“Great Location”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
Ranked #63 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We stayed for a long weekend back in July and had a wonderful and relaxing break. The rooms were very spacious. If I had any complaint they did not have any tea or coffee making facilities in the room. The mini bar was also empty, but I am sure if I asked they would have stocked it. We had a lovely sea view room with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. The balconies are a little close so not very private but still quite nice. The pool and beach areas were fantastic with plenty of sun loungers. The staff are very friendly and couldn't do enough for you. They provide cooler boxes with ice cold towels and free mineral water which is a nice touch especially during the summer time! The beach/pool restaurant serves delicious food. We also enjoyed the breakfast which had a good selection to cater for all tastes. We ate in the Italian restaurant one evening, and although it was quiet with little atmosphere we could not fault the food and service. The bar area was a little quiet for our
liking so the second evening we ventured out. The hotel is in a great location to visit other restaurants and bars. We would definitely go back for the pool and beach restaurant.

Room Tip: Sea View Room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yorky001
Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Booked a 5 day break to Dubai for husbands 40 th birthday - treated like royalty. Hotel was amazing ( were meant to stay somewhere else but got transferred due to over booking !!! ), staff were the best we ve ever met, hotel room was pure luxury and the views amazing.
I would not have thought it possible to fit so much into such sort time.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maria310
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for a short break in a club room. Serviced 3 times a day, towels and linen replenished often. excellent service. Breakfast and Small snacks available in club lounge.

Excellent comfortable beds with luxury linen and towels.

Clean pool with plenty loungers, towels and cold water available. Very clean pool area with plenty of space to swim.

Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jay088
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This Hotel will not disappoint anybody, Nice room, great location, nice beach, and very good service. Go for the Camel ride right on the beach. Location is great if you want to go out at nite

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I have stayed in different Ritz carlton hotels, I have to say this wasn't the best one. The check in took us approximately 75 minutes because the room was not ready, this usually does not happen with RC hotels!. The hotel service in general was very slow (room service, restaurants, check in/out). The location is a bit far away from the financial district and Dubai mall, I suggest you stay in Ritz Carlton DIFC if you want to go there everyday. But it's located right on The Walk, a very nice place with many restaurants and shops on the beach. The beach was very nice but so quiet I was almost alone there for two days, so don't expedct any "action" on the beach. The swimming pool was more alive with so many families with kids.
No in-room Wi-Fi, only cable connection, wi-fi only in the lobby, and is free.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We have just returned from 3 nights in a Club room at the Ritz-Carlton Dubai and had a brilliant time. I have to admit that we were a bit worried having read some of the recent reviews, but now we've been I can't really understand some of the negative things being said here. We have stayed at several other Ritz Carlton's around the world and things here were up to the same high standards. Excellent, warm and responsive service throughout the hotel, but particularly in the club lounge from Joseph and Charlene who are superb. Beautiful lobby and public areas. Rooms are very big and nicely appointed with lovely sea views. Luxurious bed, fluffy towels, sparkling large marble bathroom. Perfect housekeeping with an excellent turn down service. Pool area is beautiful, with comfortable loungers and a constant supply of ice cold water and cold towels. There is a nice 'tropical feel' to the pool and gardens, with mature trees and many colourful birds flying around.

Building work next to the resort was not audible during our stay, and not visible from the pool areas or room. We are very wary of building work at resorts from previous bad experiences, but I am pleased to say this had no affect whatsoever on our enjoyment of the resort.

Club lounge is excellent, although the 4 daily food presentations are fairly average in quantity and quality. Free soft and alcoholic drinks including Cattier champagne available all day long until closing at 22:30. A great deal, with some very reasonable room rates available during the summer months.

Overall we had a fantastic stay would happily recommend this hotel. We visited the Madinat resort, which was very impressive to look at and had a nice beach. The pool there was packed with lively kids however, and the ambience of the pool side was definitely less relaxing and plush. We were glad to go back to the RC bubble!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scruffybags
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I can't heap enough praise on the Ritz-Carlton Dubai- I only spent a single weekend here, yet as I left the hotel after three days, six staff were waving Goodbye as my taxi pulled out. By the second day, I was already being called by name. It seemed nothing was too much for the staff at the Ritz, really catering to your every need- weather it be wanting an exotic spice in your tea (which they went to get from out of the hotel) or just more shampoo, the Ritz's staff were always ready, there, waiting and anticipating your needs, yet allowing you extreme privacy at the same time. I have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, and although the manor-house style design of this property is very appealing, it is tired in some spots and does need refurbishment- but you have to really, really keep your eyes open to notice it, and it would not put me off going back again for one minute. On the second day, while swimming, I badly hurt my knee after being swept in a wave and landing wrong on the Ritz beech- the rescue team not only got me out of the water, on the beech, onto a strecher, but as we got back to the hotel room, they were busy cleaning me up ensuring I was comfortable, then allowed me to hop into the shower while a medic team waited in the room, then they sorted me out with first aid, got me a doctor, gave me free very high quality cruches- also, on the beech I had a plastic bag full of things- T-shirts, paper, etc that got into the sea after the accident. The Ritz staff laundries all the clothes in there, dried off the paper, all free of charge- that night, after getting into the room there was a card signed by the entire front desk, and choclates in a leather box. Extraordinary. I really would reccomend this to anyone. It's as real as a Ritz-Carlton gets.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family