“High Tea in the Lobby”

Ranked #30 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Gold Coast
“High Tea in the Lobby”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose High Tea in the lobby so we could get a glimpse of inside this lovely hotel and this was the cheapest option! Unfortunately as we had children with us we couldn't have our High Tea in the Skybar right at the top of the hotel. Nevertheless, the experience was divine. From the moment we walked through the doors to the moment we left, the service was exceptional and the ambience grand. I actually made a big mistake with our time as I had changed it but gotten mixed up so we arrived at 5pm instead of 3pm (and we had booked months in advance). However, there was no problem at all- they still seated us and served us as if nothing was wrong. The lobby is located on the ground floor and if you look up you see the unique centre of the hotel and all the balconies. The food was generous and excellent in every way. It takes about 2-2.5 hours so when we left it was dark and we didn't need dinner. The concierge asked where we were going on our way out and got the golf cart driver to take us to the nearby souk as desired. All very organised and friendly. Very refreshing!

Room Tip: we didn't stay at the hotel- just booked High Tea
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Peterborough
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea for my daughters birthday. Food was amazing, 7 wonderful courses, the steak was amazing! would highly recommend! The staff were very polite as was the overall experience. When we come back do Dubai would definitely come again.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tina M
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been to have afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai during a
recent visit. The service was attentive and we had a lovely table overlooking the sea.
The cuisine was excellent and this is one way of seeing this iconic hotel otherwise
one is not allowed to go in.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 999RKO
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have travelled considerably and thought I'd stayed in some luxury hotels, but this moved the bar to a whole new level. I was here as part of an incentive trip, and totally felt like a rockstar getting out of a Lamborghini to be greeted by the very friendly staff. Check-in was quick where I was introduced to Mohammed, who would be my butler for the next 3 days.

The room and view was if nothing else spectacular, with a gorgeous bath and shower, finished to the highest standard. The pillow menu was cause for a chuckle but no detail left out.

My only reservations were that the food possibly wasn't as 7 star as the setting, and the prices for drinks incredibly steep, but then you are in the worlds most luxurious hotel.

Would I come here again, yes, but again for a short stay. This is definitely one for the bucket list. Definitely an experience not to forget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Justin T
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Everything was absolutely fabulous until the morning and breakfast at Bab al Yam - we could have been in a different hotel, a 2 or 3 star hotel. It was a truly dreadful experience; the chef who boiled my egg had obviously missed his first day at chef school and couldn't even manage to boil an egg properly. The choice was abysmal, nothing looked inviting or tempting and the room was ghastly. It was quite weird seeing very glamorous people in such a setting. To be fair we did have a choice of Asian or western breakfast maybe we should have chosen Asian?? Someone from management should go to this venue for breakfast in disguise and they would really be in for a shock.
This little problem would not stop me from going back to the Burj it’s a legend and rightly so – we had a fab time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Souxie
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A wonderful 7-star experience. A must do if one is visiting Dubai. Attentive
and efficient service; spectacular views; excellent cuisine; iconic building. A long time dream fulfilled. Would go again and certainly recommend

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Margaret J
Horsham Uk
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I are used to staying in five star hotels and this is the finest hotel that we have stayed out the room quality is superb.
However I guess in a bid to keep the hotel elitist they have really ramped up the prices for food and drink. One glass of wine was £50 and a bottle of wine starts from around £150. Champagne is £100 a glass. My wife and I had two meals in the hotel and both were around £450, I expect outstanding service and food quality for £450 ( £225 each), the service was good but not great and not the best ive had and the food quality was average for a five star hotel.

The hotel is very small compared to other jumeirah hotels, I have stayed at jumeirah beach hotel and eaten and four others, I would say that you get good service in all jumeirah hotels and the price increase for the Burj just isn’t value for money.
I guess you need to look at who is writing the review before you consider if this affects you, I paid £4500 for a two night stay at the Burj, it was a great experience but I could have had five nights at another Jumeriah hotel for that price.
The hotel is small if you are thinking about a break to this hotel, I would recommend just two nights, maybe stay five nights at another Jumeriah hotel or have a look JA Palm tree court hotel for quarter the price you get amazing service and you can book all inclusive options.
Summary,
Magnificent suites, Good service good food, small hotel with only five restaurants and very very expensive drinks. I would not recommend this hotel to friends unless you are very wealthy and can afford to waste money. I class myself as well off staying only in five staff hotels but this just isn’t value for money and I won’t be going back. I would go back to almost every other jumeriah hotel. I can live with the price of the hotel rooms it’s the food and drink prices that leave a bitter hard done by taste in my mouth.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family