“amazing weekend”

Ranked #30 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“amazing weekend”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

ive had the chance to use the facilities of the hotel for two days since my friend is staying there for 4 days ( I was there June 7-8). i never actually experienced the service when i first visited the hotel way back 2005.

My friend told me it was worth every penny he paid since everybody was nice to him( mr. evans). On my part i enjoyed the beach most especially whenever the guys bring something to quench our thirst (lollies, fruits etc). Also, the pool on the 18th was awesome with its view and amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dubaidiner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (492)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Picked up at the airport in an S400 Merc air conditioned bliss as it was 42C outside! Arrived at the Burj to be greeted by three costumed ladies offering dates cold towels and flowers. Check in was done discreetly by our lady escort who took us to the suite where all formalities were done. We had a Panoramic Suite on a corner with extensive views. Greeted by one of many personal butlers who were always at our beck and call. The suite was amazing. Gold is the predominant colour in the hotel and the suite was on two floors. A bottle of Louis Roederer greeted us. Outstanding areas of the suite were the mozaics in the huge bathroom, the bed which our butler assured us was the most comfortable in the world - and it was. Mirrors above the bed - say no more. It was all so wonderful we spent the whole day and night without leaving the hotel. Afternoon tea in the lobby was great and there are so many restaurants to choose from. We opted to dine in the suite. Yes it costs an arm and a leg but such luxury comes at a price and the service was so good with everyone knowing our name. Going back tomorrow night to try the restaurant on the top floor. Can't wait.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites but well worth paying a bit more for the panoramic so you get the views and pro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank barcodes
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

From start to finish this 7* hotel is jaw dropping. My stay was a surprise from my husband I was instantly wowed by the friendly staff who cater for your every need. Greeted at the hotel entrance accompanied to our floor and introduced to our butler. Who showed us round our two floor room. With the most amazing staircase. The room amenities are of the highest. We opted for in room dining which was served A le carte ..just wowed by all. Breakfast we opted for continental/far eastern. The chef was outstanding catering for us a selection of items prepared just for us. The hotels private beach is lovely ice box provided and the most comfortable sunbeds with plenty of shade for guests to use. Overall what a stay certainly one I'll remember forever

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 June 2014

"Well needless to say that the Hotel has an amazing facade. The building is beautiful and completely worth to see. Inside is crazy, lots of colors, a bit too much for the eye, but is something that you have to see at least once in your life. Super luxurious, lots of gold. Nice shops, top brands. Staff uniforms match all the hotel style and it gives that Arabic nights feeling.
We booked for an afternoon tea at the Skybar. We were told that we should come 15 minutes before so we can ensure a window table. We arrived a bit earlier, so they didn’t even wanted us to go upstairs but we had to wait downstairs. No idea why. 10 minutes prior the booking they allow us to go up. We took the lift and reached another waiting area. We were about 20 people in that area, super crowded. They did another waiting list and a lot of people ended first than us, however we came first than everyone else. We had to wait for about 15 minutes. The restaurant was empty, all the staff just standing there doing nothing and all the guests standing in 10m2 area waiting. A bit unnecessary. I believe the staff thinks that they are doing us a favor so that basically we need to subject to their silly rules and policies. We got a window table, with luck. The food was OK, never 5 star level. Very normal in a coffee break in an event at a 4 star hotel. Nothing was special or luxurious. I got a fly in my champagne, they changed it right away but they wanted to charge me for it. Hello??? What was that all about. The waiter even said to me, yeah but we changed it. Well sorry, but that’s the minimum I believe. Staff is always trying to argue with you.
Service was super normal, staff is not friendly. They are super arrogant and some even are not that well trained. And this comes from someone with wide experience in luxury service.
Bill came, we wanted to split evenly in all the cards. We paid everything and apparently everything was fine but then I got a text message saying they did a second charge for something like 510AED extra. I was a bit surprised that they use your card without you being there. First, that’s not legal since I didn’t authorize it, second it’s not my problem if you didn’t charge the right amount from the beginning, train your staff better. We had to come back, then they were expecting for all of us to take the cards out AGAIN, reverse all the payment and pay again…. At the end we decided to go only with 2 cards to avoid further disasters. The person in charge, apparently the manager, didn’t have a clue how to use the Micros so basically we had to wait for about 20 minutes for a transaction that can take 3 minutes. Anyway….
I’m not sure if the restaurants are better, but avoid the afternoon tea. Is not worth the money. If you want to see the hotel from inside make an appointment in one of the shops, or a restaurants, maybe you will have better luck. If you want to see the view, for 150AED more you can get a 20 minute helicopter ride around the city and you can see the palm and world islands clearly. I would definitely choose that instead. I did it and that is absolutely worth every penny.
They sent me the survey, which i filled, i got a reply back from the manager, copy paste sample, clearly. Better nothing. I asked them to please check on the refund of my card, and no one got back to me. What a service."

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
37 Thank Knej C
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Fantastic experience coming to the Burj for afternoon tea. Yes the price seems steep but it is worth it as it pretty much is all you can eat so its not a case of once you have eaten the small portion of sandwiches then your done, they will keep topping you up.

Stunning building and while your in Dubai it is a must see even if just from the outside.

Booking in advance is essential or you will miss out !

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kodak747
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have stayed at Burj many times since it was opened ... The hotel hasn't lost any of its brilliance, impeccable service and attention to the guest details (except maybe the amenities in the bathroom wich have differed than when it first opened- Hermes toiletries in abundance and big sizes)... Always enjoyable and perfect... the suites are excellent two floor apartments that are ample for whatever you want to do... just superb...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank M A
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

My second stay at this hotel, the 2 level suite was lovely, with a sea view.
Hermes toiletries in the bathroom is a wonderful touch.Pillow choice is also a great idea. The mini bar is very well stocked with anything you need. The butler service is great as is concierge.
I love the decadence of the hotel and the sky bar is great for cocktails and people watching.all the resteraunts are great and choices are vast.
If I had to find a fault it would be the pool area can get cramped, but hey the beach is near,and well attended by the staff there who keep iced water topped up. Will be back.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple