“Dream Vacation!”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #24 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Simply awesome hotel. Personalization starts right at the airport itself. I had booked a Rolls Royce for pickup and was received very well. The welcome at the Lobby was also great with the staff greeting you with local fanfare. I had leased a Lamborghini and it was standing right next to the lobby, felt like a star each time I took it for a drive with all the photos taken :). everything was well arranged for and seamless. The Room on 21st floor was simply breathtaking, goldplating everywhere including restrooms!!. I had brought my 2 kids along and everything from baby monitors to car seats where provided. The floor Butler was very accomodative to all our requests including a late check out. Each restaurant at the Burj Al Arab was distinct , we tried everything from the Sahneddar to the skyview bar. The best part is no matter how high you set your expectations on this hotel, the experience will beat it! Will surely visit again.

Room Tip: We had the 21st floor view was great facing the Marina. You get two floors so more views!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KarthikKuppuswamy
Write a ReviewReviews (4,468)

Reviewed 4 April 2014

My husband and I spent a few days in Dubai in March celebrating our silver wedding and decided to have afternoon tea in the Skybar. What a fantastic experience. The hotel is amazing and has the WOW factor from viewing it from the beach to stepping inside, no expense or detail has been spared.
Our afternoon tea was booked for 4.30pm on the 20th March, we arrived at 4pm and spent 20 minutes admiring the interior befor being whisked up to the Skybar via the external lift by very helpful staff.
The interior of the skybar is reminiscent to me of a 1950's ocean liner with a lot of white and strong shades of blue and green, it is very striking. We were shown to our table which was sadly, not actually in the window but we still had a good view and there was never a problem if anyone wanted to get up and wander around to admire the fantastic views and take photos of the palm or downtown Dubai, we were lucky as the day was clear so the views were amazing.
We spent 2 hours eating afternoon tea....which was an amazing and very special experience. A glass of champagne and stuffed dates to start, followed by shortbread with fresh berries, slice of roast beef with pomme puree and mustard sauce (which was an unusual course but very tasty), a selection of sandwiches in a variety of different breads, a large selection of fancy cakes, scones and a dessert (camel milk brulee), finally a sorbet to cleanse the pallette, all washed down with as many different teas as we cared to try. We were also presented with a red rose and a lovely chocolate mousse gateau to celebrate our anniversary by our very atttentive waiter and given a small box of chocolates as we left. The price may seem expensive at first sight but the whole experience took us three hours and the quality of food and attention was definately 7 Star so if you go to Dubai this is one thing you should do if at all possible.

1  Thank spr1965
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This place will knock your socks off!! Our two story suite was decorated like a 15 Million dollar penthouse with 7 star service to match. The amenities are fabulous and the architecture is stunning throughout the hotel is amazing. The food is great but expensive. The wine list is not for the feint of heart as the prices average about 8 times more expensive that similar wines in the US.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tom F
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Wow!_ I always wanted ti go here And so treated myself last week...nb!!_ you must book or you won't pass security gate....I booked for cocktails in the skyview bar for my aunt and myself...we were given our time and told very politely there was a minimum spend which worked out approx £42 each .....from the moment we arrived and greeted by doormen I felt like royalty....we took lift up to the skyview bar after being memorised by the amazing fish aquarium in the reception. We were shown to our window table and quickly given gorgeous canapes...we chose our cocktails and decided not to look at prices it was like monopoly money! But I probably will never be back ..... 2 cocktails later and a scrummy prawn snack it worked out for me approx £80 but I have no regrets....the music...atmosphere.. Attentiveness of staff...view was worth it....if I win the lottery I'd live to go for afternoon tea and see the view in daylight

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank dew44
Reviewed 2 April 2014

What can you say when you are presented with the best meal in the best hotel? My boyfriend and I went to Dubai for my 50th birthday, and I knew I wanted to celebrate with a special dinner. This was an excuse to go over-the-top. I did want to eat at the Burj, but I could not decide which restaurant to choose from. When I discovered the Culinary Flight, a truly magnificent dining experience, I knew this was it. Since each of the 7 courses are served in a different restaurant of the hotel, you basically get to try all of them (and dining here is the only way to see the hotel if you are not a guest). While the menu is limited, the portions are full sized - not tastings. Go hungry - and allow at least 3 hours. We would have liked to start earlier to see the sunset from the Skyview Bar, where you have your first course (the pre-dinner cocktail), but you cannot arrive before 7 pm, as they serve high tea in the late afternoon. The food was divine; I was able to have a piece of steak in the seafood restaurant, and I must say it was the best beef I ever tasted. As much as we did not want to fill up on bread, you just can't help it, as each course has a different variety. Ordering is done in advance, so the wait is not too long. Each restaurant was stunning, and the service was impeccable, as they escort you from place to place and address you by name. It makes it very personal. They even went over and above on two counts... we received a complimentary lamb dish, courtesy of the chef of Il Iwan, the Arabian restaurant, as well as an additional dessert to commemorate my birthday. Beware, it is not cheap... but then again, if you can justify the expense for a special occasion, then I highly recommend the Culinary Flight. This is not your ordinary meal... it is a truly wondrous dining experience to be savored!

2  Thank Linda A
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My partner and I were recently in Dubai to celebrate both our bithdays (18th and 23rd March) and went to the Burj Al Arab for afternoon tea in the Sky View bar. I knew the view would be quite good but......it was absolutely spectacular! We were really quite lucky to get a clear day with little to no haze and the views over the Palm at one end of the bar and Downtown at the other were something that has just got to be experienced!
The service was impeccable and the content of the afternoon tea was also perfect.
From the champagne welcome through all the courses of sandwiches, pastries, dainties and scones, everything was done in a way that made you feel as if you were someone really special, especially when my partner was presented with a birthday cake and a single red rose, she was absolutely thrilled.
For anyone visiting Dubai, I would say that this has got to be on your list of things to do, it is absolutely perfect, it was certainly an experience we shall never forget, and so glad we did it.

1  Thank BigCatJaguar
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I can't think of a single thing that can be improved upon. The service was impeccable. The suites are impressive and perfectly outfitted with simply the best of everything. The staff remembers you and your preferences of the smallest detail are noted and integrated. The property is its own enclave of luxury that you may never feel the need to leave, but alas business is business and most people will either need to or want to explore the surrounding areas. Our clients were attending a three day event off site and the events concierge manager handled every detail expertly, specifically
some rather intricate transportation and security needs that were seamlessly executed. In short this property is a global gold standard, as one would expect.

Room Tip: For obvious reasons the higher the better. Splurge wherever you can, they make it exceedingly worth...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business