1,256 results
All reviews horizon club burj khalifa dunes cafe chi spa bo bo horizon level vietnamese restaurant health club pool area an upgrade special thanks on sheikh zayed road excellent hotel wonderful stay city view afternoon tea shuttle bus
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed six nights here on our way back home from Malaysia. Arrived very late in the evening. We had booked a horizon club room and were upgraded to a premier room overlooking the Burj Khalifa. Very very nice room, had recently been redecorated.
Had breakfast once in Dunes Cafe once which was excellent but preferred to eat in the Horizon club room with excellent service from the staff in there. Afternoon tea and evening cocktails with once again excellent service from the staff in there. Always very helpful and very pleasant too.
The one downside was Friday brunch club. Which was extremely noisy due to the very very loud music and very loud expats enjoying their weekend and drinking lots.
We would definitely go again but would avoid Friday.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rustytoo
Nicolas C, Owner at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Rustytoo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

It is appreciated to hear that you found your stay positive and enjoyed the Horizon Club services, food variety and spectacular Burj Khalifa view. It is always rewarding to receive positive comments from our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai in not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

The stay at this hotel is perfect !
No complaints whatsoever !
I have to say that Shahzad Kanwal has a lot of respect for the visitors and always kept our room in great condition ! Keep up the good work

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EBIE24
Nicolas C, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

Dear EBIE24m,

Thank you for you review posted on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad to know that you enjoyed your time here at the hotel.

It is our privilege to be of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai in near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Good:
- Convenient location
- Great breakfast
- Excellent Porters, Restaurant, Housekeeping and Reception Staff

Bad:
- Horizon club is irksome, facilities given away for free to others
- Not for non-smokers: many common areas smell of tobacco including lobby in evenings
- Fairly poor management (junior staff blamed for problems, insisted we spoke to the manager who never turned up)
- Outdoor pool is extremely crowded (all loungers occupied by 10am)

Our experience:
- Paid for (Non-Smoking) Horizon Club Premier Deluxe Room; given a nice corner room on the 40th floor with windows on two sides
- Hallway smelt of tobacco, this carried through to the room with the air conditioning on. Might have been due to a rogue guest as it did improve slightly over the 2 days.
- Paid double for the Horizon Club for “Exclusive use” of the Pool and Terrace on the 42nd floor. It's small - 4 loungers outside, tiny pool/hot tub - so needs the hotel to police access – they don’t (guided tours, people sneaking in, or being granted access)
- Had enough by final morning, when 2 guests were allowed to use the facilities despite clearly not staying in the horizon club (life guard on duty made a phone call for authorisation before granting access)
- The 2 guests proceeded to take over 3 of the 4 outdoor loungers, scattering them around the terrace so no one else would feel welcome (we wouldn't dream of doing this!)
- I challenged the (otherwise charming) lifeguard who immediately appeared nervous, and claimed the guests had already checked out (clearly not true at 9am) – then quickly became flustered, insisted they wouldn't use the pool, etc
- With no answers forthcoming, I complained to the club reception, who asked to put me through to the Duty Manager, I made clear this wasn't necessary
- DM immediately rang our room to assure me this was a mistake and must have been a rogue decision of more junior staff – this clearly wasn’t true, the Lifeguard phoned for authorisation – I again asked for an honest explanation before 12:30pm
- At 12:20pm we went to check-out and catch our flight – though were asked to wait to speak for the Duty Manager – after 15 minutes of waiting there was still no sign of him, so we left
- Have received no apology since for wasting our time, and no explanation on why it happened, just the standard "we've spoken with the staff involved"
- Really not impressed by the blame culture / lack of mgmt accountability, won’t be going back

Room Tip: Don't pay for the top rooms / Horizon Club, you are better-off paying more for standard rooms in a nicer / newer hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank T4E
Nicolas C, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear T4E,

Thank you for taking the time to write your experience with us on TripAdvisor. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our service standards.

I very much regret the inconvenience the incidents that occurred may have caused you. I can assure you that the necessary corrective action has been taken to ensure this does not happen again. Please do not hesitate to contact me via nicolas.chammaa@shangri-la.com so that I may address your concerns in person with you.

It is our privilege to be of service to you and thank you once again for the feedback provided.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I was really satisfied with your hotel, service and helpfulness.

The room was very comfortable in every way, so I really felt at home. It was clean, stylish, roomy with excellent service in both bar where I had lunch and restaurant where I had dinner. Food was beyond good and great value for money and service in both places attentive and efficient. Room itself was well equipped.The pool was true to photographs upon the hotel's website, large, clean and warm too, it was a great way to start the morning.The maids ensured my room was immaculate on a daily basis and the receptionists were very friendly and also extremely helpful. I was impressed by all of the staff within the hotel, especially by the Guest Relations-Service Leader Alina Kalkan. She was able to arrange everthing. I could go on but suffice it to say I was very pleased with my stay, and although short and sweet this time.

I will certainly be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com
1  Thank mustafapalabiyik

Dear Mustafapalabiyik,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We were glad to hear that you’ve had a positive experience with us. Your comments are very much appreciated and will certainly assist us in our efforts to continuously improve our hotel offerings. It will be my pleasure to share your thoughts with the team, special mention to Alina, in recognition of their dedication and hard work.

Thank you again and we sincerely look forward to having you back in the near future!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed at Shangri-La for 5 days. We took up a studio room.

Clearly, the choice of the hotel and the room turned out to be one of the best decisions we took when we were planning for the trip.

Situated on Sheikh Zayed Road, within 10 min to Dubai Mall/Burj Khalifa, this hotel provides you with all that you would need for a happy family holiday.

We were very happy for example with the thought that was put in, in giving us a room that answered to our needs given that we were 2 adults and 2 kids, not to mention the amenities that were provided as well. Each and every item that was placed in the room, especially pertaining to the kitchenette was very well thought through for a family of ours. The fresh fruits that were provided every day were a great touch by the housekeeping staff. We enjoyed them.

The breakfast buffet had an amazing spread and kept us busy across the 5 days with every day spent in trying something new that we hadn't managed to savour the previous day.

The staff were very courteous and helpful and did all that was required to make our stay very comfortable. Each and every one of them helped us in every manner possible, be it at the lobby/reception area or the breakfast buffet or for the shuttle bus to the mall or elsewhere. Wherever we went, their smiles and their courtesy put us at ease.

I would like to especially mention Kazi, who went out of his way to enquire for our comfort and any other requirements that we may have, given that we were travelling with 2 children.

Last but certainly not the least, we had a fabulous view of the Burj from our room, which was an added bonus.

I wish them all the success that they truly deserve.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Sayan B
Nicolas C, Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Sayan B,

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your remarks with regard to our hotel’s services and facilities. Your comment about our colleagues, especially Kazi, is very much appreciated.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai in the future.

With best regards,