“Superb stay - had a problem, but was sorted quickly”

Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Ranked #89 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I booked the Jumeirah Beach for my 40th birthday treat, over the Atlantis, after reading reviews on here and I am so glad I did. Yes, we had a problem which I will come to, but it was sorted out with no fuss.

Arrived for our 7 night stay just after midnight on the morning of Monday 5th July. Greeted with scented cool towels at reception, quick check-in and then went upto our room on 12th floor (with chocolates on the bed). Awoke next morning (lovely comfy beds) to a stunning view overlooking the marina and Burj Al Arab. As we had booked the free half board upgrade, we had a bite to eat in the Dhow & Anchor, which was a lovely meal. Surprised at the number of restaurants we could choose to eat at, several over at Madinat Jumeirah too. Was expecting to have a choice of about 5, but we had about 20 to choose from !!!

On the Tuesday (my 40th birthday), was a bit surprised no member of staff commented on my birthday (given I had 2 huge badges on from my 2 daughters) however the staff were always polite and said hello to you wherever you went. Spent the day over at the shallow water dolphin encounter & aquaventure over at the Atlantis. Came back to our room at the Jumeirah Beach to find a cake with "happy birthday" on it and a bottle of champagne in ice (well, water by the time we had retuned, LOL) which was an excellent way to cap a truly memorable day. The only downside was we went to Beachcombers restaurant on the evening, which was in all 4 of our opinions, our least favourite restaurant we went to there. The kids food was a little limited, but maybe we just caught an off night. Ended the night watching the World Cup semi-final on the terrace of the Dhow & Anchor, with waiters/waitresses bringin around the scented cool towels, which were a god send in the midnight heat..........nice touch !!!

Other restaurants we tried were Go West (tex-mex...........superb, loved the live music that the kids could dance to at the front), Latitude (breakfast here and one evening meal.........nice enough), Dhow & Anchor again for an evening meal (lovely) and a special thank you for the gentleman at the reservations desk for recommending Toscana, a gorgeous Italian restaurant over at Madinat Jumeirah (buggy to take you there.......and Abras to navigate around Madinat Jumeirah)

For recommendations also a big thank you to the gentleman (vert tall thin young man) at the concierge desk, who gave us a great tip about going up the Burj Khalifa. He advised us to get timed tickets, which are 100dhs as opposed to walking up and wanting to go there and then, which cost 400dhs, so we went to the Dubai Mall, did some shopping and booked to return the following day with a huge saving.

Being used to bargain shopping in America, I was disappointed that there were no bargains to be had at any of the malls (Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, Marina Mall & Ibn Battuta Malls we went to). Was shocked to see PS3 games dearer than in UK. Definately a case of browse and not buy. There is a free shuttle bus that takes you from Jumeirah Beach hotel to Mall of The Emirates but a good tip is to get a taxi there and bus back. Taxi cheap enough and takes 5 mins, but bus goes to Mina A Salam, Al Qasr on way out and sits and waits a while at each stop, so you waste about 30 minutes this way. On way back, Jumeirah Beach is the first stop, so no problem.

There is a bus from Dubai Mall that stops at the hotel abour 3 times a day each way to, but the taxi's are really cheap and plenty of them about everywhere.

Back to the Jumeirah Beach, our room was fantastic, turn down team leaving chocolates and a newsletter of the following days events each evening, with weather forecast (hot !!!), pool and sea temperatures, facilites and recreation times etc.......even how many different nationalities are staying at the hotel (62 was highest when we were there ) !!!!

My two daughters loved the kids club, and in particular a guy called Shrawan. I was by the pool when my wife came back to me to inform me the kids had gone out on a speedboat trip !!!! An hour later she went to check on them and they were kayaking in the marina !!! Then they were playing team games in the family pool with the other kids and the reps........excellent !!!!! All the time, watched by loads of lifeguards, which was relaxing to see. Kids will love it here and parents will be happy knowing their kids are safe and being cared for. We went into Wild Wadi water park, which had some refurbishment going on, but was still highly enjoyable.

Now onto the only downer of the holiday. We left feeling absolutely overwhelmed by the whole holiday and so pleased we had booked the Jumeirah Beach. When we got home, we put the CD of the photo's (1200dhs for 30 photo's on 2 CD's) we bought from the hotel that the various photographer's had taken of us around the hotel (some underwater too). To our horror, one of the 30 pictures was not of us, so we had one missing. On further inspection, several of the photo's had been cropped and had cut the tops of people's heads off and some had sliced the hotel logo in two, that we had asked to be put on the photo's. I can't understand why anyone cropped the photo's. We were only asked if we wanted the logo putting on and we had discarded the photo's that we didnt want or where we werent fully in the picture. Our missing photo was one taken on my birthday too, which I was initially gutted at the thought of losing. I emailed the hotel straight away and got a propmt response from Mr Charles Clark, who assured me he would look into the matter. Further emails from Stella Bvukumbwe and she located our photos (there were duplicate photo numbers of another family.....advise to check photo's before you leave hotel if you can) and promptly dispatched another copy of them, which we received a little over a week after we had returned home to the UK, so a big thank you for to both Charles and Stella for sorting that out for us.

The only other criticism I could say, is something a few people have said and that is the price of the alcoholic drinks. 40dhs for a southern comfort & lemonade and 35dhs for a pint of Budweiser is a bit steep. The soft drink prices are fine. Another mention at this point should be made to the pool waiters and in particlular, Sanjay, who was always cheery and nothing too much trouble, an absolute star and a credit to the hotel. Served us with pizza's and drinks during the day by the family pool, top bloke !!!

