“Great location and fantastic service”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #97 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 1 December 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Movenpick Hotel, we found the hotel basic, clean and comfortable. The stay was made much more pleasurable from the room service team, in particular Win Win and Biju who always had friendly smiley faces and dealt immediately with any problems that we had. Nothing was too much trouble for them and I have no hesitation in recommending this apartment/hotel.

2  Thank Marion C
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Marion C,

I wanted to thank you and your husband for choosing the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai during your visit to sunny Dubai. I am excited to learn that you enjoyed your comfortable apartment, the hotel’s location and that our service team, especially Win Win and Biju, efficiently assisted you throughout your visit. Thank you again for your feedback and can’t wait to welcome you back hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

1. Location, check in are good. Surrounding this hotel there are plenty of eateries to choose and Lamcy plaza is close by (5 mins walk). This hotel is closer to airport, taxi will approximately 20 UAE dirham’s. Going to Dubai mall by taxi will cost 20 UAE dirham’s as well.

2. Cleanliness can be improved further; there was plenty of dust behind the elevator frame. For the non-smokers executive room at 4th floor is preferred. Room size is adequate for 2 people with comfortable bed with different types of pillow.

3. One of the let down of this hotel is breakfast buffet. Not much variety, same menu everyday. I am seeing first time in Islamic country, there is pork menu available separately in morning breakfast at the same venue (quite an eyesore).

4. Another let down of this so called 5 star hotel is gym facility which is situated at the 1st floor. Pretty small, congested, inadequate ventilation and limited work out machines.

5. This hotel is good for business travelers, not much any facility for kids over here.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MMDSI

Dear MMDSI,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We truly value your feedback, comments like yours enable us to continuously strive for improvement in the quality of our services and products. I am truly disappointed about the points highlighted in your review and I have brought your concerns to all necessary departments for further review. We will look forward to the opportunity to regain your faith in our ability to properly serve you during your future stays.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

1. Arrived Saturday around midnight, tired and needing to go to work early Sunday morning. Hotel had given my pre-booked room to another party, as well as that of our external consultant. My other two colleagues were more lucky. I was forced to SHARE accomodations with another gentleman (in this case our consultant, whom I at least know a little bit, - so not a complete stranger) in a separate building, in a worn-down uncharming studio. Full price, no apology received from hotel.
2. Sunday morning, I put my luggage in the reception and request a room by end of day. Sunday evening after a long hard work day, hotel had not even looked at it, and after much waiting time, the other gentleman got a room, but they still had no room for me. More time wasted, and I got a small, foul smelling, not properly cleaned room with a broom-closet sized bathroom with only toilet and shower. I immediately complain, but hotel reception just told me there was nothing they could do, whereupon I said I would find another hotel and check out - no reaction from hotel. I spent ½ hour looking on internet and finally found one, when reception called with another room. 10 m away on same foul-smelling 3rd floor. A little better but still not very nice, and still with a pervading foul stench. Still full price and no apology from hotel. After complaining again, I was told they might find a different room for me on Monday.
3. Monday evening after a long hard day of work, hotel had done nothing, so I decided to tough it out, since I would be leaving Tuesday morning early.
4. Monday evening we (4 people) ask the concierge to make restaurant reservations for us and book a hotel car. The very efficient and friendly guy (big surprise!) does this and we agree to leave in 5 minutes. We leave our stuff in our rooms and return to lobby, where he has disappeared. Probably because he is working all the time, helping hotel guests and therefore has no time to stand around. Good guy! But his useless colleagues can't be bothered to help us, and we have to wait 30 minutes until he comes back. When he comes back he actually apologizes, even though he has done nothing wrong, and immediately gets us the car and off we go. When we come back we book a hotel car to take us to the airport 6 AM next morning.
5. Tuesday morning 5:45 we all stand in the reception waiting. They haven't switched on the IT systems, so we have to wait 15 minutes before we can check out. 40 minutes later we finally have checked out and are on our way. They had additionally forgotten to arrange a hotel car, so we had to wait for that as well.
6. Additionally the hotel pool, while nice enough; my colleague and I wanted to try it out in the morning, so we shower and go there 6:55. the pool boy refuses to give us towels and refuses to let us enter, because we have to wait until 7 AM (5 minutes!!) so we stand shivering a bit in our wet bathing suits for 5 minutes. Small annoyance, but considering the very poor service the hotel in general provided this was the icing on the cake.

Conclusion: I will never stay at this hotel again, in Dubai or Möwepick hotels elsewhere in the world. They ruined my trip to Dubai, which I had looked forward to, despite it being a short work trip, since I have fond memories of Dubai from earlier trips. The whole miserable experience was due to someone giving away my room, and hotel never really found a solution for it, and also didn't care, clearly. Had I gotten a nice room, as prebooked and agreed, my review might have been more positive. But in general this hotel has seen better days and service is bad.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel
2  Thank LASJBUDO

Dear LASJBUDO,

Thank you for sharing your personal opinion with the travel community on TripAdvisor pertaining your recent stay with us at the Moevenpick Hotel Bur Dubai. I am very disappointed to learn of your negative impression of the hotel and only wish that I had been made aware of these issues earlier so that appropriate action could have been taken before your departure. I do like to apologize for the inconveniences caused and that we were not able in providing you with you with a flawless experience. I would have been able assisting you during your stay, however, I have only learned of all the issues from this website. Once again, I regret that you were not able to enjoy your stay, however, knowing our team members and our usual standards I strongly believe that this was an isolated situation; you might have also noticed the positive reviews.

I have contacted you also by email and I would like the opportunity to personally speak to you and discuss what can be done to have you stay with us again in the future. I can be contacted at markus.eppinger@moevenpick.com. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you personally.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

This was my second stay at Movenpick Bur Dubai, first in February 2012 and October 2012
on this occassion had booked an apartment as there were 5 of us and what can I say the apartment was just perfect and fully equiped, cleaners everyday, supermarket, large bedrooms and quiet too..
Special thanks to Deepak at reception for his excellent service in making our stay comfortable.

Best location as shopping mall close by, so taxis are easy to catch.

Will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: apartment 402 nice size rooms and lounge.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ash v

Dear ash v,

I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your apartment, with all of its amenities, and the apartment’s location. Thank you also for your kind comments in regard to our service. We truly value your loyalty and can’t wait to welcome you back the next time you travel to Dubai.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

I had the best stay at Movenpick last week, the easy check-in process, the room was big and clean, the location is very good and the view from the hotel is beautiful.Nicely decorated and equipped very spacious. Staff very accomodating.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tom_Tom_Tom88

Dear Tom_Tom_Tom88,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I am truly excited to learn that you enjoyed your room, the hotel’s location, the décor and that our service team efficiently assisted you throughout your visit. We truly value your feedback and can’t wait to welcome you back hopefully in the very near future!

Reviewed 18 November 2012

The hotel service was very good and prompt. The staff was helpful and cooperative. Specially Vijunesamany.NR the housekeeping staff was very dedicated and took very good care. He was very courteous and friendly. He attended us well and helped as and when required. The hotel also provided all the amenities as described. I would definitely like to select this hotel in my next visit.

1  Thank Amit D

Dear Amit D,

Thank you for posting your review of your recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room, the in-room amenities and our service and we will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Dubai!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I am a current visitor to the Movenpick and this is my first time at this Hotel. It is really a pleasure. The staff from the front door through to the apartments are so courteous, friendly and nothing is ever too much trouble.

The house cleaning that receive 2 days a week is great with all the staff attending to my apartment being very very friendly and helpful at all times. I must make special mention of WIn WIn, who goes out of her way t make my stay comfortable.

I don't know if I will be in Dubai in the future, but if I am this is my Hotel of choice.

Ms Margie Pieterse (1102)

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Dubai, if this is your first visit - it cannot be beaten..
1  Thank Margie P

Dear Margie P,

Thank you for your review of your experience with us at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. We are glad reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially Win Win will be pleased to learn of your nice feedback in regards to her service provided to you. We will certainly share your feedback with our Team and we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards,