“Most amazing hotel ever!”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #30 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Madison, Wisconsin
“Most amazing hotel ever!”
Reviewed 24 October 2011

When I visited Dubai, my boyfriend surprised me with a booking at The Burj Al Arab.... From the moment we arrived, we were treated like royalty. They greeted us by name and took us to our room- which was spectacular! My mouth dropped when I saw the room... I had seen it for years on the Travel Channel, but I couldn't believe it when we walked in. Our butler showed us around and we also had fresh fruit, a box of cookies, an unlimited mini-bar, an a bottle of wine waiting for us (all of which was complimentary). Also, the bathroom had full size Hermes products for him and her- I loved my perfume so much I have now bought a bottle for my mom! Our butler was amazing, he even brought me a bouquet of flowers, a card, and a cake, thinking we were on our honeymoon (not yet, wink). He helped us book a reservation at the Japanese restaurant where they also knew us by name as we arrived. Came back to our room and found turn-down service, with more flowers and chocolates... The views from our room were spectacular, we could see all of Dubai. The next day, we went to the private beach and had lunch there before checkout.

On a side-note: we also went for tea at the Skyview Bar and it was one of the BEST meals of my LIFE! I am the pickiest eater so I really wasn't sure if I'd like it, but it was amazing! We were served complimentary champagne to start and then chose what tea we wanted. I chose a strawberry tea and it was on the best drinks I've ever had- I crave it to this day! The meal started with a small dish of cream with fresh berries, and the next course was a hot salmon dish which was delicious. They then brought out a tray of unlimited sandwiches- with about 8 or so choices (egg sandwiches, roast beef, cucumber, etc). Next was an array of desserts which were all scrumptious. Waiters were very attentive and asked if you needed more of anything. Finished the meal off with yummy chocolates. The view was amazing- could see all of Dubai as well as the "world islands." We ended staying for a few hours just talking, gorging ourselves and taking in the views. I had such a wonderful time at tea, I wish I would have book us tea twice. I really believe it was worth every single penny paid, it is one of my fondest memories of Dubai.

All around- this is clearly the most amazing hotel, and it deserves it's reputation as the world's best hotel. I think it certainly is a bit "pricey," to say the least, but it is definitely worth it if you can afford the treat.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank rachelrabit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed here for two nights. To say I was mesmerized by the size and beauty of my room would be an understatement. My room was literally the size of a small home in the United States. We had one of the locals show us around and tell us about the history of the hotel, the previous hotel on the site, and the oil tankers that were once in the area prior to the man made island being constructed. The hotel is absolutely fabulous!

2 Thank BigWash
Pune, India
Reviewed 18 October 2011

One of the finest natures beauty in Dubai. The rooms are great which circulates as well. TheBathrooms i really liked the most and the Restaurant is amazing.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We have wanted to stay at the Burj since first visiting Dubai five years ago. We had previously stayed at Mina A Salaam and looking up at it from the beach we wondered what would it really be like to be a guest there. Well – now we know, it is a very different experience.
We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite (thank you American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts). The room was enormous with two lounges, formal dining, a bar, kitchen and office area. A grand staircase led you to the two bedroom suites, which were bigger than most people’s lounges. We enjoyed the automation in the room including the multi-level lighting, the television coming out of the unit in the bedroom so as not to obscure the view. The extras in the room, including the beach bag, the jandals and the toiletries were great.
We spent one day on the beach – you do have to go here by golf cart but this is not an issue and it was worth it to swim in the Arabian Sea. The beach staff are attentive and there is a regular supply of ice and iced water to keep you hydrated. We spent the other day by the pool and this was equally enjoyable – the staff at the pool were also excellent. We had two complimentary massages included in our rate and these were of a very high standard. The spa and indoor pool area was out of this world - having the separate identical facilities for men and women.
The only letdown was the food – the breakfasts were ordinary and we also did the Culinary Flight . The first course was excellent – but it was downhill from there and Junsui did not measure up at all. I was a bit disappointed by how this was handled both at the time and when we were subsequently asked about this by our butler. If I were doing it again I would eat one night at Al Muntaha and one night at Al Mahara. Our culinary highlight was room service – which was setup very elegantly in our formal dining room and served by a tuxedo clad waiter, the food was of a high standard.
Our only other gripe was how long it took to clean the room but this is probably due to the fact that it is such a large apartment. The beds are very comfortable and the pillows are the best we have experienced. Turndown service was a treat – with unexpected little gifts left on the pillow, like a purse sized Hermes perfume.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kiwi75
sydney traveller
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Ok so I didn't pay for this, and would not have- $2,000 per night is really hard to justify anywhere! So what do you get? A vast 2 level suite which is hard to use all of- expansive sea views, all necessary facilities, although I believe internal pool not much chop- I swam in the warm and safe ocean where I could see the sand the whole time!
Really not that special, hence my four stars. Of course it's better than that, but I just can't see the value. I would need it to be sub $500 before I would consider paying to stay there.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank nathanwaks
Merida
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The most luxurios hotel in the world we got there with such expectations after deciding that we had to stayed there for at least one night
As you can expect the facilities the room, the private beach, sauna, spa, gym etc is just amazing luxurius every detail the architecture is very arabic very well put togheter it amazing how they mixed all the color and forms and still look so good
We had one problem the attitude of our so cold buttler was despicable they treat us very bad, I can not understand why I was so desapointment they had no right to treat us that way
And wost thing is that we ask for a late check out at 4 pm, they said they can do 2 pm and the next day at 11 am called us and said that they changed their minds and check out time will be at 1 I could not believe it
If you take that experience apart is totally worth it but I have to tell you if I had to chose i will go back to the Armani where the attention of my life style manager as they called was impecable
I just finish reading some of the bad reviews just to se if some one had the same problem than me but most of them are because they don't let you inn unless you've a reservation for any of the restaurants or staying in some of the jumeirah hotels plz if you want to go consider this

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gferraez
Tehran
Reviewed 9 October 2011

After a wonderful 8 days in Jumairah Beach Hotel, in Beit al Bahar, the stay in burj al arab was a total disappointment.
The smiles are fake. The people are rude and everything is shabby and worn off.
The bed actually did smell!!!!!
The breakfast collection was not good and the inside infinity pool was very small ( why was it so small?!!! they had plenty of space!!!!) and the out side pool was also very small and a dead bird was stuck near the pool.
Nothing like it's name. If you want luxury stay in Beit al Bahar. You don't ever wanna leave.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family