“Now you know you on Holliday”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #56 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Now you know you on Holliday”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

To feel like you really on Holliday... This is the place. Lovely rooms, friendly staff, professional service, amazing food, eye catching decor, for both families and singles, vast array of activities and amenities to enjoy...still on of the absolute best in Dubai!

Room Tip: Centre of the hotel with a balcony gives amazing views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,144)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very disappointed with my stay this time at JBH. This was out 3rd visit having spent out last 2 anniversaries here which have been exceptional, this time we didn't get anywhere near the same service.

Hotel itself is spot on, rooms are excellent, pool is spotless, breakfast is plentiful as usual however the service has dropped

I emailed prior to the visit to inform the staff due to anniversary I'd like a surprise something for my wife as she is pregnant this time aswell. On our honeymoon we got free room upgrade, on our last anniversary got given some meal vouchers to try out the various restaurants at the hotel however this time got nothing.3 times I went to reception to remind them it was my anniversary and I wanted to surprise my wife but yet got nothing but kept being promised someone would come see me.

I think my next years visit will b elsewhere as feel they no longer value returning customers and I'm very disappointed as this was the best hotel if stayed at for many years.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. As a company we greatly value our guests feedback as we constantly strive to maintain the highest level of service at all the times. I was therefore concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and we missed the opportunity to celebrate your wedding anniversary. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and I wish you both a belated happy anniversary and wish you a happy married life together. I have noted your comment and passed on to the front-office manager to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations on your return. In the meanwhile, may I please request you to provide us some more details (e.g. your room number, arrival and departure date) to investigate it further.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward that we make remainder of your stay an enjoyable one.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 27 May 2014

An amazing hotel! Great service, great staff, awesome food, clean and comfortable room. The beach and pools are great! Bathroom amenities are from Bulgari, very nice. They have shuttle to others Jumeirah hotels and Mall of Emitares. Worth every penny paid!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Burj Al Arab
2 Thank xxBrunaxx
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014

nice facilities, full luxury resort, very friendly staff
beach is not as good as other places arround world, but probably the one of the best in Dubai.
We had our kid with us and therefore prefered the small beach, which is save from waves and jelly fishes, however it lacks a bit the fresh water stream.

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. It is very special to be referred to as “One of the Best Hotel in Dubai” and I am very grateful to you for this wonderful compliment. Your comment with regards to resort beach has been noted and passed on to the management team. On the same note, may I please request you to provide us some more details about the beach experience why you did not find it as good as compare to other places so that we can improve the beach experience to all our valued guests.

South Tyneside
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for one night but it honestly wasn't long enough to fully appreciate the whole hotel. Customer service here is spot on. The staff at reception were very friendly, very informative and arranged a late check out for us. The views from our room was amazing and looked directly over to the Burj al Arab and marina. It was huge with a very large bathroom too. The beaches are spotless and security ensure no one other than hotel residents can access it. A guy finds you your lounger where you prefer to be and with a parasol. A nice little touch is he comes around later with a complimentary ice lolly. Pools are beautiful with a swim up bar and children's pool and play area too. We did paddle boarding which was great fun and did this next to the marina early in the morning when it was quiet. The little beach there was also good for children. Restaurants are beautiful. We ate at the Beach Comber which over looked the Burj and had live music. We sat outside and the setting was perfect. It was a buffet restaurant, which I am not a fan of, but the food here was amazing and had all types of dishes from curry to salad and some dishes were cooked direct in front of you. We had breakfast overlooking the marina and again food and setting was lovely. The service in this hotel is first class and staff are very attentive. We never had to wait long for anything. We loved the roof top bar and the views are amazing. We will definitely return and stay longer. Distance to the centre of Dubai is about 10 mins in a taxi and costS around 18 dirhams. We went into the centre after we checked out on our last day but left our cases securely with concierge until we returned from the centre and were ready to leave. I would highly recommend this hotel.

1 Thank lakes tarns n f... m
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Ice lollies around the Pool is some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the guest experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am very delighted to hear that you found these gestures as impressive. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We have stayed at JBH serval times and we had a pleasant stay though unfortunately it still has a few things to brush up on before truly being a leading family resort.

Check-in took place in our room and was swift and courteous. The baby even got a toy truck to play with in the sand. The newly refurbished rooms are excellent, especially the bathrooms. Unfortunately however they are already showing signs of wear like stains on the carpet. But the standard was cleaning remained high otherwise.

The Premium Leisure Club was also better than expected, though some staff were a little lazy. I asked for decaf tea only to be told that one tea bag instead of two would be the same. It is not the same. I'm sure this won't be the first time that a breastfeeding mother asks for decaf tea. They also refused to get goat or camel milk for the baby (he's allergic to cow). These are items that are available in other parts of the hotel so not impossible to get for us. This is normally the sort of simple thing that Jumeirah excels at.

Quality of the food in the lounge however was good. Food across the hotel was good on the whole. Latitude is not as plentiful as it used to be but fine. Room service was swift and tasty. Jamie's Italian was excellent (see separate review) and La Parilla was disappointing (see separate review).

Service in the spa was terrible. I asked them for a treatment menu but they didn't have any and no one was able to tell me about the facials so I asked for someone to call me in my room at a time when I would definitely be there. They didn't call.

We used the executive pool which was extremely busy but service was good. They have service buttons on the umbrellas now making it easier to order food and drinks.

On the whole we had a pleasant stay, it's just the niggly things, the simple touches that Jumeirah are normally so good that that was lacking.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements about the resort. Your comment with regards to Spa, La Parrilla and Premium Leisure Club experience has been noted and passed on to the concern managers to look into it and taking corrective action where required so that we exceed your expectations in near future. Thank you for bringing these issues to my attention.

Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Spent a wonderful 4 nights here in March. Highly recommend Club Exec Room for all the little extras. Planning our 7th visit for next year and would not even consider staying anywhere else in Dubai. Special thanks to the Club Exec Lounge team especially Sreedhar, Agnelo, Diana & Maria and Earl and his amazing team who work so hard at the Exec Pool. See you all again next year. Paul & Karen Cooper

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Your kind comment about our colleagues Sreedhar, Diana, Agnelo, Maria and Earl & his team is highly appreciated. Positive reviews like yours will always serve as an added inspiration to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests. I have shared your comment with our colleagues and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests.