“Fabulous property with variable service.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #49 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
“Fabulous property with variable service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the JBH for a weekend to celebrate my anniversary.

I first came across the Jumeirah chain through their excellent pavillion dive center and a few years later through their La Parilla & Segreto restaurants. All 3 places were ozzing service, hospitality, perfection of execution and luxury beyond description. I chose JBH seeking those exact qualities but was a bit let down.

Let me get the pros out of the way:
1- large room with balcony and superb views of Burj and marina
2- room and bathroom finishing very nice and shows that a lot of thought went into material selection
3- digital "smart" control of everything from lighting to drapes from the bedside
4- amazing "total" experience as you have access to all Jumeirah's properties and restaurants and pools through golf carts. You can not leave the premises for 4 or 5 days and have everything you need.
5- relaxing pool, gardens and views
6- quality of sleep was amazing thanks to quiet room, comfortable bed and great climate control.
7- lovely breakfast at Beach combers and even better at Latitude. The hostess showed us our table then took us for a tour of the buffet.

With all of the above, I still could not give the hotel 5 stars as I was let down by a few things.
1- the check in process was too "casual" for a property of this caliber. Despite being a Sirius member it took a bit to find my reservation on file. I was not given the warm welcome I am used to get from IHG or SPG chain hotels as a member of their respective loyalty programs.

2- the room despite being recently renovated, lacked a bit of luxury.

3- the service by the hotel staff in general was very variable. Some were very helpful, cheerfull and welcoming while a couple were downright arrogant. I returned to the hotel at 3 am in the morning and there was a security person at the elevators who asked for my room number, room occupancy and asked to see my room key. It was certainly rude. One of the waiters at the buffet breakfast refused to help my wife with a glass of water and told her that she can get it herself from the buffet. Very disappointing. Lastly, I was called by name just once. I really appreciate a personal service where the concierge or operator mentions my name when answering my call.

4- Valet service never managed to have my car ready at the door despite calling 5-10 minutes in advance.

4- Value. You can get better service at other properties in Dubai such as The Palace & Intercontinental for a significantly lower price.

This was my reviw of JBH. A very good hotel that could be excellent with more staff training in hospitality and customer care and more competitive prices. I would not mind coming back again but I will look elsewhere first.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maher A
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to detail your feedback following your recent stay at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. As a company, we greatly value both positive and negative feedback that we receive from our guests as we constantly strive to maintain the highest standard of service, I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I have noted all your comments and passed on to the management team to look into in and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,113)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is the best hotel in the world without doubt. We visited Jumeirah Beach Hotel for the second year running and have had the most wonderful stay. It is very rare that i am speechless, but, the service we received last week during our stay was incredible. Nothing in this hotel is left to chance, attention to detail is sublime. if you are unsure whether to treat yourself to some time in the sun do it Dubai is great but this hotel will make your stay unforgettable. We were all very sad to leave the kind staff there who helped in any way they could to make the stay perfect. The hotels main restaurant Latitude is out of this world. Selection and quality was great. Jugdish the chef from India is such a nice chap, nothing is too much of a problem. Front of house team to name but a few Anis & Manny superb leadership and Sandeev is just the best waiter going, the kids loved him. Down at La Veranda restaurant by the marina beach you will get superb service from Nathan & Usthman. its guys like these that make this hotel and Dubai what it is today, without them they are just shiny lumps of glass and metal growing out of the sand. Thank you so much and see you next year for sure

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patrick D
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am pleased to read that you had another wonderful stay with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

As they say, a place is because of its people and so is Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with our colleagues Jagdish, Sandeev, Nathan, Usman, Manny and Anis and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had an another brilliant holiday with us.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Stayed here at the end of November early December with my husband for almost a week to celebrate a number of things. We have a toddler but we left him home with his grandparents. the resort is FANTASTIC for children though so do take them if you are looking for a family beach resort!
I have stayed in a number of 5 star hotels (in US/Europe/Dubai and East Africa) and I think the service here is second to none, they absolutely make sure you have an enjoyable time!
The only reason the rating is 4 rather than 5 stars is that until they upgrade all the rooms and also redecorate the lobby it can't compare with other 5 star hotels in Dubai (and East Africa where I have stayed) of which there are plenty, at the same price. I was also disspointed that despite requesting a room on a higher floor we were first offered one on the 3rd floor - rooms between 3rd floor and 10th floor can have a balcony but don't go for these as they are dark, the balcony design is the white bit at the front - it reduces the light coming into the room and also smokers tend to take these so the rooms may have old smoke smell. Don't bother going for a standard balcony room and if it is offerered and you have paid for Executive or Premier, then you should demand a renovated room.
Eventually the hotel gave us a room on the 14th floor which was lovely but I would have hoped that they would give us a renovated room seeing as the hotel was at around 70% occupancy. I didn't push it for a renovated room as they also let us take the room way before 3pm check-in so we could rest and refresh and that was super nice to do that.
The older style rooms are fine if you are not used to 5 star, but they do lack USB docks and no TV in the bathroom, some general wear and tear on the carpets and fittings. It doesn't make much of a difference but if you have paid a lot for a wonderful experience you would prefer the higher standard! In any event, the service was 5 star and made up for it all.
What I love about the hotel: their toiletries in the bathroom, smell lovely! and includes detergent (so you can rinse your swimmers) and sun cream; the turn down service is great - there was always a chocolate, or foot cream etc left on the pillow which was so nice!; fresh fruit in a fruit bowl; good coffee machine (nespresso pods style); hotel proximity to the beach; access to the Executive Lounge (on the 24th floor, fantastic for the fireworks display on national day!); breakfast on the beach at Beachcombers, wonderful beach side towel and bar service; fantastic breakfast bar choice and long breakfast hours; the buggybus to Mandinat for the evening; abra rides at Mandinat, the luxury airport transfer service. When we told them the things we were celebrating we were surprised with a wonderful complimentary cake and refreshments in our room! The staff at the Executive Lounge are so great, friendly, chatty, good advice about Dubai and really eager to please! The sports and health spa facilities are amazing, they have a great kids soft play area, and family pool. If the hotel is not full, don't bother traipsing to the executive pool. Anyway the beach was so relaxed we actually stayed beachside rather than pool-side.
We will visit again, it is a great resort with great service. And next time, I as a returning customer I will insist on a redecorated room!

