“Excellent all round”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #71 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Its been our 3rd visit to this hotel and not the last different every time ,the new resturants are good especially the Dow and anchour the service and food was top notch all round a fantastic experience getting ready to book for next year .

Room Tip: All rooms are beach view but try to get a new club executive room there fab!!!
1  Thank Richard D
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Beach Hotel

Reviewed 31 August 2014

The Good : The Good memories my wife and i had at this hotel in the past. This hotel was the reason why we always wanted to go to dubai for a getaway to relax and enjoy the amazing service they had.
The Bad: Old Memories is all we have now after our BAD stay from August 24 2014 till August 29 2014..
Ugly: What happened to your service level JBH and what happened to your friendliness and your Professionalism? I understand that you are going threw Maintenance work but that is no excuse for bad customer service.
Let me start with checking in, A smile and greeting might be called for at a 5 start hotel, i understand you might be under pressure but that is not the paying customers fault. I was asked to put a hold of 1000dhs per night on my credit card just incase i want to drink or eat from the pool bar or the mini bar..when i asked the pool bar later why i was told "its because we had to chase down customers before who didnt pay and just signed" SERIOSLY??? what happened to the hotel checking and you paying upon checking out just like any other hotel.
I had a room with a balcony and what a sight when i go out to the balcony and find old cigarettes by the sewer. Talking about sewer the bathroom drain doesnt even work, everytime we take a shower and water comes out on the floor we have a puddle of water on the floor because the drain wont work. To add to that everytime you use the sink it leakes from the bottom, wow the Maintenance crew is so busy working on the lobby they forgot the rooms.
House keeping is another story, they knock on the door once and then open..umm what happened to privacy what happened to waiting till the customer opens. Knocking once and opening the door is wrong no matter how many stars the hotel is.
Oh and if you stay at JBH make sure not to call the operator because you will get a lady with an attitude every time..very welcoming and homely.
We went down for BF at 11:00am offcourse nobody told us that they are closed and we can go to the other BF place till 11:30. They ignored us and we sat ourselves and had to go get our own bread basket and when asked for Cutlery we were told that they are closed but we can take the ones on the table next to us which wasnt used. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ????
Another thing i would like to point out to JBH is please please stop trying to promote the highly priced lexus everytime someone asks for a taxi and saying things like "this car is better and ready so take it " i dont want to pay 55dhs to go to the mall when i can take a taxi and pay 25dhs. Sadly this trip was a long awaitied trip for me and my family specially that we wanted to JBH where we knew we could forget the world and just enjoy. Well the only enjoyment i had was outside the hotel i will not stay at JBH the next time i visit Dubai . I guess as they say " all good things must come to an end" and JBH you ended the good memories very badly.

4  Thank Bader J

Dear Guest

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at Jumeirah Beach Hotel. I trust our team has contacted you and you are happy with the resolution.

Reviewed 31 August 2014

We always stay at the JBH when visiting Dubai with our family, and have recommended it to other family and friends. But our recent visit found that, compared to previous stays, standards seem to have fallen dramatically, both with service and staff. The majority of the staff are very pleasant and welcoming but on this occasion we found quite a few who were quite offhand and seemed quite brusque.

We stayed for one week in August with our daughter and her family, who stayed for 10 days. Unfortunately, my grandchildren (aged 3 and 5 who had arrived 3 days earlier) had come down with a severe vomiting / diarrhoea bug so i mentioned to a manager that it would be in the interest of the hotel for their room to be deep cleaned/disinfected to avoid spreading the bug. I was assured that this would be attended to immediately, but the request was not carried out.
As feared, my daughter, her husband and finally my husband caught the bug - I was the only one to escape. They had initially took the children to the hotel clinic and was told it would probably pass - eventually they referred them to a doctor who diagnosed a viral infection and treated them for dehydration and charged 5,200 DEA (£1,000) a large portion of their holiday spends. We again asked for both rooms to be deep cleaned. On returning from the pool, because the 5 year old was vomiting we found that not only had the rooms not been disinfected but our daughters room hadn't even been serviced,
We complained and this time they were both disinfected. On our last evening we returned to our room at 5.20 to shower and dress for an evening out and was dismayed to find our room had not been touched from the night before - not very 5-star! We called the manager who came to see the room with the housekeeper and the room was serviced while we were at dinner.

On our first night in the bar, my husband sat on a lump of sticky goo left on a chair by a previous occupant. The management cleaned his pants free of charge.

