“Perfect family Hotel....Great Location for Indians !!”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #103 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at Movenpick Bur Dubai on a family holiday in March 2012. We were initially skeptical about the location as everyone we know suggested we stay on Shiek Zaid Road or Bur Dubai. This hotel is in Oud Metha area which is a nice quite area of Bur Dubai. As we were arriving early in the morning, we requested for an early chk-in which was not confirmed, hence we had to book the rooms for an extra night.....which actually turned out to be a good idea....!!

Chk-In : The Check-in was a breeze as we were booked from the previous night....as one of room was with an extra bed...we had been automatically upgraded to the club floor at no extra charge. The staff at reception were nice and we were assisted to our rooms with-in 10min of arriving to the hotel.

Breakfast & Club Floor : The club floor where our rooms were had an exclusive lounge which served us breakfast, evening tea and free cocktails (limited time in the evening). I must say that the breakfast served at the club lounge was not as good as that served in the main restaurant. The choices were limited and the poor lady serving us had to run around for even eggs to order to the main restaurant....which was annoying. We finally choose to eat in the main restaurant for the rest of the stay. The breakfast otherwise was really nice....one of the best I have !! The staff was extremely courteous and the kids were well pampered.

Rooms: They were nice, big spacious....as per international standards. The bed was comfy, bathrooms were spic and span and well appointed. The mini bar adequately stocked.....and I must say that we were very comfortable with two adults and two kids. I must say that the rooms didin't have any views to write about !!

Around the Hotel: The Movenpick Ice creams were always around us which was great for kids....they must have tried 50% of the menu in the 4 night stay. As for a coffee addict like me, the Starbucks in the hotel premise was the best thing that could have happened to me !! It opens till late and a great place to relax after long hectic days...!!

Food for Indians : The hotel has one of the well known Indian restaurant in Dubai. My parents ate there and were truly impressed with the food and service. According to them, the food was better then in most places in India. Its a must try for the food, ambience and the service.....!! Within 5 mins walk is Sarvana Bhawan Restaurant that serves authentic pure veg food all day. Its a well known brand in India and is good for south indian breakfast or high tea. They also serve pure veg lunch and dinners. There is Moti Mahal Deluxe two shops down the road which is again a well know resturant chain in India serving Mughali Food.

I even saw a chinese and a lebanese restaurant......which sums up the various choices for food one has around this hotel.

Night Club : One of the most popular night club which is really popular with the affluent indian community is the same premise. Its called "Pulse".... and were there on the Holi Special night....and boy was it happening !! I felt right at home and felt like I was partying in Delhi somewhere. This is NO cheap pick-up joint unlike elsewhere in Dubai !!

Location: Dubai is not really a big place and you are not far from any place staying at this hotel.....Taxi is cheap and readily available outside the hotel. I truly recommend this hotel for families and especially Indian who love to stick to Indian food in any part of the world !!

Room Tip: 1. Ask for free room upgrade to Club floor.... 2. If you are getting a good deal without breakfast...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MANISH_AGRA
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2012

Dear MANISH_AGRA,

On behalf of the entire team I like to thank you so much for your very detailed feedback and positive comments regarding your stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are so pleased about your comment regarding our rooms, our service and facilities, our good location, the breakfast in our main restaurant and the experience your parents made in our Indian restaurant Chutney’s. Comments like yours inspire us to work harder to exceed our guests’ expectations. While being excited about your positive experience I am disappointed to learn that you were not satisfied with the breakfast we serve in our lounge. Please be informed that we serve a Continental breakfast buffet in the lounge whereas you can enjoy a wide variety of international breakfast dishes in our main restaurant. It is good to know that this was one of the best breakfast experiences you ever had!

We are looking forward to our next opportunity to serve you and your family when you travel again to Dubai.

Markus Eppinger

Write a ReviewReviews (2,503)

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Both buildings need to be linked somehow, we used to walk outdoor for few minutes to reach the dinning hall at the morning

Room Tip: Appartments are spacious, but the building is a little bit faf from the hotel building

Dear Mamdon,

I like to thank you for visiting Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and for your feedback on Trip Advisor. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay in one for our apartments. As mentioned by you our apartment building is in a distance of approximately 100 meters to the hotel and easy accessible through the direct walkway. Alternatively we offer a free pick up service from the apartment to the hotel on request. We hope we have the chance in welcoming you back in the near future and please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2012

This hotel was very clean, we had a 2 bedroom apartment which was very spacious & clean.
The hotel staff were exceptional with their level of service which they provided. I must note WinWin & Suresh went out of their way to accomodate us. They made us feel very welcome as if we were at home.
The pool was on the top floor & it was quiet most of the time. We were allowed to play our own music on the rooftop & relax there.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Dear henal r,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are truly happy to read that you enjoyed the spacious hotel apartments and that our team members, especially Win-Win and Suresh, were able to efficiently assist you throughout your visit. We can’t wait to welcome you back in the very near future!

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very nice & comfortable stay for 3 days at 3rd floor room. Nice good sized room; could have been better furnished. Friendly, helpful, professional staff. Overall a nice ambience and good experience. Room support complimentaries could have been much better, refrigerator in the room could have been stuffed with atleast softdrinks or bottled water.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DrAloy

Dear DrAloy,

I like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. Feedback like yours help us to improve the quality of our product and service on a daily basis. I am truly sorry that the design of your room was not up to your expectation and that the mini bar was not filled with the standard items like soft drinks and mineral water. Your concerns have definitely been brought to the necessary departments attention. However, I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed the service of our friendly and professional team members.

We will look forward to welcoming you back hopefully very soon and please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 13 nights, the location is great, the rooms are big, the room service is excellent but the problem is the noise, u can hear everything happening in the rooms next to you even if someone is talking outside your room, moreover the nightclub which is on the ground floor and i was staying at the 4th floor i could hear it, the worst was when it is time to clean the changing rooms of the pool which is on the 5th floor, they use to do it at around 11pm and i could hear everything in my room

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank HichamRustom
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear HichamRustom,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I am disappointed to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction mainly due to the disturbance you encountered in your room. I do like to apologize for any inconveniences this have caused you and only wish that I had been made aware of this issue earlier so that appropriate action could have been taken before your departure.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly (markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com) in order to ensure on your next visit you will have an enjoyable and peaceful stay with us. Once more I do apologize for the inconveniences you had and we look forward welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

It was a wonderful trip with my family and the best part is our stay at movenpick oud mehta. The hospitality was very warm and everything is professionally managed. If i am again in dubai there would be no other place for me other than MOVENPICK!

Dear Amer G,

I like to thank you for your recent stay with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and your kind review. We are pleased to learn of your excellent experience at our hotel and I like to thank you for your kind words. We look forward welcoming you and your family back every time you travel to Dubai!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have just returned from dubai today with my 2 children and wife. We stayed at the movenpick bur dubai I can honestly say that everything about the movenpick hotel was perfect. From the staff at the door, ali, joseph to ciena, rosalin at reception the concierge and the cleaning staff all treated you with respect, patience and with a smile. We stayed in the the hotel apartments, here i have one and only gripe i would call the the apartment rooms 4 star rather than 5 star. The apartments were fantastically spacious, clean and very comfortable. The hotel is well located with shops and attractions such as the dubai mall only 10 minutes away by taxis. The taxis are on meters and 10-15 minute drives cost no more than £3. Round the corner from the hotel about 5 minute walk is a place called lamcy plaza which caters for all your needs. It has a big food quarter and shops such as BHS,matalan,boots amongst an aray of local shops. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to dubai for whatever reason. They make you feel part of the family, this is not anyone from the hotel writing this review it is someone real who had a great time at the movenpick bur dubai. I would like to finish by thanking firstly the cleaning staff, ciena who was always willing to help at reception and is a lovely person and all the other staff who made our stay so pleasant. Loved it god willing will come back.
Love and bestwishes from
Mr Salim Patel & family. Blackburn, England.

Room Tip: apartments are best for families, it offers 3 bathrooms, 2 double beds a lounge, easting area and a...

Dear Mr Patel,

Thank you very much for visiting Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and for your generous feedback on this site. We are very pleased that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a memorable time in Dubai. I also like to thank you about your very complimentary comment about our team members, especially about Ali, Joseph, Ciena and Roslyn and I am happy that the service you received was to your satisfaction and made for a comfortable stay. We look forward welcoming you and your family back again very soon.