“5 star Butlins?”

Ranked #56 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
london
“5 star Butlins?”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I stayed here for business recently. I had read some earlier reviews on here, and they are mostly accurate. This is a beach resort hotel , so you will get lots of kids, and sunburnt parents! Also lots of Russians, but that is par for the course. I did enjoy my stay, as the rooms are indeed very comfortable. All have floor to ceiling windows and seaview. They are large and well equipped. Good bed, with crisp linen sheets. Free wi fi (!), and large bathroom, with walk in shower, large bath, bidet etc. Also more toiletries than you could ever need, including sun block, very necessary.I also rate a hotel on bath towels, here 4, very large towels, very good. Turn down service good, and lots of bottles of water. I had trouble with the aircon, I could not get the temp below 21deg, despite several visits from the engineer. I might add that I raised this at 11pm at night, and the engineer was up within 5 mins!

Service generally was very good, if a little obsequious, both in and out of the hotel. Personally, however, the hotel gave me the inpression of an upmarket holiday camp, the Mandarin in HK it is not! However, as I have said, it is a Beach Resort, and comfortable, rather than luxurious. The lobby is too small for the size of the hotel, and there is sometimes a wait for the lifts.

Others have commented on the breakfast which is indeed splendid, huge selection from all over the world. Also, they had plenty of room to deal with the large number of guests, which was impressive. As far as the other restaurants were concerned, I had the asian buffet at Beachcombers, which was only adequate. The Dhow & Anchor was a nice place for an outdoor, happy hour drink. We had a Gala Dinner in the conference Centre, which was a mess. Very slow, and the shoulder of lamb was unrecognisable.

The Conference Centre was very good, for the business seminar, (Bimco), the staff worked very hard to put up the backdrop, and throughout. The food during the day in the Conference Centre was good. I thought the hotel was expensive, but this is Dubai!

Personally, Dubai is not to my taste, 39deg already in April, humid, with the staff in the 24th Floor Bar, turning the cushions every 30 mins, owing to condensation. As people have said, there are good beach facilities, etc, but in that heat, I made little use of them. I had a look at the Mall of the Emirates, and prices were a little higher than UK!

Room Tip: Higher the better, for the view, and choose end away from Water park.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank lteast
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Sorry! This is so late for writing review!! Because i were there at 2 years ago for 4 nights!
At this hotel everything is good and put in its place. Staffs are in touch everywhere and every time. The breakfast is very good and combine variety international.
It is one of the best family hotel in the world. You can connect to WILD WADI free.
There is 4 place for swimming and water relaxation, 1. basic pool, 2.family pool, 3.kids pool and 4.the beach. There is another sports like beach volleyball, tennis and so on.
So many restaurants and shops are in variety rang of food and goods and fashion brands.
At JBH you will be very comfort and see warm and kindness and friendly response from staff at check in and check out (that is very important mentally for first connection at reception desk, and remain in every person mind).
I will be back very soon, perhaps next JUNE!!

Room Tip: Icy ice cream with lemonade taste, will be served beside pools repeatedly. It is very perfect and gi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your last stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. It is very special to be referred to as “One of the Best Family Resort in the World” and I am very grateful to you for this wonderful compliment.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 9 nights with our young baby in February . We had a very relaxing stay and the service was outstanding . We really enjoyed the choice of restaurants that were on offer. We were recommended the Villa Beach restaurant , apparently being their best restaurant in the hotel. The views while eating there were lovely and the staff very friendly . However the food was not good at all. Disappointing is the best way to describe it. We would recommend eating in the Argentinian steak restaurant , one of the best meals we've had. Breakfast at beachcombers is far nicer than the breakfast experience inside the hotel . Both offer a fantastic array of food and service but eating at Beachcombers allows you to sit outside . We would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank kathmac100
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. I am also happy to read that you had a great dining experience at La Parrilla restaurant. Your comment with regards to the food at Villa Beach restaurant has been noted and passed on to the Culinary team to look into it so that we exceed your expectations in near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have for the second time made a booking with Letsgo2. I had a problem yesterday for which I wrote a negative review and have been unable to remove it. However, I want to clarify, LETSGO2 have actually bent over backwards to fix the issue that was not actually their fault. The manager Chris has managed to get me bookings for a really excellent price. I would always recommend Letsgo2 over any provider, simply because of the ease of the booking process and how helpful they are. You really have to be careful when booking online and I would say i revoke my previous bad comments and say they are a trusted company. Their prices are the best you can find!

Room Tip: I would say speak to Letsgo2 and they will sort out that you get the best room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sam1982_13
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were also happy the your booking.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I spent 4 nights at this hotel this week - although I was there purely for business, the hotel rooms were huge and comfortable, with an amazing view - I think they ALL have the sea view and it is fab.

Much thought has been given to ensuring your comfort and convenience and every space of the hotel has been considered with this in mind. The bed was extremely comfortable, the air conditioning was just right, the wifi is hassle free. The pools and the beach looked completely enticing - would love to return when not working. Got the impression families with children were hugely enjoying themselves with the wade-in family pool and the waterpark all on site.

The breakfast was epic. I didn't think I'd ever see a more impressive breakfast than one I had in a 5* hotel in Thailand, but this one took the biscuit. 15 kinds of biscuits, I should say! Really excellent. Great hotel.

On the business side, the conference centre is fantastic and so is the catering.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gemlefab
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel was excellent. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I have shared your appreciation with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Excellent hotel in every way for the family looking for good weather, comfort, good food and loads to do for kids. Even though this is a big hotel, it never feels massive. It has multiple pools and beach areas, loads of activities for all ages and many restaurants. With the hotel buggy you can also visit the souk in the area next door (5 mins ride). Great experience all over, relaxing and super comfortable. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CH-traveller-2012

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 May 2014

At the end of April (2014) we staid at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for the third time. And again, it was an excellent holiday in what I think is the best hotel of Dubai. I can strongly recommend it to everyone visiting Dubai. And again special thanks to the people of the Latitude Restaurant, Anis, Adhil and all the others. Also thanks to the people of La Veranda, where we had two very nice evenings and good and friendly service. Lastly, special thanks to the housekeeping people who took care of our room during the week.
See you all again during Christmas!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

I would also like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I am very proud that I am surrounded by these wonderful individuals who exactly know how to deliver a good quality service to all our guests. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us.