The latitude restaurant is as a previous comment states, very very crowded and disorganised with long queues at both dinner and breakfast times and depleted supplies if you went later to avoid queues.

We also experienced long waits for buggies back from the Mina a Salam and also for the elevators with everyone rushing them when they did arrive.

Poolside - difficult to get loungers (especially as a family). On one occasion I rang the service buzzer THREE times for some water. it was answered on the first call by a grumpy waiter who muttered that he would be back - he didn't return, so I waited and waited. I rang it twice more and got no response. I could not leave my sleeping grandson to get it myself and had to wait for my daughter to return before I could get a drink.

All in all we made the best of a very unpleasant stay and, compared to previous visits, experienced a total lack of attention - especially in the case of a vomiting and diarrhoea bug spreading - a serious threat to the health and safety of other residents. The experience was definitely not 5-star, very unpleasant and one I would not like to repeat - we've had better attention in a 4-star hotel. The management promised us that by the end of our stay we would want to return to the JBH - i'm not too sure about that!!

Incidentally, at the end of our stay, my husband overheard another resident speaking of his son who was in his room ill in bed with 'a bug'. My husband asked him what the symptoms were and they were exactly the same as our family's, so he advised him to ask for the room to be disinfected immediately.

1  Thank susywoo
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Dear Guest

Your valuable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the service Jumeirah Beach Hotel is renowned for and exceed your expectations for future visits. I was therefore concerned to understand that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I trust our team met you during your stay you were happy with the resolution.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Duration of stay: 5 nights (17/22 August).

This was our 6th consecutive summer stay at the hotel. On our way back to Europe after our summer holidays in Asia, we try and include a stay here. On this occasion we were travelling back from South Korea and Japan.

Booking process and check-in/check-out: Essentially we always book through the Jumeirah website, preferring to deal with the hotel itself. At check-in we were given a warm welcome by Marycris, whom we have met over several years now. Great to see that a number of staff remain at the hotel. We saw some other familiar faces in the PE lounge, and also at the Executive Pool. Check-out was effortless. Bill was correct.

Transport arrival/departure: by airport limousine. Efficient and courteous as ever. Driver Villas on pickup even recognized us from last year. Great. Offered water and towels.

Room: A renovated king room on the 15 floor executive club level. Amazing view of course. Our room was on the short end of the building, which meant it was quiet. The room was very well appointed, wifi worked perfectly. Small details sometimes make for a perfect room: we like the fact the room safe has a light inside. Curtain and light command control centre always requires some practice runs, but once we'd mastered it again, it all worked perfectly. Plenty of bottles of mineral water are provided every day. The king-size bed was extremely comfortable (especially after travelling in Japan). Our daughter slept on the sofa bed, which is a bit on the thin side however. One thing about the shower though. Drainage could be better, when taking a long shower sometimes the water went under the door.

Facilities:

Executive pool, as nice as ever. Bell system to get the attention of the pool waiters worked perfectly.

Dive: we took the complimentary dive session in the pool. Great fun and great instructor.

PE lounge: greatly improved compared to last year. Far better staffed (=more staff) than last year, really made a difference. Plus kids were not hoarding the computers anymore (no food or drinks allowed there anymore either). Lounge grew quieter in the course of the week, which probably had to do with school summer holiday coming to an end in the UK. But funny to think that on our first visit we were sitting upstairs in the lounge, getting ready for a late night flight at 8PM and we were the only ones there. Cannot imagine that would ever be the case now at that time.

Boarding passes: last year I was charged for printing these out in the Business Centre. Now we asked at the PE lounge, where staff readily printed these out for us.

Lifts: seemed to take much longer this year than before. Might have something to do with more people taking the lift from the ground floor to the basement, because the Palm Court was closed off. Not many people seem to know that there is another staircase down behind the lifts.

Buggy service seemed to have improved (or we were just plain lucky each time we needed to catch a buggy back from Madinat)

Restaurant/meals:
Lattitude: we had breakfast every day and dinner on Thursday here. Breakfast was the same huge selection as ever. Check the website for the dinner themes. Staff were attentive and friendly.

Conclusion: I can upgrade my review from last year again. We had a better organised stay, with the attention we were used to from our previous stays. In fact we are considering a winter stay now in February....

2  Thank Charry

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Jumeirah Beach Hotel very special. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort. Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about Marycris is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our guests and you had another great holiday with us.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

We have just returned from great stay in Dubai on a trip with our teenage children. The Jumeirah Beach hotel really does live up to it's fantastic reviews. This hotel knows how to deliver a TOP class service. The Ocean Club rooms had awesome wall to ceiling views of the Burj Al Arab - stunning. The rooms were bursting with technology which really wowed out tech loving teens and if you had forgotten anything it was all on hand in the ultra modern bathrooms. The Ocean Club rooms for breakfast and cocktails on 24th floor lived up to their reputations for great service. The Water Park in the grounds of the hotel gave us a good few hours of great pleasure too. Top treat was the man who mists you with water to cool you down when sunbathing. The Sports centre is uber well equipped and everywhere is fastidiously clean. I must also to mention the food which was AMAZING and catered for all tastes. Many thanks to Alpha for looking after us throughout our visit, she is a credit to the team. We are already planning a return visit!

Dear Guest

I am delighted to read that every aspect of your experience at Jumeirah Beach Hotel was excellent. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive element about the resort.

Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel, everything from the house keeping staff to the buggies to drive you around the complex, the only thing I could fault was the lifts, not enough and you can be left waiting in busy times, I would recommend this hotel. Right on the beach and amazing views

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Jay Z
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that our team was able to make your every moment at Jumeirah Beach Hotel very special. Your kind comment about our colleagues is highly appreciated. I have shared your comment with the teams and they are equally happy to hear that you had an amazing holiday with us. I have noted your comment with regards to the lifts availability on the busy time and passed on to the management team to look into it. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this caused to you.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We always stay with the Jumeirah chain when visiting Dubai. This was our 2nd stay at Jumeirah Beach and we have also stayed at the Zebel Saray on the Palm.

We stayed in Aug 2014 for 5 days as a stopover from Mauritius. The Jumeirah Beach Hotel is so centrally located and this makes it an ideal base. We were a family of four with kids aged 12 and 10. We stayed in the Junior Suite on the 21st floor and had the most amazing view of the Burj al Arab as well as a huge terrace which was a lovely feature. The room was a good size and they provided 2 single beds for our girls and there was still plenty of space. We extended our stay by a night and as they were fully booked for the junior suite we took an ocean view room and although smaller it was one of the updated rooms and was wow. You have a keypad by the bed which controls lighting, drawing curtains etc. Very high tec and what you expect of the Jumeirah chain. The junior suite was not of the same standard in terms of modernisation, albeit the space does compensate.

Definitely one of the key features for my children was the complimentary access to Wild Wadi. They were in there every day! They open at 10am and the best thing is you can just walk from the hotel to The Wild Wadi. If you go at 10am you get on all the rides really quickly with it starting to busy up from around 11/11.30am. Going in Aug means temps are in the 40-45c and therefore the waterpark is a welcome relief from the heat.

Our stay was on a half board basis and they provide vouchers for each day of your stay which you can either use towards lunch or dinner which allows great flexibility. You can also use the vouchers in the majority of the Jumeirah chain hotels which allows for plenty of variety. We mostly ate at Latitude as there was always something to please everyone. Food quality is superb and plentiful. Yes it is very busy but the hotel was running at full capacity and we never felt service suffered. Staff do work very hard to clear plates etc but as a few others mentioned at peak times it can be hard to get their attention, but we never felt this was ever a problem. Special mention has to be for Manny who came round tables truly looking for feedback or room for improvement. My daughters mentioned that the chocolate fountain always had dark chocolate and said most kids prefer milk and Manny said he would get on to it right away. Next day we went and lo and behold chocolate fountain was milk chocolate. We also mentioned how much we enjoyed the pani puri from the Indian night and Manny said he would see if the chef could arrange to make us some more before we left. However unfortunately the chef was unable to accommodate but top marks to Manny for trying.

Rooms are cleaned twice daily to a very high standard and there are chocolates placed on turndown service, which is a lovely touch.

We stayed previously at the Zebeel (which to be honest is probably a better looking hotel), but found the location of the Jumeirah Beach to be far superior. Both hotels are fantastic. Really enjoyed our stay and had a wonderful time. You really can't go wrong with the Jumeirah Beach.

3  Thank Nab1121

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for continued patronage to Jumeirah Beach Hotel and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were happy with the services provided by our colleagues. Thank you for the very detailed feedback and mentioning so many positive elements about the resort.

Your kind comment about our colleagues especially about Manny is highly appreciated, Our colleagues are our asset and we put lot of efforts to train our colleagues to deliver the good quality service to all our guests, and your mention of superlative service during your stay is very encouraging and brings us immense joy. I have shared your comment with the entire team and they are happy to hear that their efforts has been recognized by our colleagues and you had an amazing holiday with us.