“2nd time visited, still the best”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“2nd time visited, still the best”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

having previously visited in feb 2013, we were so impressed we went again this year in middle of January for 5 nights.

we were again really overwhelmed by the whole experience. the management made a special effort as during booking they had found out it was our second time. they seamlessly sorted out visa for my wife and once we landed our pick up was great and we were treated to a 'discrete check in' thereby not needing to use reception, the driver made calls en route and led the car to side of hotel which led us to our lovely 7th floor room.

the rooms are huge with lovely views, we had upgraded I think its called premier package which give access to certain kids facilities and comp snacks at lunch and evening, that was great.
it was flattering that many staff recognised us from previous year and the bellmen and breakfast staff in particular were most hospitable.

needless to say having stayed here previously the dining options are immense and leave you flabbergasted with choice.

we loved the latin restaurant at the top of the hotel, its name escapes me. it had wonderful stake and view is great.

my son loved wild wadi obviously and its the small touches such as warm water in much of wild wadi that leaves us feeling that the hotel really cares about us and kids and didn't just want our money.
overall 10/10 will definitely return

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would also like to Thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am pleased to read that once again our colleagues were able to manage your expectations and you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,132)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I am staying here whilst on business in Dubai, it is an exceptional hotel, the room is top class, but they know how to whack the customers.
I always remember my travel agent telling me back in 1999 she was staying in the JUMERIA BEACH HOTEL, and I was so jealous, so it has taken me 15 years to pluck up the courage to stay here, I was upgraded to a larger room (nice) it is actually a 2 bed suite, and it is the dogs,the bar in the hotel is very good as is the service. I for the life of me find it so difficult to accept the cost of £30 for a breakfast, the beach is great and the pools are in top quality condition. The staff are an asset to the company, and were very good throughout my stay. BIG BIG question would I go back?????, yes but only as a second choice

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are very happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I met some friends in Dubai for a birthday celebration and we stayed at this hotel. The service was amazing - everyone went out of their way to look after us. The view from our rooms was stunning and the rooms themselves were extremely comfortable - the beds particularly. I would recommend paying for half board as there is an extensive choice of restaurants available and I believe we had a very good deal overall. The food and drinks are fairly expensive so we did have to be careful but it was too be expected in this type of hotel.

Room Tip: All the bedrooms face the sea so you can't really go wrong. There are some rooms with a balcony...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sue H
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

switzerland
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

With my family We stayed 10 days at the Jumeirah and enjoyed it quite a lot. Starting with the location, it has a stuning view as its next to the Burj. Also, there is enough space around both pools and at the beach. Only negative is that, depending on when you visit, the sun will disapear behind the Burj at around 4.30 to 5 pm. We found the service mostly friendly even though sometimes the reception desk was a bit stressed. We really like the buffet but found the restaurant abit more "average" with the exception of the south american one on the 25th floor. The bar on the 24th has a stunning view on the shore and city. We had our kids at the nursery which is excellent with great staff. However, note that if kids are below 4 they will be free of charge only in the morning or afternoon, something we were not aware of. Another. Positive is the complimentary access to wild wally waterpark. That was great fun. If I have to find some negatives: there were quite a few noisy weddings during our staying which took place outside. So if you go to bed early or have a family i would recommend higher floors, even though you will still have some noise. Whike kids under 4 don't pay for any food - which is great - waiters did not seem to always be aware of the fact. Actually in 80% of the cases we had to ask tomhave the bill redone. Ismit so hard to have the staff trained on that? Conclusion: an excellent place to stay. Important note: there seems to be some works going on just next to the hotel. No big noise when we were there but i would ask for details if i were to go

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank swissguest
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest

Our guests feedback are very important for us to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed guests expectations for future visits, and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. I have noted your comment with regards to the product knowledge of the employees about the food & beverage offers and passed on to the concerned manager to look into the matter so that we exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I really wanted to give this hotel a 4.5 (9/10), I don't give 5/5 lightly (only once).
I stayed in Jumeirah Beach in February half term with my husband and 2 teenage daughters.
We stayed in Club rooms which we thought were worth the extra. We eventually got a lift through the hotel we were not on the list so had to wait for car, despite being first out of the airport we were last to the hotel. The rooms were not ready which was understandable with our early arrival, and we did not have to wait long for one of the rooms to be vacant.
We did enjoy the club pool, and felt very spoilt with iced water, iced lollies and smoothie shots. My daughters had the freedom to pop in to the waterpark which they thoroughly enjoyed. Afternoon tea, evening canapés and drinks are another plus to being in a club room. Unfortunately we did not have time to try many of the restaurants which is another excuse to return. The main buffet was big, with a huge amount of choice, the waitress did insist that we had been before even though we hadn't, I think she eventually believed us then showed us around ,which I needed I would have got lost. We did unfortunately get sat in what felt like kiddies corner, I hadn't noticed the commotion they were making until I got my food - so next time I will steer clear of that area!
Rooms were beautiful, spotless, with everything you could think of with an amazing view.
This was going to be our last Dubai trip but we had such a great holiday I would love to come back next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank rolomax
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Ice lollies and water spray around the Pool are some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the guest experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am very delighted to hear that you found these gestures as impressive. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our first time in Dubai and this hotel more than exceeded our expectations, our room was wonderful on the 7th floor with amazing views of the beach and sea, we dined mainly in the Latino dining area which was buffet style for both breakfast and evening meal-variety of foods -excellent choice, the staff in all aspects of the hotel are wonderful, especially those in the bar area. the beach is beautiful and clean and again the staff are always on hand to help, we found this hotel to be in a good location and would recommend it to anyone

