“Great City Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

South West England, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,095 helpful votes
“Great City Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

Jumeriah Emirates Towers are close to Sheikh Zayed Road and DIFC. The two towers are very distinctive on the Dubai skyline and the design has won many awards.
The lobby is very welcoming and a great place to people watch. The staff are efficient and the rooms are airy and functional. Beware of the lifts! When you are coming down it looks like you are going to crash into the floor, there is a small hidden passage that the lifts pass through. There are lots of fine dining areas including the legendary "Ivy" which is in the basement shopping area, Rib Room which serves excellent steaks and probably the best Chinese meal I have ever had in Hakkasan which is also housed in the twin towers complex. For a city hotel the Jumeriah Emirates Towers is hard to beat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AvidTraveler12
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Emirates Towers during your recent visit to Dubai and for taking the time in writing a review in TripAdvisor. Your comments are much appreciated.

Your complimentary remarks regarding your stay, our services and specifically the service received from our colleagues, were a delight to read. It is also our pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your visit in The Ivy, The Rib Room, as well as in Hakkasan.

My colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests.

We look forward to your next visit in the near future.

Complex General Manager and Area Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (538)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Service, accommodation and facilities were flawless. the rooms are spacious with magnificent city views, pool is also very cool (surrounded by skyscrapers and lit up at night). The staff were incredibly helpful allowing us to check in at 6am where we were greeted by a luxuriously appointed room with fantastic bed and bathroom. Glass lifts and opulent lobby were very nice too.

Location is not ideal but fine if you have a car or happy to taxi around..

Room Tip: high floor if possible.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jono C
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stays in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. I hope that you have had a pleasant return journey.

We are delighted to read your great review post your stay in Jumeirah Emirates Towers. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the service received from our colleagues, also mentioning the features of the room, the views, the comfort you have had while in the pool and the other facilities in the hotel.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team at the hotel and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

cairo, egypt
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had an amazing week end, seamless, arrival and departure, Doorman, Concierge were great to assist, always smiling, Amina from Front Desk, check in and check out felt lucky.....Will come back soon as it felt home

Room Tip: Book ahead of time for week ends
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Emirates Towers on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the overall service provided in the hotel, but most specifically highlighting the exemplary service you have received from Amina, our doormen, as well as Concierge colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels I have stayed in! Room was beautiful with amazing views overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road. The swimming pool is also gorgeous!! The emirates towers shopping centre is in the same tower so there are a number of restaurants to choose from including Nobu. Great location and can be reached from the Metro, just a short walk from the Emirates Towers station

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kerrymaybullion
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay in Dubai and your recent stay in Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with the hotel and that you were particularly pleased with the room you have had, as well as the swimming pool and the facilities in The Boulevard.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Emirates Towers.

Hong Kong
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Made my choice based on the reviews on Trip Advisor.

First impression when I checked in wasn't that great as the room was not ready, no fruit, no welcome note and I was a Club Floor guest. Room 3804 - The GRO who showed me my colleague to our respective rooms forgot my colleague's registration card in my room, then called me back at 11.30 pm when I was dozing off to inform me I was on a Club floor and that breakfast was served on L7 at the lounge the next morning and would I mind handing my colleagues reg card in to the reception the next day.

The Club Lounge service and food offer was poor I was asked to wait 15 minutes for a table one evening or come back later , which was ok, but in the other hotels I have stayed in, they will offer you a complimentary drink in the hotel lobby.

I ate a few times at Alfie's, which was dead, on two occasions I was the only table. The last occasion was my last lunch ( haddock fish pie) after which I became ill with a really bad case of the trots on the plane back to Hong Kong some 7 hours later well into the flight which was horrible !

The cigar bar at Alfie's was good and the Manager Vinod and his team were very good. Pool service was unfriendly, get your own towels and help yourself to a hot apple from the wooden tray at the entrance. The rest of the team were just doing their job no one went out of their way except for the sommelier at the Rib Room Matteo and the Assistant Manager Renata.

The lobby Lounge service was poor, twice I sat down for a few minutes waiting for coffee service and gave up - got up and went to Alfie's.

No one once used my name except at Alfie's and don't forget, I stayed in the hotel for one week attending the ATM. Overall the service and the welcome was not as warm as other hotels I have stayed in.

The hotel room which I stayed in was spacious, but the layout was a bit odd as the L shaped sofa was never used nor was the desk which was tucked behind the bed head, obscuring the view. One bed mattress was a bit soft for my laiking and the bed side LED light was blinking when turned on and although I pointed it out was never changed for the whole week. clean with wry nice bathroom facilities. The minibar was replenished daily.The coffee machine was handy for cups of coffee & the work desk is spacious, ideal when you have to work in your room but as I said a bit dark and hidden.

