“clean convenient hotel”

Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #189 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stay here regularly as I transit Dubai every 2 months. It's close to the airport and you can walk to the metro, friendly staff and if you book in advance you can get good deals. They provide transport to the airport free of charge. Be careful when coming from the airport as it's only 5 minutes, but the taxi charges 25AED flagfall instead of the usual 3, so it's worth trying to get the hotel shuttle. Overall good, efficient service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments, I hope that your review will be helpful for any future travelers to our hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2012

From check-in to check-out the staff were excellent. Very helpful and very friendly. The room I had was on the 2nd floor facing the pool area. It was very quiet, spacious and very comfortable with a big bed of very good quality. Cleaned every day to a high standard.
The bathroom is big and well equipped.
There are 4 restaurants. The Gozo (which starts the day as the breakfast room) which offers a variety of eating options during the week. Biggles Bar which offers very varied food and speaks for itself with more TV's then necessary but this is not a criticism. The Dolcha Vista (Italian obviously) very good food. And the Mexican once again great food and lots of it.
The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport and a 5 minute walk from the trams. Which are the target that the rest of the world should aim at. For a all day pass it worked out at roughly £3 great value they are unmanned so computer controlled. Never late and ultra safe, air conditioned roomy even during busy times and spotlessly clean.
It's a 4 Star hotel but with a 5 Star approach and certainly one that I will be returning to.
My only faults that I found were. Please get the swimming pool and area finished because after a very hot day at work a dip in the pool is something many travellers long for. Which could be costing you in people staying at your hotel. And no matter what I could not get my shower to give me cold water only warm. I did not mention this as after a hot day even this was refreshing. Lastly after staying in many hotels around the Gulf area having to pay for WiFi is a shame and not having a lounge area to sit and relax with a coffee or cooling beer is something that needs addressing.

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are the quietest as a main road runs outside the other.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I hope that your review will assist other travelers whether to stay at our hotel.

It is great to read such a detailed review and I have taken note of a number of very positive comments that you had included. I will certainly share this with our team, so that they may know what a good job they are doing.

At the same time, I have taken note of your improvement comments, which we will certainly work on. Particularly we are all looking forward to the imminent opening of our new pool..

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 September 2012

This is the only place I stay when I visit Dubai. If only they would complete the pool repairs then
all would be wonderful. Otherwise a very good and decent hotel with attentive staff.
Bar and restuarant choices are good. It is 5 minutes from the airport

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear Simon09320,

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel and your positive comments.
Yes, we are also waiting (!) for the completion of our brand new swimming pool and grounds. With the children's pool, fountain and swim-up bar in the new pool, it will be a nice edition to the range of facilities we currently have.

Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dubai.

Sincerely

Reviewed 8 September 2012

Its a lovely hotel close to the airport..clean and functional rooms. A very nice English pub named Biggles which has a decent band and good pun grub. Enjoyed the meal at their Italian restaurant..its not a expensive hotel and perfect for the price. Defintely recommended!!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear LouRoberts78,
Thank you for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.

I think you have identified some key areas of the success of this Hotel for many years, namely Biggles Pub, Da Vinci's Italian Restaurant, our location near the airport and the value for money.

Thank you once again, I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I stayed here with my wife and 2 children for one night on a Thursday. The room smelled musty and, no child beds were placed in the room despite booking the hotel 3 weeks in advance. From approximately 11pm, the nightclub music in the hotel started and, despite several requests to turn the music down, these were ignored. The response I got was "The hotel has to make money somehow". At check out, we were informed that families are always placed away from the nighclub as, they are aware of the noise. Our room was directly above the nightclub. The whole millenium brand reputation has been destroyed by this one night's stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the nightclub.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank neilrock
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear NeilRock,

I'm sorry to read about the your stay with us and the inconvenience you faced regarding the noise from Cactus Jacks and the child's bedding not being in the room ready for your arrival. Even with a busy late night venue, it is unacceptable for the music from the venue to disturb your comfort as it did, especially as you were traveling with small children.

I was of the understanding that you had addressed this issue satisfactorily here at the Hotel prior to departure with our Duty Manager, however, our Hotel Manager is concerned about your review and is available to address this matter for you. Please just contact the Hotel directly at your convenience.

Thank you for your comments, and my apologies once again.

With best regards,

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed at this place mainly because of a good deal from Expedia for advance booking. Proximity to the airport and free shuttle were other attractions for me (esp. arriving late at night).

I had booked a non-smoking room. But they gave me a smelly smokers' room. When complained about it they insisted that it was a non-smoking room. It was so darned stinking that we were sure to smell like a pack of cigarette butts by the next morning...not to forget, I actually saw the guy take an ash tray out just as I entered the room!! I finally forced them to change it which took over a half hour. So it was not a very good start for me.

The next room didn't have any stench and it was neat. Good for a couple of nights' stay. You have to go to the bellboy's desk to make local phone calls (pay in cash). The location was very good for easy commute. Didn't try the restaurant. The staff generally was very helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Learnt from a staff member that it's common for them to assign smokers' rooms after spraying...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank aquabluesky

Dear AquaBlueSky,

Thank you for your review, and I am sorry to hear about the condition of your room in regards to the cigarette smoke smell.
I have shared this review with our Executive Housekeeper and Hotel Manager to address the situation, and together we are also reviewing our split of smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms to ensure we are keeping up with demand for non smoking. I'm sorry it took over 30mins to change your room, and will also look into this, as a request to move is not something that we should need to do by 'force'. At the end of the day, your comfort is our goal, as such I am glad to read that your 2nd room was more comfortable and overall you felt the team were helpful and friendly.

For your next stay, and other reviewers, cash calls from the lobby are only required if there is no credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit for incidental charges on your room account, otherwise calls can be made directly from the room.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback, I hope we have the pleasure of accommodating you on your next visit to Dubai!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Well ill keep it short.

The hotel s situated no more then 4 minutes from the Airport so very quick transfer in taxi,
Check in is quick and very effective. Although the hotel is situated on a very busy highway. the noise from the vehicles outside is not heard at all.
Inside the hotel its is very nice and clean, there is a beautiful open restaurante that serves nice meals also a british pub/bar if you fancy a few pints of beer. or the re is a mexican restaurante as well which serves a selection of foods and drinks.

This is all very nice as Dubia is expensive i would warn alcoholic drinks are to but same every were. The pub/bar is good also to watch the latest sports it also does cabaret as well, if you are wanting some were a bit busier then across the road you have the LE Meridian hotel which has a host of bars and restaurantes you can use and is easy excess able once you cross the busy road.
The rooms are plain and a bit outdated i would say . some rooms do have double bed but alot have single also. make sure you ask for a double but you may have to pay more i you are travelling solo.
the shower is ok, not a power shower but adequate for your needs,it has limited essentials, iron/ hairdryer, etc . so please bring your own.
over all the hotel is very nice, and i would use again if transiting on a budget.

Room Tip: ask for double bed but may have to pay more if solo.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Dear Nick L,

Many thanks for your honest review of the hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed the room and food & beverage outlets (we also have an Italian restaurant - Da Vinci's). As the weather becomes cooler, it will be nicer to sit on the terrace area enjoying a meal, beverage or 2 and even Shisha!

I appreciate your opinion on the shower head, thank you for the comment.

In regards to the extra cost if traveling single or with 2 people I must point out that the room rate will remain the same. The only difference in rate would be if there is a 3rd person, more information on this is available on our website or via online travel agencies. Furthermore, items such as iron & board are available upon request, while the hair drying unit is available in the bathroom, so no need to carry your own with you.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, thank you again for your review!