed them. It is hard to pick out individual members of staff, but I think Ganesh and Sonia from the Main Reception are worthy of high praise.

I visited for my 30th Birthday as I wanted it to be a special occasion. We received a warm welcome upon arrival and whilst we did not expect the room to be ready at 0830hrs, we were offered breakfast in the Brasserie and provided with towel cards so we could take full advantage of the pools and gardens. Whilst having breakfast two members of staff approached me and said how nice it was to see me back.

There was a slight problem with the room, but this was resolved extremely professionally and with minimal inconvenience. The room we got, a Superior Room, which had been recently refurbished was worth the wait. It had everything and possibly the most comfortable bed ever. Every aspect of what a guest might expect from a bedroom in such a hotel had been considered and as ever, the Housekeeping team kept the room spotless. I asked for some extra bottles of water on the first night and they appeared almost immediately.

The new addition of Geales was really enjoyable and it was nice to eat breakfast in Ossigeno, as well as take a light Afternoon Tea there. The tea and coffee bar in the Reception area of the tower is an escellent addition and was greatly appreciated.

It was nice to experience, Al Khaima and Al Murjan again, both of which were as good as ever. On this trip, I also had a treatment at the Caracalla Spa - taking advantage of the Early Bird Offer. This was a great way to start my birthday! The birthday cake and champagne from the hotel helped to round off what was a great day.

In my opinion, customers and residents always judge hotels on attention to detail and this is where Le Royal Meridien succeeds. Whilst chatting to residents in the pool one day who were staying for the first time, they observed that it was the little things and the attention to detail which made the difference between a good hotel and an excellent hotel. This is so true.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and really cannot find fault with my recent stay. On leaving the hotel on Sunday evening, a member of staff said 'See you again, soon'. I replied, without hesitation, 'Yes. you will' and I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Go for the Superior Rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

As our repeat guests, we are pleased that you had chosen to stay at the resort celebrating your birthday and glad that you felt special and pampered throughout your holiday.

It is also nice to know that you were extremely delighted with the service of our associates as well as the hotel facilities and very much enjoyed your dining experience with the selection of restaurants we have on offer. Your kind comments are very much valued

Thank you once again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests soon.

Pam Wilby

Write a ReviewReviews (6,351)

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have just returned from a 1 week honeymoon and cannot praise the hotel enough. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff simply cannot do enough for you. The grounds to the hotel are immaculate and there are gardeners constantly working to keep them in the condition they are. During our stay we ate at Geals, Rhodes 10, Toro Toro and had Friday brunch at Maya. Every restaurant was very different but of equal quality with the Friday brunch at Maya being an absolute must. Because it was our honeymoon the hotel made real efforts to make us feel special. In Geals the chef came out to meet us then sent out 2 deserts on the house. Rhodes Grill sent out a free desert and also presented my wife with a bunch of red roses, a lovely touch which really makes you feel special. I have already told friends and family about this hotel and we will certainly be back again soon to treat ourselves to the luxury this hotel provides. The manager was also visible around the hotel and he always stopped to have a chat and ask how things were going which is something you don't often see. To summerise it can be no coinsidence that practicaly every guest we met were returning to the hotel and had stayed there many times before. That in itself speaks volumes for the hotel and all the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for sharing review of your holiday on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted that you had chosen to stay with us at Le Royal Meridien on your honeymoon and pleased to hear that you felt special and pampered as honeymooners throughout your stay with us.

We certainly do strive to deliver the highest standard of personalized customer service and it is always encouraging to receive such praise.

Thank you one again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Our trip to Dubai was made more memorable due this fantastic hotel. Chosen by the feedback on TripAdvisor but proved to be better than we had anticipated. Friendly staff, immaculate hotel & grounds along with some great restaurants. Loved the new Geales restaurant and found Shades very chilling due to the great cocktails. Would I go back....without a doubt.

Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Gaynor L

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your visit to Le Royal Meridien Dubai and glad that you had a memorable holiday with your stay at the resort.

It is also nice to note that you were pleased with the service of our associates as well as your dining experience in Geales and Shades, and do thank you for your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

It was an absolute treat to stay at this hotel. I don't ordinarily write reviews, so things MUST impress me to take the time to do this! From the onset, the reception was excellent- Ganesh looked after us personally. His manner was charming and we had the most excellent room. It was also my birthday, and the staff brought me a lovely bowl of fruit and a bottle of sparking wine, as well as a cake. All touches that made me feel very special. The service was beyond 5 star. I have travelled extensively with my husband and children, in every continent and this has been my favourite hotel experience by far. Why? The staff! NOTHING was too much trouble, and I will definitely be returning. Please book - you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leanne B

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Le Royal Meridien.

We are pleased that you had chosen to stay with us at the resort celebrating your birthday and glad that you had an excellent holiday.

Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates is much appreciated. It is always rewarding to know that our guests very much enjoyed their stay, especially with the customer care experienced.

Thank you once again for sharing your thoughtful comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just returned last night from 8 nights staying in the Tower Building. As usual the staff, grounds and food are just wonderful. No place like it. However I have a couple of questions/queries for Ms Wilby (Manager).

1. The Main and Club rooms have been recently refurbished - are you planning to do the same to the Tower Rooms - the Level 1 restaurant/bar area has been done - but the rest of the building is looking its age now. We had a suite and the carpets etc are looking "tired". Any plans? It might be a good opportunity to do it now while the "walk" is having building work done just now (we were facing that way and the view and noise wasn't the best).

2. There is complimentary drinks/snacks in the bar between 6-8pm however as I was with my 2 year old son (not old enough to go to your penguin club) I could not take advantage of this unless I sat by myself which isn't the best when your on holiday. This seems unfair - could families in this same situation (they are others we are aware off) be given complimentary drinks in the room instead? We have paid for the same service (infact more as we booked a suite) but are not getting the same as others. I have highlighted this fact to Ms Wilby before and she indicated the penguin club but my son is too young. I think something needs to be offered to families in this situation. After speaking to others who went, the bar is extremely busy (for obvious reasons) however the service is very slow and drinks take up to 20 minutes to be delivered. Possibly more staff should be on duty for that service?

Apart from all that (just a couple of moans!) - the hotel is great - already planning my return trip (my 6th!)

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool - there is huge building works facing the "Walk" area on th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GHLRM, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us and we are glad that you had another great time on your holiday at Le Royal Meridien.

It is a pleasure to know that as returning guests you continue to enjoy your visits to the hotel and do thank you for taking the time to share with us your thoughts and comments.

With regards to your questions and queries, we would be pleased to clarify as requested and would appreciate if you could please contact us directly on guestservices.leroyalmeridien@lemeridien.com

We look forward to hearing from you and being in touch with you personally.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

If you are looking for a beach holiday on a Dubai budget you can't go wrong staying here. The grounds are gorgeous, the service is good and the ocean is great for swimming. We had a few communication failures and one service failure in our week but the management at the hotel ensured suitable amends were made. Dubai is an expensive place and this resort offers very good value for money. As reviewer Jade mentioned previously there are birds but we are beach people not pool people so it didn't bother us. You get what you pay for...last month we paid between 4 and 500 per night with an upgrade to the club tower due to starwoods platinum status. If you want to spend 900 a night at the Westin Mina Seyahi you'll probably have better perks and more refined service. Just know what you're doing and you'll have a lovely stay.

1  Thank JK1975_11

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your holiday at Le Royal Meridien.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your family at the resort and we are delighted to know that you had an enjoyable experience albeit the minor inconvenience you had encountered which was resolved to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived around midnight at Dubai airport and were picked up by the hotels LEXUS and taken to the hotel, where a very friendly lady in the reception upgraded us to a very nice room with oceanview. The hotel is very quiet, no traffic and not any newbuilding going on, disturbing our sleep. Nice garden and beach. Very friendly staff working at the hotel. The mainrestaurant had a new meny every evening and the head waiter was extremely professional and nice to us.
Always taxi's ready outside the hotel and very short distances to shopping malls.
We will for sure travel back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front and on the east side have better view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Your acknowledgement of the service of our associates as well as the hotel facilities is very much appreciated and glad that you had an enjoyable experience at the resort.

We look forward to look after you again on your return to Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai.

Pam WIlby