“Paradise - a dream come true!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
Ranked #24 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Norwich
“Paradise - a dream come true!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at The Burj for a week in May with my husband and I can honestly say that I have never stayed in a hotel as fabulous as this in my life and probably never will again unless I go back of course! I could go on forever but the comfort, service, food and entire experience surpassed any expectations I might have had and I felt like a princess or a week. We are going to book again for the same week next year and I am counting down the months already.

Room Tip: There is no bad room!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (463)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Not what I expected from a hotel claiming to be the only 7 star in the world,the decor has begun to be dated and even the staff seem to be a notch below the other hotels.A must visit when coming to Dubai but not what I expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank boxingtraveller
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This really is one of the best restaurants I have ever eaten in. We booked for dinner in the sky bar restaurant at 8pm, and arrived at 7pm for drinks before hand. The hotel itself is stunning, and truly worth its seven stars. The dancing fountains in the lobby, the fish tank walls by the escalators, it really is beautiful.

Upon arrival in the restaurant we were seated at a lovely table and were brought a little stand in the shape of the hotel itself with nibbles on. All were exceptionally tasty and we were impressed to see these were also refilled during our drinks.
We were taken to our seats in the dining area, and I do not think there are words to do this restaurant or the staff justice. The cannot do enough for you in any shape or form. The complimentary amuse bouche was to die for. For starters two out of the three of us ordered the scallops. These were absolutely stunning, and the largest starter portion for scallops I have ever seen, they were worth every single penny, cooked to absolute perfection. For mains I had the fillet steak which was cooked beautifully and the side of veg is rather large, so probably best for two people to share as we did.

At the end of the meal myself and the other lady present were given a bouquet of roses which was extremely kind and a lovely touch at the end of the meal.

The wine was delicious, the staff were exceptionally hard working and courteous, and the chefs cooked the best food I have ever tasted. It has been a number of years since I last visited this restaurant but I am certainly hoping to revisit in the next few months. People may say that it is expensive, but you are paying for exceptional quality, stunning environment, beautifully served food and very hard working staff giving the standard of service that something extra that you do not find elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Entrecote21
Maspalomas, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Rooms are amazing, all suites with bedrooms upstairs, all you could ask for in this 7star gem. However! The food was average and the wines were ridiculously priced, why do they try and rip you off like that, the hotel is pricy enough. Once in a lifetime is enough, but glad we went, if not to say at least we'd been there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Anne_G230095
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I have read some of the negative reviews on here for the Burj Al Arab. So I was worried about the service I would receive but from arrival to departure the service was first class. Me and the other half arrived from Mauritius and it was close to 130am so we were totally shattered. We arrived at the hotel and were shown to our suite on the 14th floor. A lovely butler asked if we wanted a quick run through of everything. He was aware that we had been on a long flight so told us this could be done the following morning. We opted to have the tour there and then.
The room had a bottle of lovely sparkling grape juice, Hermes set for her and him and more towels than there was any need for.
The suite was massive and apparently this is just a "normal" room at this hotel. We tried the jacuzzi the following night and again it was amazing. Pure luxury! We had dinner in the Al Iwan restaurant which was again very tasty. The chef Tariq was amazing and cooked my other half vegetarian dishes that were not on the menu. Tariq is what all hotel staff should be friendly, courteous and goes the extra mile.
The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in for a long time.
It was my other halfs birthday a few days before and the butlers on our floor came in with a bouquet of roses and a chocolate cake for her and wished her a belated happy birthday. This was totally unexpected and just gave her the biggest smile.
Yes for some people this hotel might be to opulent. To many things going on but for me it is perfect! From the appearance to the staff this truly is a 7 star hotel. Just a shame we only stayed 2 nights.
I would advise that if you do book a "normal suite" ask for a room with a view of the Gulf as the views at sunrise and sunset are amazing!

Room Tip: Pick a room with sea view. Lunch and dinner here are expensive you are probably looking close to £10...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Londonto
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

High tea at the Sky Bar was just beautiful, great food and service and the view from our table was fantastic, looking right along the beach. The food was exceptional, everything was done to perfection, its expensive but something you should experience if you are visiting Dubai. The hotel is beautiful with a gorgeous waterfall cascading down steps and a fantastic aquarium you can look at whilst using the escalator.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

My wife booked high tea for us at the burj al arab and it was good. Got a glass of louis roederer brut champagne which was good. Pastry with berries on was very good. Chef's carvery which was beef with mash which was perfectly prepared. Selection of different breads which was only ok...not great. And then some sweet things like fine desserts, cakes, scones, etc. and it ended of with some sorbet. They offered many different teas from all over the world and some nice coffees and iced drinks. Service was good and staff was very friendly. Everything was good...I was just expecting more for it being a 7 star hotel...maybe you will only experience the other two stars if you stay as a guest at the hotel☺.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple