Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hyatt Dubai(Dubai)
2,528 results
All reviewslamcy plazaoud methaapartment buildingbur dubaihouse keepingexecutive floorthe main hotelindian restaurantrooftop poolbusiness trippleasant stayexcellent hotelhousekeeping staffclose to the airportexcellent stayspecial thanksmetro station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very nice & comfortable stay for 3 days at 3rd floor room. Nice good sized room; could have been better furnished. Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Overall a nice ambience and good experience. Room support complimentaries could have been much better, refrigerator in the room could have been stuffed with atleast softdrinks or bottled water.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DrAloy
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear DrAloy,

I like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. Feedback like yours help us to improve the quality of our product and service on a daily basis. I am truly sorry that the design of your room was not up to your expectation and that the mini bar was not filled with the standard items like soft drinks and mineral water. Your concerns have definitely been brought to the necessary departments attention. However, I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the service of our friendly and professional team members.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon and please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 13 nights, the location is great, the rooms are big, the room service is excellent but the problem is the noise, u can hear everything happening in the rooms next to you even if someone is talking outside your room, moreover the nightclub which is on the ground floor and i was staying at the 4th floor i could hear it, the worst was when it is time to clean the changing rooms of the pool which is on the 5th floor, they use to do it at around 11pm and i could hear everything in my room

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank HichamRustom
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear HichamRustom,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction mainly due to the disturbance you encountered in your room. I do like to apologize for any inconveniences this have caused you and only wish that I had been made aware of this issue earlier so that appropriate action could have been taken before your departure.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly (markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com) in order to ensure on your next visit you will have an enjoyable and peaceful stay with us. Once more I do apologize for the inconveniences you had and we look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a wonderful trip with my family and the best part is our stay at movenpick oud mehta. The hospitality was very warm and everything is professionally managed. If i am again in dubai there would be no other place for me other than MOVENPICK!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Amer G,

I like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and your kind review. We are pleased to learn of your excellent experience at our hotel and I like to thank you for your kind words. We look forward welcoming you and your family back every time you travel to Dubai!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have just returned from dubai today with my 2 children and wife. We stayed at the movenpick bur dubai I can honestly say that everything about the movenpick hotel was perfect. From the staff at the door, ali, joseph to ciena, rosalin at reception the concierge and the cleaning staff all treated you with respect, patience and with a smile. We stayed in the the hotel apartments, here i have one and only gripe i would call the the apartment rooms 4 star rather than 5 star. The apartments were fantastically spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel is well located with shops and attractions such as the dubai mall only 10 minutes away by taxis. The taxis are on meters and 10-15 minute drives cost no more than £3. Round the corner from the hotel about 5 minute walk is a place called lamcy plaza which caters for all your needs. It has a big food quarter and shops such as BHS,matalan,boots amongst an aray of local shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to dubai for whatever reason. They make you feel part of the family, this is not anyone from the hotel writing this review it is someone real who had a great time at the movenpick bur dubai. I would like to finish by thanking firstly the cleaning staff, ciena who was always willing to help at reception and is a lovely person and all the other staff who made our stay so pleasant. Loved it god willing will come back.
Love and bestwishes from
Mr Salim Patel & family. Blackburn, England.

Room Tip: apartments are best for families, it offers 3 bathrooms, 2 double beds a lounge, easting area and a fully kitted out kitchen.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Mr Patel,

Thank you very much for visiting Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and for your generous feedback on this site. We are very pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a memorable time in Dubai. I also like to thank you about your very complimentary comment about our team members, especially about Ali, Joseph, Ciena and Roslyn and I am happy that the service you received was to your satisfaction and made for a comfortable stay. We look forward welcoming you and your family back again very soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

First of all, I must preface this review by saying that we don't normally stay in 5 star properties. But, having said that, this was a great stay. To start with the door staff are really friendly, a shout-out to Nicklas and (I think) Joseph, who always greeted us with a friendly smile as soon as we got there, even if it was 40+ degrees outside.

The location is outside downtown Dubai and most tourist attractions, but honestly, the taxis are ridiculously inexpensive, and they run a shuttle to Dubai Mall and the beach so it's not a problem at all.

The rooms are really nice and spacious, bathroom is a great size and the shower was hot and had really good pressure. The bed is one of the comfiest I have slept on, same with the pillows. The breakfast is also great, and the staff there are very friendly and helpful.

The Indian restaurant (Chutney's) is really, really good. One of the best I've eaten in, and we are foodies. Grill night was great, as was Italian night, and whilst they seem expensive, for the convenience of eating in your own restaurant, and for the quality of food they put out, it was actually really good value for money.

One of the best things about this place though was the fact that it's a 5* hotel and yet it still provides good quality, FREE wi-fi. Normally places like this qill squeeze out an extra $20 a day for that, but it was a nice touch to have it complimentary.

Only downer on our trip was that we had a few hiccups with the concierge service-we booked transfers to Abu Dhabi, and paid quite a bit for them only to find out we were squashed into a 4 seater (pretty beaten up) sedan with two other people. But Angelo, the chief concierge, after a bit of quarreling sorted out some free transfers in the end to placate us so no harm done. Also the pool, being outdoors in the summer sun, is not at all cool so don't look to be refreshed by it.

All in all, would most certainly go back as the service and amenities were definitely worth it!

Room Tip: Face the inner courtyard-no view, but no noise either.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SarahBlake_11

Dear SarahBlake_11,

On behalf of the entire team of the Mövenpick Bur Dubai I would like to thank you for your very kind and detailed review on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that we were able to guarantee a pleasant and enjoyable stay and that you had such a great time with us here in Dubai. We will certainly share your comment with our employees, and especially with Nicolas and Joseph. I also like to thank you for highlighting our good location and Food & Beverage options within the hotel.

However, while delighted to learn about your positive experience I am disappointed to read that the transportation arrangements made caused you inconveniences. This point will be forwarded to the concerned department and on your next visit, we will ensure you have a perfect experience. I am glad that Angelo helped you to sort out the situation.

We look forward seeing you very soon and I hope to have the opportunity to say hello during your next stay in Dubai.