“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Newcastle Upon Tyne
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Another fabulous family holiday here. Worth staying in the Premium Leisure Club. Newly refurbished rooms which are sumptuous and everything electronically controlled. Super comfy huge beds and the view of the ocean and the Burj is breathtaking. Club lounge cocktails are delicious, particularly upstairs where the barman Robert is a genius. I asked him for a cocktail which he hadn't heard of and he found out how to make it for me the next evening. Use of Wild Wadi is of course a huge bonus and it pays to get there for 9.30 -10 a.m and use it while it is super quiet as it gets busy later on. Exec pool is fab. A beautifully designed pool with lots of palm tress and inlets with hot tub style jets. The staff at the exec pool are particularly good. In particular Sumanta who is just a poppet and Kumar in the swim up bar who makes the best banana milk shake in the world! The staff at the exec pool come around regularly with iced lollies, ice cold water, lavender infused ice cold face towels and even a cold water body spray if you need it! In fact all hotel staff are exceptional. Use of the half board vouchers mean you can dine in any of the Jumeirah hotels. We would particularly recommend Carnevale, although the service is pretty slow here, and Villa Beach which are both in the JB hotel. Stunning food. We also enjoyed the Tortuga Mexican restaurant at the Madinat. Delicious food and great atmosphere. We found Der Keller (a rather twee German restaurant) and Al Hambra (a Spanish restaurant) were our least favourites. Latitude restaurant in the JB is also good and we were here for Ramadan so got to sample the super tasty Arabic cuisine too.
All in all a super place for a holiday. No complaints at all.

4 Thank KRoNewcastleUponTyne
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Ice lollies, cold towels and water spray around the Pool are some of our several special touches we have developed to enhance the guest experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, and I am very delighted to hear that you found these gestures as impressive. Your kind comment about our colleagues especially Sumanta and Kumar is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with both colleagues personally and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guest.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Mahmoud Sakr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,122)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My trip to the Jumeirah Beach hotel was fantastic and the staff were excellent especially wonderful employee named Corine was treat us excellent, nice and service us to the fullest and I am sure this is a wonderfull journey to repeat it and i think the best employee there corine i advice all of you to go to this hottel

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. It is very special to be referred to as “Best Hotel” and I am very grateful to you for this wonderful compliment.

Sydney, Australia.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

I had last stayed at Jumeirah Beach in 1999. This time I came back with my family (2 children aged 5 and 11). The hotel is still amazing and although there have been many other additions to the accommodation pool in Dubai, this hotel in my view still beats its competitors hands down.
This time we upgraded to an Executive Club room and this was great value. Included in this rate was breakfast, return airport transfers, afternoon tea and evening drinks included daily. Staying at the hotel also entitles you to complimentary access to Wild Wadi water park which was fantastic.
The hotel rooms are large, have amazing views and the staff are quite simply extraordinary.
We utilised the Kids Club which wasn't that busy but my 5 year old had a ball!
The food at the hotel is excellent and although we were staying during Ramadan, there were no problems with access to food at all during the day.
My only disappointment is that we didn't book a longer stay!

Room Tip: Consider Executive Club upgrades
      Location
2 Thank marmelsoph
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I am pleased to read that our team was able to manage your expectations and you had another wonderful holiday with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We visited the Jumeriah beach in Sept 13, what can I say we have done Dubai before and stayed and the Sofitel which we thought was amazing but this hotel blows it out the water tbh.
Everything is catered for and the service is the best we have ever had, the hotel is spectacular and the view of the Barj al Arab at the front is wonderful.
I tried sushi for the first time here and am now a massive fan, the food is equisite and presented so beautifully.
The room was extremely well presented and comfortable with everything we needed.
Would highly recommend the water park, great fun.
Overall the best hotel we have ever been to and we have done quite a few so called top hotels over the years.
Highly recommended for couples or families with kids

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnnyping
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful holiday with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. It is very special to be referred to as “The best hotel you have ever been to” and I am very grateful to you for this wonderful compliment.

Ayr, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a exceptional engineering and design marvel as are most buildings in Dubai.
The hotel itself is a very nice place to be and all the staff could not be more helpful. All the property is very clean and the rooms are cleaned and beds made everyday and 6 bottles of water left everyday along with sunblock and lipbalm. Our room looked out to the Burj Al Arab with a balcony which was stunning at sunset.
Pool areas were amazing and especially the pool bar where you may purchase all types of alcoholic drinks and soft drinks. Prices can and are reasonably expensive all around dubai for drinks so look out for venues that are promoting happy hour and they will be around half price.
If you want to venture out the resort to Dubai Mall or any other attractions there are taxis on the property and will take you anywhere you like but make sure and buckle up as some trips can be a bit hairy.
We visited in may and it was seething heat and humidity at the time so be sure to cool down every so often.When staying at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel you will have access to all the Jumeirah resorts and venues in Dubai including golf cart journeys to and from the neighbouring Madinat resort which also has a host of bars and restaurants. So to sum it all up the Jumeirah Beach Hotel is a cracking place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements about the resort.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

JBH lived up to the excellent reviews on Tripadvisor and I am really pleased we stayed here.

We were met by a really nice concierge from Kenya (Mustaf, I think). He made arrival special. Took me to the reception, asking me not to worry about my luggage. The receptionist Razia was pleasant and professional. She asked if there was a special occasion and I told her it was (OH's birthday trip). It was noted and we got a card, drinks and cake.

We enjoyed the use if the buggy within the resort and I recall a very special one with Mofazal (I think) from Bangladesh. He was really helpful and warm.
Housekeeping could not have done more. I don't think I have been in a hotel with that level of attention towards out comfort. Three visits a day!

Great food in the restaurants and lovely staff all round.

The views from our room were just great.
O
I will have to go back and stay longer.

Thanks everyone.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Fumken
Dear Guest,

Our constant effort at Jumeirah Beach Hotel is to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm, friendly and unobtrusive service to all our guests and I am happy to hear that you were overall happy with the services provided at the resort. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Our colleagues are our asset and we put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and a great pride for us. I have shared your appreciation with our colleagues and they are very happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had a brilliant holiday with us.

oscar1995
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

As this is our 11th year in a row to this fab hotel, I have written many reviews highlighting all the great points the hotel has to offer. However the thing people ask me the most is why do we return to the same hotel every year, we actually have tried another nearby hotel but the answer to the question is.... Yes there are many fabulous hotels in Dubai with possibly slightly plusher rooms, maybe a bit newer facilities (although JBH renovate areas every year) but the one thing which sets the JBH above all the others is something money and plushness cannot buy... this is the staff !!
Every great team has to have a great leader this starts at the top with General Manager Mr Sakr taking a personal and professional interest in all visitors, contacting them personally if need be as do all his management team including Mr Hanna.
We arrived as PLC guests after being picked up by the hotel car, to be greeted by Marycris who said she saw our name and wanted to be the one to check us in as remembered us well - what a great start, Natalia the PLC manager also came to welcome us which was a lovely gesture. We were then looked after in PLC throughout our stay by all but especially Ramielyn, Charles and Marycris who feel more like friends along with the new guy Robert, they consistently go the extra mile.
It was so hot we stayed by the executive pool each day and again treated so well by the staff, led by the excellent manager Nishantha, who spoke to us numerous times a day to ensure we had everything we needed and also booked hotel restaurants for us !! the pool guys especially Kavindra ensured we remained hydrated in the heat and the bar staff Kumar and Aaron served us with a smile and laughter every time we swam up to the bar.
Also special mention to Niese in the Dhow & Anchor bar who always served us with drinks so promptly and friendly along with the young lad who serves in the restaurant part.
I wish I could remember more names but everyone you come into contact with, greet you with a smile and an acknowledgement. The staff are the JBH and we won't be going anywhere else for our main holiday due to them. Thanks to all.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
3 Thank oscar1995
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am delighted to read you had another brilliant holiday with us. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your gracious comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests. Positive reviews from patrons like you will always serve as an added motivation to the entire team to maintain the highest level of service at all the times to all our guests.