Room Tip: we were on the 7th floor -wonderful views
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cnomis
Dear Guest,

Our “Stay Different” promise is to create luxury environments where our guests can enjoy unique and memorable experiences, and I am pleased to read that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the Pool Bar team and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests.

West Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here 27th February - 3rd March 2014
Stayed with my amazing Girlfriend, who was staying in Dubai for the first time !
Arrived at the resort at around 7am from the Emirates overnight flight from Gatwick ( busy flight)
When we checked in our room was not available ( but we expected this as it was soo early ) but the reception staff were magnificent ( shame I cannot remember the name- Gaymar I think) he said they would see how quickly they could get the room ready !
He said we could go and have breakfast if we like and get changed in the changing rooms downstairs that lead to access to the beach. You can also freshen up here too, they have razors shaving foam toothbrush and paste in the changing room ( all complimentary ) ...Nice touch.

We did this and sat at the waterfront eater and had a breakfast and walked along the outside wall of the Marina to where the 360 bar is ( visit it - great staff and wonderful views )

The Room & Views

We had a call around 9am to say the room was ready and we were so happy, 6th floor room 610 with our own private balcony - Tip - Great to have a balcony room so you can take plenty of pictures of the Burj, rather than through the glass .

The place is so wonderfully clean and they seem to take pride in this ...soo much water in the room too. Large bed, lots of tea coffee making, lots of shampoos and accessories.

You cannot fault the rooms really, even the ironing board in the room helps with a linen service available.
Chocolates on the bed every night ..which my partner enjoyed more than me ( I never got a chance )

The Food
Tip - don't forget your dinner vouchers

All the restaurants' are amazing - lovely selections of food form all places around the world.
Cannot fault the breakfasts either...whether you eat on the beach restaurants or actually inside the hotel, the choice is amazing.

Try all the restaurant's - even the Lebanese and have some of their tea....for some reason it made us happy all night, must have been the tea leaves !!

The Drink

Go up to the 24th floor and have a cocktail on the roof terrace with stunning views of both the Burj and The Burj Kalliff. Every member of staff are so welcoming too. It was slightly chilly for my young lady and they provided her with a cover for her shoulders to warm her up.

Visit also 360 at the end of the Marina and get the cocktail of the day ...about 25 Euros ..again a buzzing place with great staff.

Trips

We did afternoon tea in The Burj al Arab - Brilliant and staff so informative and friendly
Tip - A buggy will take you to the Burj al arab and does not cost anything so use them ....great people just drive around all day ...hop on hop off. ven got lucky as there was one when we got out the Burj too.

We did the Burj Kaliff at the top ...140 floors but soon they plan to open to the public viewing 170 floors up ...so will have to go again :O) which we are in June :O)
Cost around 40 dirums

Dubai Mall and the water fountains...another must and see the aquarium -combine this with the Burj Kaliff as they are next to each other.

The trip on the palm to Atlantis - ne had no booking there but the taxi got us through :O) so we went in through the main doors. See the fish there too..amazing.
Cost around 40 dirums

We took a buggy to the Madenat hotel too ...the shops in there are cool and again good places to relax and eat
No cost- hop on a buggy

Loved every moment and everyone was so friendly, I have stayed in many resorts and had wonderful service ( especially in the Maldives ) but here is a step further up !
If you needed money changing - Euros dollars etc , they did it for you ..they are committed to there statement.
Their philosophy is great - read it on the map they give you, they tell you where everything is and will look after you from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave.

We have already booked to be there again in June with a trip to the Maldives too ! But cannot wait to go back to this hotel ...it deserves every star it has and an extra one from us

Spotlessly clean and all the staff work very hard - I would be proud to run our place here in the same way and have already suggested to my boss to pack up a group of us and learn from the Jumeirah group by travelling and staying here.

I cannot fault your service, attention to detail and the warm friendly welcomes from all of your staff

Loved every moment and dreams are made from this experience
Paul Addison and Arianna

Loved loved loved it - So what are you waiting for , book this hotel, You cannot go wrong for the location, the wonderful beach and the stunning views

Room Tip: Soo many tips but Use the lift on the far right for all glass views of the beach and Burj All the...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Paddy121
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Jumeirah Beach Hotel very special. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Positive reviews from patrons like you will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they all are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.