“Understated Luxury”

The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai
Ranked #63 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Arrived in the evening and had a personal check in in the Club lounge over a refreshing drink of our choice. Room and bathroom excellent-both large and spotless. Club lounge serves American breakfast, light lunch, afternoon tea and hors d'ouvres and all included in the Club price. Drinks both soft and alcoholic served from 12-2200. This alone makes the upgrade to club a no brainer. Staff so courteous and welcoming, they just could not do enough to make your stay memorable. 6 pools-we only used the family pool as it was the biggest. Exceptionally clean and well maintained as is all the hotel and grounds.
If I was to look for a couple of criticisms............
One would be that although most drinks were available, there were a few noticeable exceptions and if those are your poison then you may be a little disappointed. We both like a Campari and soda before dinner and Campari was not available and we would both have liked a brandy with our coffee in the evening and this was not available either. So beware you may have to compromise on your tipple. The sparkling wine is prosecco and very nice it was too. Champagne was an extra cost and there were some complaints but I think this was just snob value.Also (and this is nothing to do with the hotel), there is a metro line being constructed along by the Royal Meridian next door. There is no dust and nothing to see but there is a certain amount of noise. This did not bother us or 95% of the guests but there were a few making a fuss-totally out of proportion with the problem I would add- but nevertheless were making their complaints well known to anyone that would listen. But these people were in my opinion professional moaners and were without doubt looking for some form of 'freebie' for what they considered an issue.
All in all an excellent holiday ad would return in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Go for Club room on the 5th floor with sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jackielear
Write a ReviewReviews (2,445)

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Last year we stayed at the jumirah beach hotel and I didn't think I would stop anywhere better but I have to say the Ritz Carlton has for me .
What a truly amazing hotel. Great check in, our room was ready even though we were early. We had a club room and it was stunning best hotel room I have stayed in . We had a stunning view that I will add as a photo . Two so comfortable double beds as we have a 9 year old son and the bathroom was massive and as other people have said great bath tub with TV which my son was impressed with . The walk in shower was huge with 3 different choices of showering.
So glad we chose a club room as the club lounge was excellent . Breakfast you were spoilt for choice and as we stopped for 10 days the chef remembered what my son ordered for him to cook every day which was nice. The club lounge is well worth it lovely and quiet most of the time and plenty of room. The only thing I did notice was a few inconsiderate parents with young children who chose to play TV program's for them rather loudly on their tablets when the club lounge rules clearly ask you to keep phones and I pad s etc to minimal noise. The food you get in there is great, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner and whatever you want to drink from coffee to prosecco . The food is like snacks finger sandwiches , sushi , snacks but they do put hot dishes on too. The staff in there are lovely and I would like to mention Mika who helped us a lot and Godfrey who had a lovely smile and brought us plenty of drink s and Shahzad too .
The pool is lovely and there are plenty of beds for everyone and the water in cool bags is a lovely touch along with the cold towels that are brought round , fruit and ice pops. Godwin looked after us very well and put our beds ready for us to relax on.
There is a kids club but our 9 year old found it alittle babish for him but they do stuff in the fitness centre and he did a class especially for children his age and loved it.
The beach is stunning but there was quite a lot of jelly fish and it did put us off swimming in it .
We ate in the splendido restaurant and service was excellent but I was disappointed in the food. We also ate in the Blue jade which was very tasty food but found the restaurant lacked atmosphere . We were disappointed too that if we wanted a alcholic drink with our 9 year old we could only sit outside on the terrace in the lobby lounge and it was alittle too hot.
The hotel is close to so many things to do a walk down the Jbr walk which there was a lot of roadworks going on while we were there so we didn't get the full potential of it. The marina is nice too and massive we never made it all round and has a lovely mall.
I can't praise this hotel enough for all the staff , the cleanliness and how relaxing it was and I can honestly say it's the best hotel and room I have ever stopped in and will definatly be returning when I can afford to go back to Dubai and hopefully the other side of the hotel will be finished and open then not that it affected our stay at all while we were there but expect it will be even better then when we return.

Stayed: June 2014
9  Thank WestMidlands3
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

We've just returned from the hotel and I would highly recommend it , having stayed in 4 other hotels in Dubai we felt this hotel was great , the location is fantastic right on jbw where you can walk within a few minutes to lots of restaurants , cafés and the cinema , it's only a 15 minute walk to the Marina too which has a big mall . We stayed in a club room , definitely book that it's worth the extra money , you can get unlimited alcohol from 12 till 10pm , snacks , lunch , afternoon tea , free wifi , the staff in the hotel are outstanding in all areas including the pool guys , lifeguards , door staff and the rooms are gorgeous , with a free standing bath with a TV at the end and the beds are sooo comfortable , I would highly recommend a stay here and would love to stay again ..... You can also get to Dubai mall easily by taxi and the mall of Emirates is 5 mins away if you want a small luxury hotel with great service then you can't go wrong ...

Stayed: May 2014
6  Thank sezDoncasterEngland
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We have stayed there a few times now on our way to Europe
It a great hotel staff are good
The bed are alway comfortable
Food is great
In a great location as well
The bar and pool area is great there's a few pools so if you want a quieter pool with no kids the bar pool is great
Great beach out the front as well
Nice place to have a few days

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gogirl53
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from the Ritz Carlton and I have to say we will definitely be returning. The hotel is excellent and the location is superb. We travelled with our daughter who is 7 and she thoroughly enjoyed it. The only negative thing we could possibly comment on was the fact that one of the pools with the childrens slides was closed. We took advantage of the Club Level which we thought was great, all the food was excellent - well worth the extra. As for the staff, they were all brilliant and couldn't do enough for you. We all felt totally spoilt. The room was beautiful, and my daughter loved bath with the plasma TV.

Room Tip: Definitely Club Level
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Scarlett36
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Saw mixed reviews after booking but needn't have worried, we had the best week.
Beautiful rooms in new wing, outstanding club lounge, amazing staff, 3 pools, a big general pool, a children's pool and even an adults only pool which was superb. Not the flashiest, glitziest hotel in Dubai but high quality and everything we wanted and more. The team working there really are top notch and do everything they can to ensure you have a brilliant holiday. Sad to be home and saving up already! The icing on the cake for us was the club lounge so always somewhere relaxing to go, left feeling we had made new friends, not just other gusts but also the loveliest people who work there.

Room Tip: Club was worth it.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lindagornall
Reviewed 25 May 2014

There was nothing that I could find fault with while my family and I stayed here. We mainly stayed here as we didn't want to get under the feet of my cousins and their families while we visited.
The rooms were beautiful, the location was great and the staff were friendly. I wouldn't mind staying here again as I had no problems here I didn't really spend a lot of time at the hotel or looking around it as I was there to see family.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family