“A busy , crowded and noisy three day stay”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #64 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
Dhahran
“A busy , crowded and noisy three day stay”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

You really have to find a quiet corner and may be after the scores of noisy children go to bed in the evening. Do not count on having the luxury of walking into any of the food outlets in the hotel without prior reservation. Having breakfast during peak time is quite difficult and compels you to go to the city of Jumaira nearby for a serene meal. The swimming pool does not open till 9:00 so a major part of the limited cool morning in the summer time of Dubai is lost needlessly . The hotel was basically crowded , noisy and overloaded . The holiday season... Possible. I would think twice if I consider a stay in the future.

Room Tip: Somehow the place caters to families with small children and the noisy crowd may spoil your stay and...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Usama M
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. Your comment with regards to the swimming pool timing has been noted and passed on to the management team to look into it. I have also noted your comment about the refurbishment disruptions and would like to inform you that at Jumeirah Beach Hotel we are dedicated to offering a relaxing stay and the best service through our many Bars and Restaurants and on some occasions we must make decisions to undertake a refurbishment to ensure we are delivering the quality service that our guests expect. Thank you for bringing these incidents to my attention.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,178)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
March, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had 10 day here and what an amazing hotel, the pools, restaurants and food was top class, the whole hotel was great, the staff could not do enough for you, very helpful, the girls love every minute of the holiday, we will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marchcouple
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that you had a great time at Jumeirah Beach Hotel and were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Decided to book an overnight stay at the jumeriah beach and honestly can't fault it! Couldn't have asked for a better room with an amazing view of the sea and burj al Arab .. Looked just like the pictures in reality! The staff were beyond friendly and helpful, the rooms were exceptional and the choice of food at the latitude restaurant was excellent! Would definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank smiley2602
Dear Guest,

Our prime focus is to the provide efficient, warm and friendly service to all our guests and your mention about these services is very encouraging and a great pride for the entire team. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your appreciation with the colleagues and they are equally happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Outstanding from the minute of arrival. Escorted to exec lounge,checked in,escorted to room,shown all the gadgets and the balcony.. Then left on my own to explore and have a few drinks. It was all so seamless. Loved the executive pool and staff, great exec lounge in the afternoon with cocktails. Latitude was great for breakfast as well.
5 star all the way..the beds are great..
Will return with a friend soon.

Room Tip: Get a balcony...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Chris H
Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience was excellent. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Have stayed in this hotel 3 times now, and each time gets better. From the selection of restaurants to the amazing swimming pools what else could you want. Free access to wild wadi which is just next door is even better, especially as a guest of the hotel you get to go in before open to general public. Breakfast is brilliant and we tended to have it on the little restaurant on the beach, great selection and the chef always willing to make extras. Would recommend this hotel to everyone, perfect place to explore Dubai and staff and service first class

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trevor R
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests, and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services and facilities provided at the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I cannot remember how many times we have been to this hotel, but each time we go we enjoy more and better experiences! This time we visited the newly refurbished Dhow and Anchor, the English pub, and enjoyed 'the best fries in the house', as we did on our first visit some 16 years ago!! This time as part of Restaurant Week and at a price we couldn't believe.
We started our day at 06.00 with gym and swim and then to Latitude for an amazing breakfast!
We cannot wait to return in August to enjoy again the sun , sand ,sea and shopping!!

Room Tip: Every room over-looks the sea!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dubaiunlimited
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am delighted to read that you had another wonderful holiday with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. I am also happy to read that you liked the new look of the pub and were overall happy with the service provided by our colleagues. I have shared your appreciation with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had another brilliant stay with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was very excited to stay at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and for the most part I really did enjoy my stay and experience here. My only complaint is the 80's style room that I stayed in. I understand that location is everything but for what I paid for a 2 nights stay I expected so much more. Don't get me wrong this hotel is very lovely with wonderful views of the Burj Al Arab and spectacular beach and it's amenities. The disheartening feeling I got when I walked into the room and saw how outdated the room felt almost made me want to go to another hotel. Since the reservation was non refundable I obviously stayed and looked past the room. I am pleased to say that the rest of my experience at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel was wonderful. The staff, restaurants, and room service were great. The hotel's car/taxi drop off and pickup area is a bit cramped and should of been made larger. I stayed at the Marriott Marquis after my stay here and comparing the both of them I would definitely pick the Marriott Marquis over this hotel if I had to do it all over again. I did get to see the hotel lobby the first day I arrived but the next day it had all been bordered up with walls for a complete renovation overhaul. I can only hope that the rooms will come next. Overall, I was satisfied but a little disappointed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Eduardo P
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Jumeirah Beach Hotel very special. Your comment with regards to the hotel being outdated has been noted and I am pleased to inform you that we have done refurbishment of some or rooms and will continue our refurbishment plan. Our newly refurbished rooms are styled with the family in mind, encompassing luxurious, modern, comfortable, beach inspired designs.