“fantastic stay in a quite location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #86 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Bergen auf Rügen
“fantastic stay in a quite location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

On my last trip to Dubai, I decided to stay away from the trouble and not in a 40 floor building and booked this hotel.

Its 10 minutes away from the airport and 10 minutes to the Dubai Mall on the other site of the creek, depends on traffic.

recently renovated in 2013, nice Executive deluxe rooms. just a five floor building and absolutely great food in the restaurant on the ground floor

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Sven-Henning,

Thank you so much for your review of your most recent stay with us. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel’s décor and location and the various amenities the hotel has to offer, especially our Fountain restaurant. I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at this site of the city and we truly value your feedback and recommendation. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Dubai either on business or pleasure.

Markus Eppinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

It is a great pleasure to me enjoying my holidays in this hotel every year always. The amenities and the facilities like well-equipped gym and outdoor swimming pool are really excellent.I would like to score 11/10 for the cleanliness maintained in the rooms by your hosue-keeping staff Ramesh Chinna, who does a wonderful job during my stay there. He is really polite and a good care taker of customers. I would always consider booking for my holidays in future and going to recommend to all my friends as well.

Room Tip: Recommending for a wonderful stay for holidays
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 800Jason
Dear 800Jason,

Thank you for sharing your feedback of your most recent stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the different components of your stay, especially our gym and the pool. I am also delighted to read that Ramesh took well care of your room and was friendly and attentive throughout your stay. We will look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back our way.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The staff is wonderfully helpful, the food fantastic, and the hotel itself, enjoyable. I ws able to totally relax by the pool and in the evening enjoy lively conversations at the exceptional bar. My daily room needs were admirably sustained by G. Suresh of India. I enjoyed talking with him and others on the Hotel staff.
A first rate pick among hotels. An most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear Charles L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback of your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and the various facilities it has to offer. I am also happy to read that our service team, and especially Suresh, was able to efficiently assist during your visit. We will look forward to welcoming you back should travels bring you back to Dubai.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

A very modern, clean hotel, breakfasts very good, staff pleasant & efficient, good little bar inside that you can get meals in. Location is great about 10/15 mins from most of the attractions. Would defo recommend!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda T
Dear Amanda T,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback pertaining to your most recent visit. I am truly delighted to read that our service team, our location and your experience all together made your stay a memorable one. Thank you also for recommending our hotel and your feedback is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the not far future.

Sitges
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We recently had a really positive experience at the Moevenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai with 3 young children (6,4 and 4 months). The apartment was very large and comfortable and the staff couldnt have been more friendly and accomodating. We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel - and all the food was of a good standard. The waitresses and waitors were very attentive (one even held my baby at dinner so we could eat!). The swimming pool on the roof of the hotel was really nice with comfortable loungers and a small paddling pool for children. I think the memory that will stay with us is that my son bought a glass burj khalifa which he dropped and broke at the hotel. He was very upset so the next day (unbeknown to us) the hotel went out and bought him a new one which they gave to him at breakfast - he was delighted and we thought it was a lovely thing to do. I would really recommend this hotel if you are travelling with children.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear SitgesMum,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your family trip to sunny Dubai! It gives me great pleasure to read that you found comfort in your apartment and you enjoyed the various amenities and facilities the hotel offers, especially our restaurants and the pool area. I will share your positive feedback with the entire team and I will be certain they will be very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay. I am also delighted to read that our team was attentive throughout your stay and surprised your son with a new glass Burj Kahlifa. We will look forward to welcoming you and your family back should your travels bring you back our way.

Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Movenpick Bur Dubai is a wonderful option for business visits. It is well located between the business area and tourism spots. I also want to thank especially Viju from house keeping department for his kind assistance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
meppinger, Executive Assistant Manager at Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear nazocuk,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at the Mövenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai and for sharing your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that our team, and Viju in particular, efficiently assisted you throughout your stay and that you enjoyed the hotel’s location. Your feedback is highly valued and appreciated. We will look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you back to Dubai.

Bagram, Afghanistan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

Nice hotel with nice comfortable rooms. The apartments are out the back door and around a path to another building. It can be confusing and the back doors are not made for luggage. It's kind of a obstacle course getting to the apartments, but no problem if you have a room in the hotel. What really bother some of us is that they take your passport when you check in. They will not give you a reminder to pick it up before you leave, so if you are in a hurry to get to the airport, it is easy to forget it and be in trouble.

I have been in many hotels in many countries, to include a half a dozen or so in Dubai and have never had a hotel do that to there customers. Most hotels will ask for your passport, but then immediately give it back to you. You will need to improvise a reminder so you don't forget to pick up your passport when you leave. Other then that, never had a problem. It was pretty good for a short visit.

Room Tip: Maybe use your cell phone to give you a reminder.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank World_Traveler-RM
Dear World_Traveler-RM,

Thank you so much for your review pertaining your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I am pleased to learn that you found comfort in your room and that all of your stays were pleasant. Thank you also for your comment regarding the passport procedure. Since you always travel as part of a group the procedure for the group check-in is different compared to the individual check-in. The number of guests arriving at the same time requires to collect the passport for scanning propose as per the UAE law. You can always contact the reception team to collect your passport after your check-in. I understand your concerns, however, the implemented procedures will guarantee that you will not leave the hotel without your passport and I am certain that you have experienced this always in the past. Our team is well trained to handle this procedure with care. During individual check-in we do scan the passports and return the documents immediately.

We will look forward to welcoming you back and please do contact me personally the next time your return to Dubai and to our hotel if I can be of any further assistance.