I have just returned from my fourth stay at Le Royal Meridien. Every year I think I should perhaps try somewhere new but I always come back to this gem of a hotel. Perhaps it may be thought of as a bit of a 'grande dame' when compared to the many brand spanking new and much more contemporary hotels which are popping up all over Dubai but I have to say, there is something about Le Royal Meridien which sets it apart. For me, it's the perfect choice.
This time, I stayed in a deluxe sea-facing room on the 8th floor of the main building. I had a wonderful view and could enjoy the late evening sunshine sitting on my balcony. The facilities in the room were excellent and the housekeeping service, though a little erratic at times, was generally good.
The hotel grounds are absolutely beautiful and very extensive. It's a delight to be able to sunbathe on grass and under palm trees right next to one of the three swimming pools. And for those who prefer sand under their feet, the beach is right on the doorstep... though it is a bit of a trek to get to the sea, especially in the searing heat (it was 42 degrees there yesterday!).
The big advantage of the beach is that it gets you away from the constant cawing of the numerous crows which have made the grounds their home. These dratted birds are real opportunists and will try to steal any unguarded food. They will even take the ice from the buckets given to sunbathers to cool their drinks. And of course, they leave their mark in other ways too! Very tiresome!
The service in all departments of the hotel from check-in to check-out is second to none and many of the staff have been there for years - a testament to the quality of the management.
Every night, I ate at the Brasserie where the food is exceptional with a huge variety on offer and always beautifully presented. The restaurant staff work very hard to ensure that you have a positive dining experience.
I know that I shall be going back to Dubai again next year and I also know that Le Royal Meridien will remain the place I choose to stay. After all, if it ain't broke, why fix it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Prestigia, TravelUp, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai