“Friendly staff at a comfortable hotel near the airport”

Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai
Ranked #185 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Blacksburg, VA
“Friendly staff at a comfortable hotel near the airport”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed here for one night, during layover in Dubai.

The hotel has a free shuttle from the airport. Upon arrival, we went to their kiosk, and they called the shuttle for us. At the hotel, we received a lot of help with our (huge amount of) luggage.

Check-in was smooth, and the front desk courteous. We had requested a room at 11am, but arrived by 9:20am. They made the room ready for us within 20-25minutes.

The room was nice and big. The bed was a big king, and they gave us a free extra bed for the kids. There was TV, fridge etc. (No iron or micro, but we didn't ask for it either). The bathroom was clean. We had the view of the pool from our third-floor room.

The AC worked perfectly, and got the chance to recuperate from our 14hr flight from DC.

The most noticeable thing about this hotel is the courtesy and friendliness of the staff (from the front desk Reshmi was great, to the bell-hops Moinuddin and Sohiel helped us with our numerous heavy bags up/down etc.).

The internet is not free (I heard it used to be), and would set you back 25 AED for half an hr and 125 AED for a whole day. So be ready for such expenses. A cab ride from the hotel to the gold souk was under 30 AED, and to Emirates Mall ~50 AED. So I would say not too high given the proximity to the hotel and distance from other places.

Upon checkout, we left our luggage with the hotel for 5-6hrs so we can do some more sightseeing.

They did have a live DJ everynight from 10pm to 3am. So there was some noise in our room from that. But, we were too tired to notice too much. If you are light-sleeper get a room facing away from the pool.

Overall a pleasant experience. I would stay here again.

For activities, we did the desert safari (a must), and some window shopping. Dubai's expensive, so don't let the exchange rate wrt. USDs fool you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You have explained many of our facilities in a lot of detail and I believe highlighted some advantages our hotel indeed has to offer.

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Director of Front Office

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed at the Millennium Copthorne hotel in Dubai for 1 night, as we arrived in Dubai at 12am Sunday morning. By the time we got through passport control and picked up our luggage it was approx 1.30am when we got to the hotel. We were picked up from the airport by one of the hotels shuttle buses, which was great. We only waited about 5-10mins for the bus to arrive. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted and helped with our luggage, check in took a matter of minutes and we were upgraded to one of the new rooms, which were large,comfortable and stylish. We ordered room service, which was quick and very delightful. Once we got up in the morning we had breakfast in the restaurant, which was a little expensive at 120 dirhams, however there was lots of selection.

The pool area of the hotel is amazing, very clean with a bar, lots of loungers. There is another bar and nightclub, which we didn't go to purely because of the time we landed, sounded goo though, but you can not hear anything from the bar/club in the rooms.

All in all a fantastic stay and would recommend if you wish to stay near the airport, we got a great deal and would recommend over the holiday inn or premier inn airport hotels.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel in so much detail.

I was very happy to hear your positive comments about your stay, particularly since I feel that you touched on areas, which make our hotel stand out. This is the easy arrival at the airport and of course our newly updated facilities.

I have shared your comments with our team, so that we may continue doing those things that you enjoy.

Thank you again for reviewing our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Dubai
Reviewed 24 November 2013

The New rooms are an excellent choice…spacious, comfortable and warm. We took the Double Bed room and was good for a couple. The new outdoor swimming pool was superb with great green landscaping around it and you could see the planes flying over you while you are lying down on a sunbather chair. Infact, this hotel has a new wing coming up with loads of restaurants and bars. Got to know about this when i took my morning walk around the hotel. Great location..near the airport and loads of other restaurant and bars. The Dubai Creek is also close by. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Go for the new Superior rooms, they are a good choice.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We indeed opened our new rooms recently and added the outdoor swimming pool to our hotel earlier in the year.

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed our updated product and enjoyed staying in our new rooms. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel soon.

Saudi Arabia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This hotel is excellent for a fast visit to Dubai. location is excellent being 5 minutes to airport. I was there for 1 night for a meeting.

Room was nice having good space, clean, and well arranged. Reception was very good. There was no luggage person to receive me. There was no car valet person to receive me too. Internet is not free! Hotel is very close to airport. Wireless signal is not strong in all room space (can't be deducted when near window).

I just got annoyed with the noise of some work they had in the hotel. I think it is temporary.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We constantly try to improve our facilities and services and as such value your feedback.

I have noted your positive comments about your stay, but have also shared your comments about the valet and luggage services with my team. We are certainly working on improving in that area.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Harrogate
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on the first night of our honeymoon before moving to the Raffles Hotel for the next ten nights. We landed in Dubai in the early hours of the morning and booked this hotel as somewhere to sleep after the long flight, but it turned out to be much more than just an airport hotel.

We waited less than five minutes for the complimentary minibus to transfer us to the hotel and fifteen minutes later we were checked in, we were even offered a late 2pm check out the next day, free of charge.. The art deco style room was large and spotlessly clean. It had a king size bed and the large bathroom consisted of a bath and separate shower cubicle. The next morning we had the buffet breakfast on the outside terrace. The choice was vast and it definately set us up for the rest of the day. We had time to kill before checking out so we took advantage of the lovely pool.area.

I can honestly say that this hotel surpassed my expectations, the staff were courteous at all times and couldn't do enough for you. I wouldn't hesitate in booking this hotel again and not just for one night. Thank you to the management and staff for making it a fab start to our honeymoon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was very happy to read your detailed review, which highlights many of the features of our hotel.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Great location, helpful staff and a wonderful location - would thoroughly recommend this hotel to business travellers wanting a convenient location in Dubai which offers great facilities in a convenient location. Airport shuttles are convenient and well times for flights. There are many hotels and restaurants close by as well as easy access to excellent shopping. .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
FSchmittmann, Front Office Manager at Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I was very happy to read your positive review and am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your comments with our teams, so that we can continue doing well those things we do well.

Thanks again for your review and I do hope to be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Toulouse, France
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The rooms are quite comfortable and clean, but the room key was failing once a day, so I had to queue to the desk every day to get the key fixed to open my door.
I really appreciated the swimming pool and the associated staff.
The restaurants are not that great, I found the service very poor, I had to wait 1h to get my order in the mexican restaurant on Friday night , and it was not crowded.
The shuttle to the airport or city center is clearly a plus.
Wifi is not free, which is for me not acceptable.
Usage of the landline phone is too expensive also.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are constantly working on improvements in our hotel and as such value your comments.

I was happy to see that you overall enjoyed your stay with us, but have also taken note of your improvement suggestions. We have shared them amongst our management team and will certainly address them to ensure they do not repeat.

With regards to the internet, we do charge for internet generally, however are also offering various room rate packages with include internet. You may like to ask for them for for your next visit to our hotel.

Once again, thank you for your review and I hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.