“Fantastic Service”

Ranked #86 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Fantastic Service”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is the second time I am staying at Movenpick Hotel Bur Dubai at Oudh Metha in Dubai. By far the hotel offers the best service I have come across. It is indeed a pleasure to stay here. I would like to make a special mention of the Housekeeping staff and Mr. Shamsher in particular who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Even the most trivial of requests is acted upon in the speediest manner and always with a smile. I would like to thank the Hotel management for the warm and courteous service provided.

Room Tip: Feel free to ask for what you would like and the staff will do their best to make it happen.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank S-DaX
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear S-DaX,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai on TripAdvisor.

We are so humbled by your kind comment regarding our team members and we are glad that especially Shamsher assisted you with his full attention during your stay. We will certainly share your comment with our teams and we truly value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Markus Eppinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stay at the Moevenpick Hotel apartment Bur Dubai .We would Thank for the excellent service provided by staffs .especially housekeeping staffs Messrs. Mynul, Faris, Ragvan, Ragurat, Nazeer, Gerald, Surash and Ms. WinWin and Engineer Mr. Naveed. All the staffs are very prefessiona and friendly.They are punctual and effcient.
We are very pleased staying this Hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Huan C
Dear Huan C,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel apartments and that our entire apartment team efficiently assisted you throughout your stay.

Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward providing you with another excellent experience in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at the Moevenpick on my recent official trip to Dubai. I stayed for 5 days and my experience was excellent.

Considering that the hotel is in Bur Dubai, it has loads of eateries around. There is a mall called Lamcy Plaza at walking distance from the hotel. There is a currency exchange center, an ATM & everything else that you would need on travel. Even if you want to just walk around at night, the area just outside the hotel is pretty nice.

When you enter the hotel, it looks grand. There's a beautiful staircase right in the front and some good art work adorns the walls. The staff of the hotel is extremely friendly and nice. My welcome was great. I had booked myself in an executive room. The first things that strikes you about the room is the size. Its a big room. Because of the shape of the hotel, some of the rooms in the inner row do not look out but look inside towards the lift and the floor corridors. In this case, the whole purpose of the window is defeated. You want to wake up in the morning and see some natural light to make out whether the sun's out or not but in this case, you cant open the curtains at all. It makes your entire room visible to anybody who's on the lift or anyone who wants to peep inside from the floor corridors.

However, as soon as I expressed my concern to the front desk, they were extremely quick to change me to a room which looked outside, at the street. It was even larger than the one I was in earlier and again, clean, well arranged, egyptian cotton pillows; every thing was well done. The amenities inside the rooms are good. One thing that stands out is the presence of many power points. I am a gadget obsessed person and for me, having a separate power point for each of my Apple devices, my computer, my blackberry was great.

The hotel has great eating options. You can eat Indian as well as world cuisine. I ate at the Indian restaurant one of the nights that i stayed there and it was good. There was live music, the service was great and the food was tasty. The executive room that I stayed in also allowed me free access to the club lounge (4th floor) everyday for 2 hours. You could also have breakfast on the 4th floor itself if you did not want to go to the ground floor every morning. However, the breakfast menu on the ground floor is more elaborate than the club lounge & the LIVE egg & pancakes counters are not present in the club lounge. The breakfast is a nice large buffet. Wide selection of food and beverages with a delighful staff at your service.

I checked out a little before my schedule & i found them more than accommodating with just a half price deduction on my daily tariff for the day while I wasnt checking out at 1 or 2 PM. It was at 7 in the evening.

Moevenpick was one of my best Dubai stays off late. Its not as chic as the Le Meridien Resort & Spa that i stayed at earlier but its definitely worth every penny that you pay. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AdhisheshS
Dear AdhisheshS,

Thank you very much for including the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai as part of your time in Dubai and for your very detailed feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are truly excited to learn that you had one of your best stays in our hotel and I also would like to thank you for sharing so many details and facilities available. I am pleased to learn that our team members have assisted you with your request in changing your room and I will definitely share your feedback with all of them. Thank you again for your kind comments and we truly appreciate your time sharing this with us. We can’t wait to welcome you back next time your travel brings you to Dubai.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at the Movenpick Hotel Bur Duabi for a couple of nights this october and I had a wonderful time.We booked for an executive room on the 4th floor and we found it very confortable. The view is not magnificient but it's ok. The club lounge was very nice. We enjoyed having breakfast there rather than going to the very crowded buffet on the first floor and we also spent some very nice time with Rina the Executive Floor Attendant. She was great fun and it was such a pleasure to meet her. The happy hour in the executive lounge was also fairly nice. A few kind of beers to choose from and also a selection of fine liquors from Gordon gin to Captain Morgan rum. The rooftop pool is also a nice spot to hang out when you have some free time. The attendants are nice and come right away with towels!
All in all a great experience and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Federico S
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear Federico S,

Thank you for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially the service received by Rina in our Executive lounge. She definitely will be very happy to see that you have had such a great time in Dubai and in our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Pune, India
Reviewed 8 October 2012

It is a very good hotel, I stayed in the first week of October, initially the room which I was given was inward facing and noisy (could hear loud music till late in the night), however later on was able to get a room on 5th floor, which was absolutely fantastic. Breakfast is good and the staff is extremely friendly. Couple of small issues though, they do not provide a Newspaper by default, one has to ask for it, which is a bit silly. Hotels of this type are usually expected to provide complimentary fruit basket / cookies or similar, nothing of that sort here. Location is fantastic, easy to connect anywhere in the city. Metro station (Oud Metha) is about a kilometer away, but one can take a bus to reach there quickly. Swimming pool and Gym is nice and well maintained. Overall a good experience which can be made even better with small little things like daily newspaper, fruit basket etc.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dear SachinSharjah,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

However, while we are pleased about your positive experience we are disappointed to learn of the inconveniences you had in the first night. I am happy that you have enjoy your stay after you were moved to another room. Rest assured we will investigate your comment in regards to the missing fruit arrangements as they are part of our Executive Deluxe rooms on the 5th floor. As a Green-Globe certificated hotel we believe in our commitment in protecting the environment by reducing the waste of different materials such as water, plastic and paper. Therefore we are not providing newspapers to all rooms and only on request. Our guests can choose upon arrival if they require a newspaper and I do apologize if this wasn’t the case upon your arrival. This will be addressed to the concerned department and I trust you will find an improvement in this regard should you return to stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and please do contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2012

There’s something about staying in a “small” hotel in Dubai that is reassuringly welcoming. It’s not got the show of many of the better known Dubai properties here but its understated hospitality that makes the Movenpick fantastic.
The staff is thoughtful, kind and attentive. At every turn, they will go out of their way to make sure they go the extra mile. Focused and ever present management means everything works like clock-work. I should be saying, "try the buffets as they’re fantastic", or "the housekeeping couldn’t be better" (which it couldn’t) but it’s the staff ability to be flexible, friendly and fun that makes this place stand head and shoulders above the others. Thank you to everyone, we’re so glad we chose the Movenpick !

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Adrienne538
Dear Adrienne538,

Many thanks for your review of your experience with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially our service provided by all our team members. We will certainly share your feedback with all of them and they will be delighted to see that their hard work has been noticed.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Walls ms
Reviewed 6 October 2012

I come through Dubai and stay at the Movenpick Bur Dubai frequently. The service and food has always been excellent. The Housekeeping Department has always been outstanding. K.C. Samsher provides excellent service. Thanks for the enjoyable experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chief9797
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Dear Chief9797,

We like to thank you so kindly for posting your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to read that we were able to provide you with our excellent service throughout your stay and it is also a pleasure to learn that our team was able to assist you making this a memorable experience.

We are once again very grateful for your valuable feedback and your friendly praise of our staff and we look forward being your "home" whenever you travel to Dubai.