“25 stays and they still surprise me”

Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #25 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
hupsi
“25 stays and they still surprise me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I see a lot of people at BAA who have booked a cruise with one night in BAA, or a five-day stay in some Jumeirah hotel and one night in BAA. This creates the only disadvantage: in the entrance hall, you are being photographed all the time.
Besides this, BAA is still truly number one in the world. This is my 25th stay now, and no matter I stay by myself, with friends, or my family: they always find something new to surprise me. Each time, no matter the type of suite, it looks like it was just refurbished.
Fluctuation of people is high, but not to the disadvantage of the hotel. Using it for business or vacation: if you have the money, do it! I have heard that some people live in BAA constantly since it opened, and yes, I would do so, if I had the funds :)
Please no whining about pricing and etiquette ... if you cannot spend 150 USD for a simple bottle of wine, then you are not the target group, and you might not enjoy the venue.

Room Tip: Dont go for "palm view!" right now as you will overlook a big construction site opposite t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hupsi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I felt like a queen...This place took care of my every need. The ambiance, the food and the surroundings and staff were well worth the price. Yes , it was pricey but if you can afford one night it is magic. we Loved everything and had lobster and fresh food for all our meals. I took my son for high school graduation and we loved every minute. It was a trip of a life time...THe staff was amazing..i never opened a hotel door, elevator door..they knew my name, met me at the front door and took me to the airport in a huge mercedes..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank pgf04
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We have been there in the month of march in al muntaha restaurent ,during booking we have requested a window seat but unfortunately it was booked , but the staff somehow managed to provide the window seat during our deserts,the view was amazing ,staff was polite and helping ,window seat view was amazing and its onc ein a lifetime experience.must recommend worth going

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Prices are commiserate with service... and yes they are both amazingly high! This place was worth every cent! Light bites and drinks were nearly $700 and yes I would do it all over again! To see the city in this way is a must!

Dubai is an amazing place that you must experience on every level from the souk markets to the Burj Khalifa, top to bottom if you will.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I went with my dauther and niece I don't have words to explain the excellent hotel , food , service and amazing view no wonder it is 7 starts, to many friends told me that it is one of the best hotel in the world and I agree with that

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

ive had the chance to use the facilities of the hotel for two days since my friend is staying there for 4 days ( I was there June 7-8). i never actually experienced the service when i first visited the hotel way back 2005.

My friend told me it was worth every penny he paid since everybody was nice to him( mr. evans). On my part i enjoyed the beach most especially whenever the guys bring something to quench our thirst (lollies, fruits etc). Also, the pool on the 18th was awesome with its view and amenities.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dubaidiner
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Picked up at the airport in an S400 Merc air conditioned bliss as it was 42C outside! Arrived at the Burj to be greeted by three costumed ladies offering dates cold towels and flowers. Check in was done discreetly by our lady escort who took us to the suite where all formalities were done. We had a Panoramic Suite on a corner with extensive views. Greeted by one of many personal butlers who were always at our beck and call. The suite was amazing. Gold is the predominant colour in the hotel and the suite was on two floors. A bottle of Louis Roederer greeted us. Outstanding areas of the suite were the mozaics in the huge bathroom, the bed which our butler assured us was the most comfortable in the world - and it was. Mirrors above the bed - say no more. It was all so wonderful we spent the whole day and night without leaving the hotel. Afternoon tea in the lobby was great and there are so many restaurants to choose from. We opted to dine in the suite. Yes it costs an arm and a leg but such luxury comes at a price and the service was so good with everyone knowing our name. Going back tomorrow night to try the restaurant on the top floor. Can't wait.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites but well worth paying a bit more for the panoramic so you get the views and pro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple