We again visited this hotel for the fourth time celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary of which we e-mailed them before we arrived to inform them of our special occasion.
We arrived at around 21.30 and started to check in but as through previous times was offered a arrival drink and towels, we on this time was not for some reason?
We then was given an upgraded room to the tower suite which gave us the opportunity to have afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks (inc alcoholic) and nibbles etc. We attended only once in the evening and found it very busy but was served well by the staff. Breakfast was also good in this part of the hotel. We did have afternoon tea a few times and found the food very nice, with the room that has been renovated, very plush and clean.
We also tried the Brasserie restaurant which we found was good and busy at times, but when my wife asked for some fresh pasta which was cooked for her, but she was refused to have chicken added at the time and had to do it herself, which was a bit odd at the time, but this request was done without hesitation at Sloanes restaurant in the Grovesner hotel.
We also had breakfast in the other restaurant near the pool area of which we found was good on most mornings but on one occasion we was given a watered down cranberry juice, but after informing the staff of this it was resolved. I also required two fried eggs one morning and had to chase them as 15 minutes later i was still waiting, but again they came fast after a winge!
The hotel is still going through some improvements but they are not intrusive or overly noisy through our visit and the staff were all pleasant enough to ensure our stay was excellent.
We decided to take the offer of booking the Lexus for our trip to the hotel as it was only around £7.00 more than a taxi, but our experience of it was not very good. If you do book it, do not expect some executive car as the one we had stank of smoke, was showing a lot of wear and tear, and the driver was not smelling too sweet as well at 7.00 am in the morning! We would not book it again and just use a taxi, but if you want something special then book the hotels cars.
For our celebration we was given some champagne, flowers and chocolate covered strawberries which was a nice touch by the hotel.
On the half-board package we decided to try out Sloanes restaurant in the Grovesner hotel which the hotel gives free travel too and the dinner there is absolutely fantastic. They will cook what you want and the food is in our opinion of better quality than the Brasserie at LRM, and the staff are more attentive. Just be careful that you explain to them that you are a resident at LRM on the half-board package as they did try on the first night that we tried it to charge us! On the next few visits that we went this was not a problem.
Mark the manager who we met a few times is always keen to hear your views and if you do have any problems then speak to him as they will without doubt get sorted. The hotel and our room is always clean and smelling fresh with the flower displays a work of art!
Would we stay here again........yes of course WITHOUT DOUBT!
Many thanks Mark for another great visit, and don't forget our upgrade to the Club rooms for another honest review!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa Dubai is situated on a pristine stretch of private beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf and with 500 rooms, caters to every type of traveler. With 14 international restaurants and bars, the hotel offers guests the world on a plate. Caracalla, the hotel’s Spa & Health Club, is the ideal retreat for mind and body. The pool and beach facilities are heaven for sunbathers and joggers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Travelbag and Holiday Gems so you can book your Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Royal Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridien Dubai
- Meridien Dubai
- Royal Meridian Dubai
- Royal Meridian Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort Dubai
- Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai
- Le Royal Meridien Hotel Dubai