“Fabulous Service”

Movenpick Hotel & Apartments Bur Dubai
Ranked #103 of 565 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 24 April 2009

The service they offer is fabulous and the location is also very good ! .. not to mention that the rooms are very comfortable and the buffet spread is extra-ordinarily good !!

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,503)

Reviewed 1 November 2008

A Fine Hotel with Good Service

The hotel’s service is very good. It appears from the exterior that the building is older, but the interior has been renovated quite well. For the most part, you have to take a taxi anywhere you need to go since the hotel is located a fair distance (about 10 minutes away) from the primary business area, the DIFC. Upon arrival, the hotel offered me an upgrade to their executive floor for a price. The price I thought was reasonable because it included daily internet (hard wire and wireless), breakfast and a light dinner in the executive lounge. Frankly, the light dinner was more than enough for me, so the overall cost of the upgrade was very reasonable. In addition, a platter of fresh food was provided throughout my stay.

There are several restaurants within the hotel. Because of the light dinner (mentioned above), I only ate at the Lebanese restaurant, but unfortunately was very disappointed because of apathetic service and mediocre food quality. I cannot comment on the other restaurants, but I will say that I was the only person in the Lebanese restaurant while the other restaurants had a good crowd – I should have taken the hint.

A couple of times I had a problem with my room Internet connection, but a technician responded quickly and solved the problems.

My only true criticism, and it is minor criticism, was the room key card (also needed to reach the executive floor by elevator) failed a number of times and I had to get a newly programmed card. I was not the only person with this problem. The situation was more of an annoyance rather than a problem because the hotel staff re-programmed my card immediately, without question. The second problem was a leaky shower door flooding the bathroom floor during each use.

In general, a fine hotel with good service.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2008

This hotel was highly recommended to me by an acquaintance, so on my last business trip to Dubai ealier this month I opted to sample the experience. I was absolutely delighted with all aspects of the amenities and services.

To start with, it is so convenient to the airport and yet not too far from the centre and beach. After a long flight, the short trip to the hotel is a blessing. First impressions were very positive, lovely entrance hall, high atrium and a sense of grandeur. What was particularly nice was the fact that it is not one of those massive hotels but one that exudes a personal feel.

Arriving later in the evening, I was more than happy to relax in Somersets and enjoy a few of the good selection of international beers and watch the clientele. There was a nice buzz to the bar without it being too loud or noisy and the bar menu proved to be varied and good value.

My executive level room provided me with all the comforts that I desired. I have stayed in a wide selection of hotels across Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa and this one is up there in terms of comfort and facilities. I was particularly impressed with the Executive Breakfast room, in which I received impeccable service.

The La Veranda restaurant is a little gem, which I frequented when possible. The Italian cuisine was top class and yet such good value, particularly at lunch time, a fact well recognised by the number of fellow diners. Needless to say, the service was smooth and friendly.

I had only one opportunity to sample the outdoor pool. Although not a large area, it is an invaluable outlet for the stressed business person and a treat for those lucky enough to stay there on holiday.

The Moevenpick is a medium sized and welcoming establishment that is impeccably run, with courteous and friendly staff with smiles on their faces. I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2008

We had booked to stay in apartments in Dubai but they were awful so we booked online while we were in Dubai to stay at the Movenpick again as we'd been before. It feels like home when you go to this hotel- the staff are fantastic, attentive and helpful and go out of their way to help you. The food is fabulous! Lebanese restauant in the hotel is legendary and has full show- not ur taste but folk who like belly dancers etc said they lved it. Somersets pub serves huge portions of excellent food. Buffet breakfast has a vast choice and is good value for money. Pool area is to die for! Sooooooooooo realxing and the staff there are briliant. Marjorie is gorgeous, as are all of her colleagues. The staff bring yu two bath sheets to lie on plush comfy sunbeds and the pool is about 27*, lovely and cooling when you're siting in 43*+. Plenty of shade if you want to be in the shade. Pool is on the roof top so its quiet and relaxing. Lifegaurd on duty at all times. Excellent pool toilets with lockers and showers. Poolside food comes from the main restaurant and is great value. Try an exotic fruit platter and I defy you to eat it all! Pool team come round with scented cooling towels in the afternoon and its happy hour for drinks from 5-7pm in chilled glasses. Hotel rooms are nothing less than luxurious. We've stayed on the Executive floor before and this time we were on the third floor and they are all the same quality- clean, immaculate and well equipped. If you ask for anything room service its always done quickly for you. Room service is 24 hours a day and food is good value and excellent quality. The front desk are efficient and helpful and the consierge is a star! Ask him to suggest a place to eat and he will- we went to an wondeful authentic Indian restaurant just two streets away and it was magical. Don't read this anymore, go and book the Movenpick today; you won't be disappointed. :o)

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2007

We stayed at the hotel with our two children (7 and 8). Although we booked a room for 4, the room got only one extra bed and for the other child an additional pillow in the parents king size bed. When claimed at reception we got the information that we could get a junior suite for additional USD 400,- After showing again our reservation confirmation they offered us a big room on the top floor. This floor and the roof were under construction. Work startet at 7:00 pm with quite some noise. After going the first time with the
hotel taxi to town we later asked them to order us cheaper taxis which the hotel denied. On the other hand the overall appearance of the hotel is good, it is clean and the normal staff is very nice and friendly. Very good is the personnel at the roof terrace and the pool.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank minkyminki
Reviewed 29 October 2007

Though our request was booked months in advance, there was no no-smoking room with king bed when we arrived at 3:45am. And though the club was supposed to have closed at 3:30, the band played on until 4:30am, and we were one floor above them!When we were moved the next day to a king on the 4th floor, the no-smoking room still smelled of cigarette smoke accumulated before the change of this room's status, obvious that the carpet and wall paper had not been changed or cleaned.
Internet access was ~US$30/day.
Positive side, the hotel was located near the airport, and a short taxi trip to the older part of town and the up-end shopping malls.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank kfergus
Reviewed 11 August 2007

Was a bit unsure after the reviews, but the price made me decide. Was pleasantly surprised and really liked the hotel, decor, people etc. Only problem was that we had to wait an hour for a room, even though we reached at 3:30pm. The hotel did give us a free drink and all but that was the only hitch. Otherwise, the included buffet breakfast, the staff and service, the cleanliness and attention to detail was excellent.

Would definitely stay here again, knowing that this is in a great location (walking distance from Lamcy and Wafi Mall... though no one walks!) and easy to get onto Shaikh Zayed road to get to Mall of Emirates (30 min), Ibn-e-Battuta Mall (40 min); Shaikh Rashid to get to Burjuman Mall (5 min), Mercato (10 min) or Diera Dubai to get to City Center (7 min) or Festival City (15 min) etc. Took some finding the location as we had rented a car, but once we got it it was easy (trick is to keep watching the signs for exit 56, I think).

Free valet parking was a bonus and there was never a rush here (as opposed to the crazy Sofitel City Center). You could tell the Swiss tradition, and the lobby, hotel etc. was beautiful and looked new. The pool and gym were very nice as well. All in all, don't think of it whether its a 5 star or not. Think of it as a great hotel lacking nothing (except over-the-top luxury) in a great location, making it very easy to get anywhere without any hassle, and above all, clean, neat and very liveable!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family