“Evening Cocktails”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #24 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 23 April 2014

A fantastic evening we had with friends, I have read a couple of reports about afternoon tea here not being anything special (& a friends view) so booked cocktails, there is a minimum spend, just turning up is an event! supercars - including a titanium Rolls Royce on parade, (you do need a booking to just get past the security barrier to let you on the island), make sure you bring your print out of it, I booked direct and had to change my booking a couple of times & the reply's where dealt with within a few hours with no mistakes, the ambience is amazing, our waiter was very polite - background jazz playing, and cocktails fantastic night. Will go back there one day. (perhaps for afternoon tea so I can make my own mind up!), An amazing place!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ian T
Write a ReviewReviews (4,468)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

It is grand, grand and grand from beginning to the end! They even give you Hermes toiletries. Food was superb! Actinides for kids nearby at wild wadi was joyful. Security was tight. They screen everyone coming in and out. Our room is like double storey house! Huge and grand! Everything is gold plated. We had a corner suite and the view is insane. We could see the palm islands and beyond.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WinWarrior
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I was lucky enough to experience afternoon tea in the Burj al Arab and I can safely say the experience was amazing! Everything from the food to the service to the general atmosphere were fantastic! Definitely a treat worth experiencing I will certainly be recommending!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2014

It is not just a hotel, it is an experience. At least one should stay here once in a life time! Our family had a wonderful stay in this superior hotel. Everything was perfect at this place, the rooms, restaurants, facilities and the people. We will never forget this wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Lovely bar and the cocktails were amazing. I would definelty recommend the Mr Big Cosmo!!! We decided to order some food too which was good when it came. I think they forgot about our order. The waiter apologised though. I also mentioned this on the review sent from the hotel after our experience. Which they promptly replied with a personal apology. Definelty a must do if you are in Dubai to say you have been and to see it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Burj Al Arab has always been a very special treat for me when I visit Dubai. This time I booked High Tea for two. The setting was beautiful and we were seating by the window as per my request. Food and drinks were great, but we were very unlucky with the service. My daughter's drink was spilled on the table and it was taken away although she did not finish it. No replacement brought it. They have forgotten to bring our cocktails with the second course. The drinks were simply left on a side at the waiters table for about 15 min and, when I pointed out that I saw them there while on the way to the bathroom, our cocktails were brought in but the ice was melted and they were simply not good. I had to ask to bring a freshly made one. Then the tea arrived much later than French pastries. Everything took a long time although the hostesses were pleasant and polite. I was disappointed by the whole experience and would give it 3* for service, compared to my previous visits when the service was absolutely impeccable. I wanted to give my daughter a true Burj experience on our last evening in Dubai and it was slightly spoilt by poor service level.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JuliaB2012
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We visited Dubai and had on Sunday brunch at the Burj Al Arab hotel in their restaurant located on the 27th floor. We arrived at the hotel, car valet service was available, we could visit the hotel and than with a great view of the Palm we moved on the lift to the restaurant. the fodd was of the biggest variety experiences so far, great service and wonderful views. if you visit Dubai take this option it is the value worth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family