“True 5 stars”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
Ranked #53 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The perfect hotel for a family vacation. Great rooms, the hotel has recently undergone a renovation. I like everything: service, location, of the disadvantages like to note that the quality of food has deteriorated, especially for children, Arabic and asian food for children is unusual , and the Italian restaurant is so mediocre that we avoid it. But the problem with restaurants in Dubai can be solved very simply, a lot of restaurants here are for every taste

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ivan793

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Its a very beautiful hotel, the rooms are spacious and everything you would expect from such a hotel. The breakfast was the only let-down of the stay: totally confusing as to whether to order from the chefs who largely ignore guests and produce very average to poor eggs to order or the few waiters who don't seem to be taking food orders.
However, the rest of the staff are incredibly welcoming and really do go out of their way for guests: Jonathan in concierge was incredibly helpful in finding an optometrist for me, Elena at the front desk very kindly arranged for an even later late checkout and Suranga in the lounge made my last evening very special with a small gift of sweets. Also, I cannot remember her name but the lady in the gym was wonderfully helpful and gave a great tour of the gym and spa facilities which I was so happy to take advantage of. Kudos also to the Blue Jade team who presented a superb dinner full of little surprises.
The little touches of the cookies and dates throughout the hotel, gorgeous flower displays and genuine friendliness of the staff make this a truly great hotel and it's on my list of places I intend to visit again.

Room Tip: a club room is well-worth the extra spend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank totoKenya
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Good location , good lobby and beach area...
few thing for improvement..

room is very outdated for that much money can easily get better rooms on other beach resort hotel... like one and only westin all the jumeirah hotels.
the service at door was good, but service at breakfast was disappointing...
the brunch is shocking the service is not personal at the splendido restaurant.

in overall there is lot more better hotel in Dubai to spend money...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank ADS K
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We (Myself and the Wife) spent a week at the hotel and took on board the suggestions by fellow trip advisors of upgrading to club class - brilliant suggestion well worth the additional sum for the extra's it brings -access to club lounge and the beverage and meals.

The staff from the person who opens the taxi door when you first arrive to the doorman,cleaners, beach staff, waiters and management are all 1st class - who ever selects the staff is a genius at picking people who thrive on customer service.

The Grounds and Beach are superb - no negative comments at all - the balance between a relaxing stay and a hotel/location with plenty of things to do was achieved.

Whilst all the staff are excellent - look out for Godfrey a geniune smile that stands out ....and always ready to refill your glass at just the right moment !

Room Tip: Couldnt fault the room we had on the ground floor facing the beach - however may try the upstairs be...
1  Thank Patridge
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed here for a week 06 - 13Oct in a Club Room (new building).

We have been in the area before, staying in the hotel next door for 2 times, so this time choose for The Ritz. A good choice, all around.

Rooms are very modern, most of the functions (lights, curtains) are computer operated. I heard some people "complain" that they had to get used to all of the computer options on the dashboard, we as well, but it is not that bad.

Definitely worth taking the Club Access, as all other reviews indicated. Friendly staff, good food and drinks, nice ambiance, positive all the way.

Good service all around as well. One morning, I reported a broken light in the bath room and when we returned from breakfast, it was already repaired.

Hotel grounds are big, well decorated and maintained gardens and enough chairs all around. The main pool may seem a bit small and not that efficient build (free form). One or 2 more entry / exit points would be great. Nevertheless, it was a very pleasant area to relax, swim, talk, etc. In fact, we met up with many friendly people in the pool, gosh, we were chatting away the day. Even at full capacity, it was very quiet and peaceful. Life guards were very alert, certainly when children moved in form the kids pool to the main pool.

A big plus to the pool staff, who were very attentive and supportive, not just when you arrived, but all throughout the day. I won't spoil the extras you get, but it was original. We never experienced such service before, thank you guys!

Do notice some oddity when you visit the public beach and want to re-enter the hotel grounds. Almost every morning, I got security chasing me on my tail upon the first few steps back on hotel ground. With a big list in their hands, they asked for identification, name and room key. I understand they want to do a thorough job, but the same guy saw me walking out half an hour earlier while even exchanging a good morning (and there were not thousands of others doing the same thing). Well, at least you can be assured the hotel grounds are well secured...

The only bit of critic was upon check-in. Yes, we were very early, as we indicated to the hotel upon reservation. It seemed we woke up some junior person from his first night duty shift. I can understand the room was not ready, but nobody bothered to escort us to the Club Room or provide any directions or help, we were just left alone at the reception, together with our luggage. So, we had to find our way around the hotel ourselves.

All in all a wonderful stay. We will definitely visit again. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are definitely worth it.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I've been a bit tardy in writing this review. This was my second time staying at the hotel. I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights back at the end of August and beginning of September 2013. My last visit was before the new addition opened. This time I was placed in a room in the new wing of the hotel. Besides the extreme heat, my stay was superb. I booked a room with Club access, which was a great idea since there was always delicious food available from 7am - 10pm. The wireless internet access in the Club was a bit slow, so I paid for wireless access in my room. I believe the charge was approximately $80USD for 7 days of unlimited access. To me it was worth it since I needed to complete some work.

The new wing of the hotel is excellent. It is more spacious than the older wing, and the grounds are larger. There are three pools in the new wing, one for children, one for a mixed crowd, and then the private adult only pool near the La Baie Bar/Lounge. SInce it was extremely hot when I was in Dubai on holiday, I would go out to the beach around 8am, but then return to the pool (which is chilled) by around 10am. The adult pool has a swim up bar which is quite lovely. The staff at the bar are excellent and very attentive to your needs whilst in the water! I should also say that the beach access from the hotel is very nice. There is a towel shack at the edge of the property where you can pick up your towel from the hotel staff if you want to sit out on the public part of the beach. If you stay in the hotel reserved area, the staff will assist you in claiming your chairs/umbrella. The beach was nice and clean, but the water was HOT and I saw tons of fish and purple jellyfish (be careful they swim right up to you and will sting)!

The Club was excellent as well. The new Club in the new wing is very spacious and relaxing with views of the beach. The gourmet food is delicious and is changed frequently. One can basically eat all meals in the lounge and never go hungry or off of the hotel property to eat. The best part of the lounge however is the staff. I should mention Marco from Italy, as he was very helpful and his conversation was great since I was travelling alone. He also helped me to mail several postcards back to my family and friends. Top notch service, 100%. In fact the entire staff of the hotel was quite attentive and helpful throughout my stay. From the doormen to the cleaning staff, everyone knew my name and treated me as if I lived there at the hotel.

Nevertheless, this hotel is definitely one of the best places in Dubai for a beach holiday, even in the middle of the hot UAE summer. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome and the grounds of the new wing as well as the new room are excellent. I should note however, while I was there at the hotel, the old wing was closed for renovation along with the pools in the old wing. I assume once the renovations are complete, the old wing will reopen, making this hotel even more excellent.

I will definitely return again for my future holidays!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the new wing on a high floor for the best view of the beach and pool...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank c2u4ze2im
Reviewed 26 October 2013

3 couples staying for a week. Found all the staff extremely helpful and friendly.
We chose to upgrade to the club level, which was excellent, for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, and evening canapés, most importantly all alcohol was free, which is such a bonus as it is so expensive out there !!!!
Free Internet in club room and reception only. Bedrooms/bathrooms were just lovely with tea and coffee making facilities.
Plenty of restaurants and nice shops just outside hotel.