The gym which I used daily during my stay was also quite well-equipped but quite a stroll from the main hotel in the shopping Mall. Again no one ever engaged in conversation or used my name, I was a bit disappointed by the limited array of offerings at the fridge at the entrance to the gym; I was hoping for a smoothie but the menu was extremely limited.

Despite trying to make time, I was unable to find time for a spa treatment or to avail myself of any of the other restaurants at the hotel, except the buffet lunch on Friday which was underwhelming unless you are a big fan of middle east cold appetisers.

So overall, while there are a few service issues to iron out, my stay was overall satisfactory & I would probably return just for the Alfie's cigar bar and the gym.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with business colleague separate rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback via your review in TripAdvisor.

I was genuinely concerned to read about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us and given the details you shared, on this occasion, unfortunately your experience was below the usual standards, service and quality of guest feedback we strive to maintain. We always endeavor to reach out to every single guest who has shared feedback with us through the medium of our Guest Comment Cards or indeed with those who escalate the matters to the management during the course of their stay at the hotel. Thus, we are grateful for the comments you have shared in TripAdvisor.

I would like to assure you that the aim of my correspondence is not to offer excuses but rather acknowledge your feedback and offer sincere most apologies the inconvenience and the disappointment. Rest assured your comments have been well noted and I have thoroughly discussed all the points with the concerned departments.

Due to the detailed nature of your feedback, I am sending you a separate private message requesting you for a suitable time so that a telephone conversation could be arranged.

Once again, I regret the disappointments and sincerely hope that you that you will afford us the opportunity to speak to you.

Yours sincerely,

Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

In mid-January I have spent together with a friend of mine an exciting week in Dubai. We stayed at Emirates Towers and got one of the Chopard Ladies Rooms on 40th floor.

The hotel offers a fantastic view over the city (panorama glass lift) and although being located directly at Sheikh Zayed Road it is a calm and relaxing retreat. The rooms are comfortable and spacious and the friendly stuff was helpful in booking some sightseeing tours.

It’s a perfect meeting point for business people, but also for tourists. Metro Station is just around the corner (and taxis are standing in front of the entry door), so Dubai Mall with Burj Kalifa, Gold & Diamond Park and Mall of the Emirates with Carrefour Supermarket are just a few minutes far away. A smaller mall complex, “The Boulevard”, is attached (direct indoor entrance) and offers easy access to boutiques, jewelry shops, restaurants, fitness studio and bank service. The wonderful breakfast prepares you for an exciting day. The small pool area is like a peaceful island in the heart of the busy city.

Although one of the beach hotels managed by the Jumeirah group might be more attractive for families with children, my children are asking me when we could stay together in this hotel. This reminds me to mention that Emirates Towers offers a complementary bus shuttle to the beach, and with a beach pass you have access to the beach facilities of Madinat Jumeirah Resorts (Hotels Dar al Masyaf, Al Qasr and Mina a’ Salam as well as Souk Madinat).

I can highly recommend the Emirates Towers Hotel and hopefully will return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Jumeirah Emirates Towers during your visit to Dubai last January. We do know that there are a lot of hotel choices in Dubai and yet you have chosen to stay with us. Secondly, we would like to thank you for taking the time in writing a detailed review of your stay with us. Your comments are much appreciated.

We were really happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to the hotel and that you were particularly pleased the overall service provided to you.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive elements of your stay, as it is from your feedback that we will be able to uphold our commitment to excellence. I am sure that a lot of travelers, whether leisure or business, will benefit from your review. Your comments regarding the Chopard Ladies Floor, the views, as well as mentioning the offerings of The Boulevard, and the comfort you have felt as you utilized the pool, were a definite delight to read.

Also, my colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests. Your words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team at Jumeirah Emirates Towers to continue providing the best service experience.

We thank you for highly recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel by pure chance and I definitely describe myself and the friends I was there with as very very lucky. Maybe I speek in big words but Dubai and this magnific hotel raised my vacation to perfection. Surprising breakfast, friendly service, very good location, great amenities...I just recommend it!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahTowers, General Manager at Jumeirah Emirates Towers, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Jumeirah Emirates Tower on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were happy with the services provided to you. I am also pleased to note that you enjoyed the breakfast selection, amenities, and most especially the service provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back on your return to Jumeirah Emirates Tower.