All in all, we booked the right hotel. I think the problem that arose and how it was dealt with so quickly and efficiently showed that, even after leaving, they were eager, happy and quick to resolve the problem, the management and staff still went to lengths to sort it out and help us.....even after returning home.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,473)

Reviewed 27 July 2010

best hotel apart form atlantis wild wadi waterpark next door amazing resturaunts amazing bach so much to do come here and you willnot regret it a great trip fo rten days in the scorching weather of dubai

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have been satisfied with our facilities.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you again at Jumeirah Beach Hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2010

I stayed here in sept last year and it was the best holiday of my life so far, and I have been to lots of places! I have been to Dubai a good number of times now but this was the first time I had stayed in jumeirah. I think the thing that most stood pit for me was the authenticity, you get a true sense of the culture, sights and smells of Dubai. To make the trip truly memorable I thoroughly recommend the desert excursion which is available to book within the hotel, it comes the excitement of riding of the dunes in a jeep, stopping off to watch the sun set and see camels and falcons and finishes with the most romantic experience of eating in a bedouin camp with belly dancers and wonderful food and a 5 minute star gazing session!

Back to the hotel though, it was flawless. It has a truly cosmopolitan feel throughout, the views are incredible and the staff go above and beyond to help ( we requested a higher floor and were upgraded to the 21st the next day!) food was brilliant go west was my favorite As it was Mexican cuisine.

The water park wild wadi was also fantastic, I am 21 and my partner 26 and we quite happily amused ourselves at wild wadi for hours, brilliant fun!

Another thing I recommend is steeling across to the madinat. I would go at night time as it provides a certain ambience as the walk to the sister hotel is lit by fairy lights wrapping round palms trees which is very romantic, whilst there take a boat ride to a restaurant or go visit the souk if you really want to experience the spices, shishas and incense of dubai.

I absolutely adored this hotel and the memories will last a lifetime.

I am now in the process of booking another trip to jumeirah this September and really cannot wait! Even more so as I think my partner might be proposing whilst we are there!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2010

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us again and that you have received good service throughout your stay.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Fabulous hotel/resort, we chose the executive package which was fabulous, the staff throughout the hotel of jumeirah beach hotel including wild wadi and the executive pool were fantastic, also in the premium leisure reception area, the ice lollies and cold flannels provided by the poolside, were welcomed at 44 degrees!!!
The buggies used for transportation were also welcomed the drivers all brilliant, we bumped into a gentleman on a buggy not sure who he was but he took us for tea at the madinat hotel, another amazing hotel, we would like to thank him for that wonderful experience.The beach and sea were cleaner than any we have ever experienced anywhere in the world, lifeguards scattered everywhere around the pool at the side of the beach, on a canoe just off shore.
We will definately return to this hotel, maybe Autumn or Spring, we were made to feel welcome and appreciated for our business, businesses in the west could learn from the level of cutomer service provided at this hotel, nothing was too much trouble, well done for getting it right!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Roibin

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us in our Club Executive facility. Our team will be very pleased to read that their efforts have been much appreciated.

Reviewed 22 July 2010

Fabulous hotel - you MUST stay if visiting Dubai - although you may only be able to afford a night or two, it's still worth it. Have stayed in many Dubai hotels and none in my experience beat this... Very comfortable, warm and welcoming, staff who seem to go out if their way to accommodate, great facilities inc a small beach, marina area.... food is gorgeous with a large array of restaurant choices... and of curse the water park Wild Wadi is right next door - keeps most kids and many adults amused for hours!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have had a relaxing holiday. I am delighted to read that you have received good service throughout your stay.

Reviewed 21 July 2010

What more can I say? There is a reason this hotel is always in the top 10 for Dubai. This was our first visit to Dubai, and we would definitely go back. Great for families with something for everyone. We stayed in a 2-BR Ocean Suite which was spacious, had a large terrace, and fabulous view of the ocean. We've stayed at many beach hotels and what made this beach view exceptional was the view of the Burj Al Arab. Truly a magnificent structure and simply breathtakiing to see every day. Service was friendly and excellent. Large fine sand beach. Many types of restaurants to choose from - all good in their own way. The kids' favorite was the main buffet style restaurant. Now, I hate buffet restaurants, but this was amazing with all the different ethnic stations and freshly cooked foods. Fitness center and gym was wonderful. Kids also took scuba diving lessons with friendly, knowledgeable instructors. If you have kids, definitely sign up for the Premium Leisure Club. They offer snacks and drinks in the afternoon before dinner. Also take a golf cart or a long stroll to the Jumeriah Mandinat for a visit. Exquisite bazaar with beautiful architecture. And of course, the kids loved Wild Wadi. Guests can enjoy the water park one hour before the public is granted entrance.

Before booking this hotel, we talked with friends who had been to both Jumeirah and Atlantis. The consensus was that for a family vacation with a great beach, lots to do and good location, Jumeirah was the better choice. Our friends were right on the money.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank eurojetsetters

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us in our two bedroom suite. I am delighted to read that you and family have enjoyed many of our facilities and our team will be pleased to read that their efforts have been much appreciated. It has been our pleasure looking after you and your family.

Reviewed 18 July 2010

if you are with family consider the premium leisure club option; it was great.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank oakrainbow
JBH_Management, General Manager at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2010

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us in our Premium Leisure Club facility.