It is expensive though but for that you get so much including the beach just there! Location -wise it is much better located than the Palm - if you do want to visit old Dubai, Deira Bur Dubai and Downtown (for Burj Khalifa) - then Jumeirah is much better located as Dubai traffic is crazy and it can take 30-40 minutes to get from Burj Khalifa to the old souks, even more time if you are staying at the Palm! Don't miss viewing the fountain display outside Burj Khalifa and the huge aquarium in Dubai Mall (if you see that there is no need to visit Atlantis' aquarium) I mean, there are like 5 sharks in that aquarium! Typical Dubai, just wonderment....Rather than going to at the top at Burj Khalifa book At.mosphere, one floor down from at the top and you can enjoy a meal or cocktails with amazing views. You also get to see the amazing Armani hotel lobby!
Enjoy the playground that is Dubai!

Room Tip: All rooms have view of sea and Burj al Araba. Don't bother with balcony facing rooms as too dark...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank renmonyo
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Positive reviews from patrons like you will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Lahore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Fantastic view.........the white décor is so smart. Staff very helpful and friendly. As we went there was not space available where we wanted to sit. But the staff was very helpful, very courteous after a while as soon as one table got available he attended us and made us comfortable. We loved the place. Planning to hold a party there soon. Wanted some information on holding the party, The Manager attended us. Great Customer relations...........Enjoyed the drinks and appetizers. Keep it Up!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rehana Y
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and you were overall happy with the services provided at the resort.

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

Our opinion is a bit mitigated. We had a reservation beginning of September for a few days, the hotel was not full. Our first impression was very good, but on checking the details, we saw mildew in the shower, the water faucet coming off in the bathtub etc, which seems absolutely inadmissible in such a hotel. After complaining we were immediately given another room, which was completely redecorated. This seems very poor politics: the hotel is not fully booked, but they try to sell you the old rooms, whereas there are free renovated rooms available.
Otherwise the hotel is pitch perfect: breakfast and evening buffet is extraordinary, the view is fantastic, good free offers to try different activities, great pool, close to the Wild Wadi. Of course it is a huge hotel so do not expect anything individual, but the staff is very helpful and very nice.

Room Tip: definitely insist to have a renovated room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank holzgreit
Dear Guest,

Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided at the resort. I have noted your comments with regards to room allocation and faulty bathroom and passed on to the management team to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future.

Guildford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

I have made a couple of trips to Dubai when we have held meetings at the JBH. Very large hotel with great meeting facilities.

Bedrooms are all large and well appointed with sea views. Breakfast buffet extensive and high quality. Going through a little bit of refurb (possibly needed in places) but does not get in way of overall stay

Room Tip: No need to ask for a balcony. Worth the upgrade to concierge for lounge and private pool
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very delighted to learn that our team was able to leave a great impression on you with the superlative service. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they all are happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us.

warsaw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

One of the best functioning hotels ever been to!

+ Fantastic beach and views to Burj al Arab hotel
+ Impeccable service throughout hotel
+ Nice gym
+ Surprisingly good restaurants and 360' lounge
+ free access to waterpark
+ 24/7 buggy (electric club car) transportation to nearby Madinat (lot of restaurants, shops and bars)
+ big, well functioning rooms with seaviews
+ comfortable bed, spacious bathroom with shower cabin + bath
+ lot of nice things available in the room, such as flipflops, beach bag, washing powder, waterbottles etc..
+ good cleaning and evening service
+ great staff
+ gym
+ good location
..... etc

- some of the rooms older style (hotel build in 1997 i guess..). Didnt bother a minute though.
- upon checkin could tell more about shuttles, buggy service, programs etc
- prices bit of heftier side

If you have a chance to book, do it and dont look back :)
Someones have been complaining of construction noise - this we didnt experience on 16th floor. Seems like it can disturb a bit if you stay on lower floors on left side of the lobby.

Already dreaming to return here...

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Besides the unparalleled views, design, and facilities, we understand that it is our service from our colleagues which makes a memorable experiences for our guests. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements about the resort. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they all are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.