We've just got back from a Christmas and New Year trip with our kids (two and half and five years old) to the Jumeirah Beach Hotel. We had a great time. This hotel, probably not the type of place we would have stayed pre-kids is absolutely perfect now we do have them. Anyone who has young kids knows that if they are happy and have stuff to do on holiday, then you're happy. Jumeirah Beach has it all and for everyone.
The food is a highlight. Lots of great restaurants. We found Beachcomber was particularly good when we were with the kids, a fantastic Asian buffet with a mini-buffet for the kids and no need to dress up.
The beach itself is big and immaculate, the sea clean.
The pools are plentiful and some have slides and fountains for the kids to mess about in.
We have never seen so many lifeguards on patrol. Your kids are safe here.
The free Wild Wadi water park access is a nice touch. The rides were a bit full-on for my two right now, but I loved them....
We didn't use the spa but the gym is big and very well equipped.
And of course the weather is pretty much nailed on to be sunny every day.
But the real highlight of this hotel is the incredible service by an army of willing, smiley and clearly very hard working staff. Nothing was too much trouble. They made our stay.
In fact, the only slight gripe was that our Executive Club room on the 13th floor (all have amazing views of the Arabian Gulf and the otherworldly Burj Al Arab hotel) was a bit of a squeeze with the four of us. It was not one of the newly refurbished ones - which they now charge more for, so the decor was a bit dated but everything worked fine, so no problems there.
All this doesn't come cheap obviously. Best bet as others have mentioned here, is to go half board so your food is covered.
Having the 'executive club' bit does gives you access to a mellow pool and beach area and afternoon tea which sounds like a non-event but is actually nice to have with sandwiches etc for the kids.
Overall, we thought it was a fantastic hotel and would definitely return. If you have kids (and can deal with a bit of Dubai bling rather than that little chic boutique place you used to stay in) Tuscany / France / Spain, you'll love it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaviews, the latest technology and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. Talise Fitness with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, climbing wall and Spa offers an exceptional leisure experience for all the family. 21 restaurants, bars and lounges are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travel Republic (UK), Jumeirah International, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah