“A good average option”

Ranked #95 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Khartoum, Sudan
“A good average option”
Reviewed 31 October 2012

This hotel is basically exactly what you can expect from a mid-range hotel (for Dubai standards) hotel in Bur Dubai. The location of the hotel is OK, close to the airport and easy to access by taxi.

Positive points were: the pool area was above expectations, really nice and not too busy. The staff were nice and very service minded. The hotel also a good shuttle service, as well as free semi-fast internet, like it should be.

Negative points: there are no views from the hotel what so ever, which makes it a bit depressing. The balconies are completely useless. The rooms are a bit dated (but clean with nice bathrooms so that was positive).

The breakfast was totally OK, nothing spectacular but clean and fresh.

All-in-all, a good average option if you don’t wanna splurge on your Dubai stay. Not really somewhere you wanna spend time but to sleep and relax a couple of hours by the pool it is good.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elina S
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
Dear Elina S,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our pool area and staff service during your recent stay with us; however we are disappointed that the rooms and the view were not to your liking. The hotel building has no balconies, only a few rooms have an outside extension, however, this area cannot be used as a balcony due to the strict rules of the Municipality. Located in the heart of Dubai we unfortunately cannot provide e.g. sea view but interesting and typical Bur Dubai architecture which gives guests an authentic impression of this lively and culture rich area.

We look forward to the opportunity in welcoming you back to our hotel and please do contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Markus Eppinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

We have just had a great week at this hotel. It is a short taxi ride from the airport, convenient for the metro and again taxis are readily available to all the malls. The service was faultless, from reception to the waiting staff to the team who cleaned our room. Everyone was friendly and went out of their way to help us. The buffet breakfast was great as was the dinner we had on Grill
Night. We look forward to returning. Thank You.

Room Tip: The nicer rooms have windows facing outside rather than overlooking the atrium
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnnabelB375
Dear AnnabelB375,

Thank you so much for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai for your stay during your visit and we are delighted to learn that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We are excited to read that you would like to visit with us again and we truly value your loyalty!

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you so that you have another memorable experience with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai.

Dubai
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We have stayed at this hotel so many times and it feels like home. The rooms are really well designed and clean although what brings us back is the very friendly service of the valets and bell boys such as Nicolas and the other Kenyans, Reshmi at chutneys Restuarant and Abdullah from housekeeping.

Highly recommend this hotel for business and luxury stays in Dubai.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank N A
Dear N A,

Thank you kindly for your review of your recent stay with us and for giving us an opportunity to serve you. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that our team members were able to efficiently assist you throughout your stay. Our team truly believes in serving our guests which hopefully will result in the desire to visit with us again and I am glad that we are able to welcome you back so many times.

See you again very soon and once more I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This is the second time I am staying at Movenpick Hotel Bur Dubai at Oudh Metha in Dubai. By far the hotel offers the best service I have come across. It is indeed a pleasure to stay here. I would like to make a special mention of the Housekeeping staff and Mr. Shamsher in particular who go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Even the most trivial of requests is acted upon in the speediest manner and always with a smile. I would like to thank the Hotel management for the warm and courteous service provided.

Room Tip: Feel free to ask for what you would like and the staff will do their best to make it happen.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank S-DaX
Dear S-DaX,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai on TripAdvisor.

We are so humbled by your kind comment regarding our team members and we are glad that especially Shamsher assisted you with his full attention during your stay. We will certainly share your comment with our teams and we truly value your loyalty and will look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stay at the Moevenpick Hotel apartment Bur Dubai .We would Thank for the excellent service provided by staffs .especially housekeeping staffs Messrs. Mynul, Faris, Ragvan, Ragurat, Nazeer, Gerald, Surash and Ms. WinWin and Engineer Mr. Naveed. All the staffs are very prefessiona and friendly.They are punctual and effcient.
We are very pleased staying this Hotel

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Huan C
Dear Huan C,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel apartments and that our entire apartment team efficiently assisted you throughout your stay.

Once again I would like to thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward providing you with another excellent experience in the near future.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at the Moevenpick on my recent official trip to Dubai. I stayed for 5 days and my experience was excellent.

Considering that the hotel is in Bur Dubai, it has loads of eateries around. There is a mall called Lamcy Plaza at walking distance from the hotel. There is a currency exchange center, an ATM & everything else that you would need on travel. Even if you want to just walk around at night, the area just outside the hotel is pretty nice.

When you enter the hotel, it looks grand. There's a beautiful staircase right in the front and some good art work adorns the walls. The staff of the hotel is extremely friendly and nice. My welcome was great. I had booked myself in an executive room. The first things that strikes you about the room is the size. Its a big room. Because of the shape of the hotel, some of the rooms in the inner row do not look out but look inside towards the lift and the floor corridors. In this case, the whole purpose of the window is defeated. You want to wake up in the morning and see some natural light to make out whether the sun's out or not but in this case, you cant open the curtains at all. It makes your entire room visible to anybody who's on the lift or anyone who wants to peep inside from the floor corridors.

However, as soon as I expressed my concern to the front desk, they were extremely quick to change me to a room which looked outside, at the street. It was even larger than the one I was in earlier and again, clean, well arranged, egyptian cotton pillows; every thing was well done. The amenities inside the rooms are good. One thing that stands out is the presence of many power points. I am a gadget obsessed person and for me, having a separate power point for each of my Apple devices, my computer, my blackberry was great.

The hotel has great eating options. You can eat Indian as well as world cuisine. I ate at the Indian restaurant one of the nights that i stayed there and it was good. There was live music, the service was great and the food was tasty. The executive room that I stayed in also allowed me free access to the club lounge (4th floor) everyday for 2 hours. You could also have breakfast on the 4th floor itself if you did not want to go to the ground floor every morning. However, the breakfast menu on the ground floor is more elaborate than the club lounge & the LIVE egg & pancakes counters are not present in the club lounge. The breakfast is a nice large buffet. Wide selection of food and beverages with a delighful staff at your service.

I checked out a little before my schedule & i found them more than accommodating with just a half price deduction on my daily tariff for the day while I wasnt checking out at 1 or 2 PM. It was at 7 in the evening.

Moevenpick was one of my best Dubai stays off late. Its not as chic as the Le Meridien Resort & Spa that i stayed at earlier but its definitely worth every penny that you pay. Brilliant!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the street.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank AdhisheshS
Dear AdhisheshS,

Thank you very much for including the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai as part of your time in Dubai and for your very detailed feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are truly excited to learn that you had one of your best stays in our hotel and I also would like to thank you for sharing so many details and facilities available. I am pleased to learn that our team members have assisted you with your request in changing your room and I will definitely share your feedback with all of them. Thank you again for your kind comments and we truly appreciate your time sharing this with us. We can’t wait to welcome you back next time your travel brings you to Dubai.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I stayed at the Movenpick Hotel Bur Duabi for a couple of nights this october and I had a wonderful time.We booked for an executive room on the 4th floor and we found it very confortable. The view is not magnificient but it's ok. The club lounge was very nice. We enjoyed having breakfast there rather than going to the very crowded buffet on the first floor and we also spent some very nice time with Rina the Executive Floor Attendant. She was great fun and it was such a pleasure to meet her. The happy hour in the executive lounge was also fairly nice. A few kind of beers to choose from and also a selection of fine liquors from Gordon gin to Captain Morgan rum. The rooftop pool is also a nice spot to hang out when you have some free time. The attendants are nice and come right away with towels!
All in all a great experience and I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Federico S
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
Dear Federico S,

Thank you for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially the service received by Rina in our Executive lounge. She definitely will be very happy to see that you have had such a great time in Dubai and in our hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.