“Still got it!!”

Ranked #24 of 541 Hotels in Dubai
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Still got it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We booked a summer dream package direct with hotel. Picked up from airport in a big Merc with driver dressed all in white and a big smile. Choice of music in car Great start. First 2 nights in DAR then last night in the Burj.

Best words ever on checkin ' You have a free upgrade!!' Massive panoramic suite with great views, room was perfect as good as all reviews say.

Second stay here so the butlers gave us more space but very attentive. to the pool and comfy loungers and attentive pool guys. hotel seemed very quiet which made it feel even more exclusive.

I must say that the meals let the place down! compared to the feel of the place and high levels of service the food is just average for a 3/4 star hotel so at the burj with its high prices its not good value in fact somewhat disappointing. That included breakfast and Junsi restaurant which also lacked any atmosphere. Skybar great.

Couples massage included in price. This was great, amazing Spa and great massage loved it.

Easy check out and we did so late with no fuss-so professional.

It was my birthday and the Butlers brought me a full bottle of Champagne, cake, card and fruit. Great touch of class cheers

In summary to stay here is amazing, go elsewhere for your food-they are catering for the passing trade of hotel tourists and is suffering as a result. Great experience splash out!!

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jfrancombe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (466)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I went with my husband, our 10 year old twin boys and my friend who lives in Dubai. She suggested we book in for the high tea as it was a once in a lifetime experience. We were not disappointed. The food, drinks and service was top notch and the inside of the building is absolutely amazing. My boys had to keep pinching themselves, as did I!

We later had drinks in the bar on the top floor with friends and it took was amazing.

Yes you pay through the nose for both, but it's not like anything else you would experience anywhere else. I'm glad we did it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank physiegirl
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed here every year since it opened, sometimes twice a year. This hotel prides itself on service, there a none better. What most people fail to see is just how friendly this place is. Because of its reputation many think its stuffy, you couldnt be farther from the truth. Its actually intimate.

If your staying you will experience superior service and surroundings. The suites are immaculate. You have your own butler on call 24/7. The restaurants are all excellent.

If you are planning to come for a meal only you dont really see the hotels heart and soul. But your Dhiram is as good as anyone else's so enjoy the experience. It wont be cheap and it will cost you, but you will have a great meal.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Wobblegob1961
Barnsley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Booked for dinner at the Al Muntaha restaurant and was emailed a confirmation with a list of what to wear, long sleeve shirt, jacket for men, no open toed footwear for ladies.
On arrival at the hotel we were shocked to find it was like Westminster Abby...full tourists (mainly Chinese) taking photos of everything and everyone.
I though "well at least the restaurant would be different..." I was shocked to see many other dinners dressed as though we were in a glorified McDonalds, the chap at the table opposite had no jacket and short sleeves and his wife had on a pair of flip flops......we actually felt overdress..!! after a "consultation" with the manager he very quickly booked us into the Al Mahara down stairs and the restaurant where a jacket is compulsory . Food fantastic and staff exemplary just what I was expecting (but a bit more expensive)
Conclusion:-
Its a tourist attraction and only they say its 7 stars.... glad I had not booked to stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank simon a
Harrogate
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed one night at the Burj for our wedding anniversary, with our children aged 10 and 13, in between other hotels in Dubai. Wow!! What an experience. The room was amazing - they upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite - a massive apartment, with beautiful views. We were completely overawed by the size. The service was impeccable - nothing was too much trouble, although discreet and polite. The pool was peaceful after the Jumeirah, although drinks were hideously expensive but we expected that. We really did feel it was value for money as a treat. The children loved the experience, and the sweet trolley that came round during the evening.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Welovemajorca
hupsi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I see a lot of people at BAA who have booked a cruise with one night in BAA, or a five-day stay in some Jumeirah hotel and one night in BAA. This creates the only disadvantage: in the entrance hall, you are being photographed all the time.
Besides this, BAA is still truly number one in the world. This is my 25th stay now, and no matter I stay by myself, with friends, or my family: they always find something new to surprise me. Each time, no matter the type of suite, it looks like it was just refurbished.
Fluctuation of people is high, but not to the disadvantage of the hotel. Using it for business or vacation: if you have the money, do it! I have heard that some people live in BAA constantly since it opened, and yes, I would do so, if I had the funds :)
Please no whining about pricing and etiquette ... if you cannot spend 150 USD for a simple bottle of wine, then you are not the target group, and you might not enjoy the venue.

Room Tip: Dont go for "palm view!" right now as you will overlook a big construction site opposite t...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank hupsi
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I felt like a queen...This place took care of my every need. The ambiance, the food and the surroundings and staff were well worth the price. Yes , it was pricey but if you can afford one night it is magic. we Loved everything and had lobster and fresh food for all our meals. I took my son for high school graduation and we loved every minute. It was a trip of a life time...THe staff was amazing..i never opened a hotel door, elevator door..they knew my name, met me at the front door and took me to the airport in a huge mercedes..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family