“very comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #58 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Montreal, Canada
“very comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

this is my second stay , so far it is one of my favorite hotels in dubai
great view of shiekh zayed road and borj , nice breakfast , good location
and amazing service and amazing welcome !!!

only things that are not that perfect is the room service (tried it many times...never good) , and room is not super well equipped (no espresso machine and limited tea variety )
that being said this hotel will continue being my favorite hotel in Dubai compared to my past stays in : the adress , fairmont and oberoi

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurent B, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for your patronage at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai and for taking your precious time to providing us your concerns. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our standards.

Please do let me know in case that I can be of any assistance to you and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai in the near future.

Laurent Bourgeois, Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dxb
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Bad smell from pillows and bedsheets. Bad smell from bathroom. The re epfion lady was contenuasly cansesting for upgrade we told her no we dont want bt she insest OMG such a headache. I like the view ...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

4 Thank Hanadi A
Laurent B, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Everything was perfect
Good price
Nice Lobby , location , restaurants
5 mins from dubai mall
And 10 mins to mall of emirates
The hotel in a heart of shaikh zayed road
Try this hotel and you will be happy

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank Jamal A
Dear Jamal,

Thank you very much for staying at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai recently and for taking the time to providing us your feedback.

I truly hope that we will soon have another opportunity to be of service to you. Please do not hesitate to contact me any time in case you require any assistance.

Riyadh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I booked an apt with the family. Excellent service. responsive despite high occupancy and eid timings. Very friendly atmosphere. The location is super and the food is great. House keeping very diciplined and perform cleaning twice a day. Laundry service is good. One of the best hotels

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was a very welcoming hotel. There are a team of lovely ladies who welcome you and are pleased to offer local advice.
The staff at the bar are friendly and attentive and very professional. (Even though some of the clients in the bar quite obnoxious)
The only restaurant I used was ‘Hoi An’ the service again was very friendly but the food was rather expensive and not that authentic.
The rooms were clean and comfortable as you would expect for a hotel of this standard and price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Laurent B, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Mark,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words. Your comments will be shared with my colleagues as there is no better reward than to be recognized for providing exceptional service.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

with staff like them its easy to serve proper to any customers and especially high end guests. The horizon lounge is neat and nice. The dunes breakfast variety is wide and delicious. The staff is absolutely outstanding, especially Meg, Julia, Andreas... at the lobby there are Ismael and Adi very, very helpful..... we got a car accident during the stay and they served us all the way... beyond the regular hotel concierge service... everything done with the police station... very, very good and professional.
Grace is a really highlight at the horizon lounge..
the location is good and the facilities are nice.
Everybody in the hotel (staff) is very polite and focused.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and thank you very much for your kind words. Your comments will be shared with my colleagues as there is no better reward than to be recognized for providing exceptional service especially to Meg, Julia, Andreas, Ismael, Adi and Grace.

Thank you once again for your compliments and feedback.

Saint-mande, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Nice 5 stars hotel. Amazing lobby, as often in Dubai. Pool and fitness center well equipped and with skill and helpful staff. Quality of reception, cleanness of rooms, cheerfulness and kindness of staff.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family