Stayed at the JBH for a weekend to celebrate my anniversary.
I first came across the Jumeirah chain through their excellent pavillion dive center and a few years later through their La Parilla & Segreto restaurants. All 3 places were ozzing service, hospitality, perfection of execution and luxury beyond description. I chose JBH seeking those exact qualities but was a bit let down.
Let me get the pros out of the way:
1- large room with balcony and superb views of Burj and marina
2- room and bathroom finishing very nice and shows that a lot of thought went into material selection
3- digital "smart" control of everything from lighting to drapes from the bedside
4- amazing "total" experience as you have access to all Jumeirah's properties and restaurants and pools through golf carts. You can not leave the premises for 4 or 5 days and have everything you need.
5- relaxing pool, gardens and views
6- quality of sleep was amazing thanks to quiet room, comfortable bed and great climate control.
7- lovely breakfast at Beach combers and even better at Latitude. The hostess showed us our table then took us for a tour of the buffet.
With all of the above, I still could not give the hotel 5 stars as I was let down by a few things.
1- the check in process was too "casual" for a property of this caliber. Despite being a Sirius member it took a bit to find my reservation on file. I was not given the warm welcome I am used to get from IHG or SPG chain hotels as a member of their respective loyalty programs.
2- the room despite being recently renovated, lacked a bit of luxury.
3- the service by the hotel staff in general was very variable. Some were very helpful, cheerfull and welcoming while a couple were downright arrogant. I returned to the hotel at 3 am in the morning and there was a security person at the elevators who asked for my room number, room occupancy and asked to see my room key. It was certainly rude. One of the waiters at the buffet breakfast refused to help my wife with a glass of water and told her that she can get it herself from the buffet. Very disappointing. Lastly, I was called by name just once. I really appreciate a personal service where the concierge or operator mentions my name when answering my call.
4- Valet service never managed to have my car ready at the door despite calling 5-10 minutes in advance.
4- Value. You can get better service at other properties in Dubai such as The Palace & Intercontinental for a significantly lower price.
This was my reviw of JBH. A very good hotel that could be excellent with more staff training in hospitality and customer care and more competitive prices. I would not mind coming back again but I will look elsewhere first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel is located directly at the Arabian shores. All rooms and suites feature seaviews, the latest technology and complimentary Wi-Fi. Guests receive unlimited complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark and Sinbad's Kids Club. Talise Fitness with its tennis courts, watersports, gym, climbing wall and Spa offers an exceptional leisure experience for all the family. 21 restaurants, bars and lounges are renowned for genuine, true hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jumeirah International, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Jumeirah Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Beach Resort
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Beach Dubai Hotel Jumeirah